• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unlikely event:
let's say that Hilary won the popular vote by a significant margin (say +5), but was tied on EV though some shit luck (I know, extremely unlikely, but w/e).

Would the republicans hand the vote to Hillary out of respect for the popular vote?

lol

If it were a straight House vote, it might be possible to put enough public pressure on enough reps to eke out a majority vote based on the popular vote.

But it's not a straight House vote. Each state gets one overall vote determined by the majority of its representatives' votes. That's too complicated to whip a simple majority out of and House reps could easily argue that they should act like electors and vote following the popular vote in their respective states. And even in an electoral tie, there are more red states than blue states.

SexyFish

Banned
Tapper: "Can you tell me one policy that Donald Trump would enact that Goldman Sachs not like?"

Kellyanne Conway: *gears turning* *smoke sputtering out of head* "Uhhhhh renegotiating trade deals?"

Setsuna

"Can you tell me one policy that Donald Trump could enact that Goldman Sachs would not like"

Kellyanne has no answer

How can some one be so god damn WHINY? holy shit!

Tapper: "Can you tell me one policy that Donald Trump would enact that Goldman Sachs not like?"

Kellyanne Conway: *gears turning* *smoke sputtering out of head* "Uhhhhh renegotiating trade deals?"
Its a testament to America's moronic citizenry that such a candidate could make it this far. Now I wonder if Joe the Plumber will run in 2020 and tie Hillary in a junky daily tracker. We are that stupid.

Zukkoyaki

Podesta to @chucktodd on Obama outperforming HRC w/ black voters so far. "You're comparing us against the first African-American President"

It was obvious to anyone who tooke a few seconds to think it through but the Clinton campaign clearly understands the AA vote and has their expectations in check. They're still confident.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Priebus says they spent "$100 million" on polling in Michigan and that it's tied.

Also, since early voting is showing a higher percentage of women are voting than expected, doesn't that screw up polling?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CBS has Trump up 1 in OH, tied in FL

Plinko

I'm starting to be a little concerned about a 1-2 point Clinton victory with a loss or tie in electoral voting.

I get what you guys are saying about NC. Still the massive over-performance of GOP in EV is worrying.

They're up 15% vs. 2012.

These are mostly dixiecrats that switched registration from D to R. Steve Schale broke this one down in his FL analysis- he found about 50K votes in the R column that had been D in 2012 and prior.

The GOP primary being competitive for the first time in decades caused a lot of elderly "democrats" who have been voting GOP every year to finally change their registration to R to vote for Trump or Cruz.

There's no actual gain for republicans there.

Kusagari

I'm starting to be a little concerned about a 1-2 point Clinton victory with a loss or tie in electoral voting.

Unless you think he's flipping MI, WI or PA I don't see how the point in worrying.

Her absolute worst case scenario to me is 274-264.

Emarv

In Plouffe we trust. If he says north of 300, I believe him.
He used to say north of 350, though! Trendz!

Nah, but really. +4 final poll is solid stuff. Means the race is basically the 3-6 lead we thought it was. I'm feeling pretty darn solid going into this.

Boke1879

Ohio is a lot closer than Florida is.

I don't think Hillary is planning on going back to Florida. Read into that how you will. But she's also made a huge push for Ohio.

Everything still points to a 4-5 point win honestly and Hillary has a ground game.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
It really pisses me off that the only reason this is even close is because of Bernie's shitty primary and Comey.

Had Bernie been less of an asshole the party would have been more united and Trump wouldn't have opened that window that Bernie first cracked opened with white male voters.

Plinko

Unless you think he's flipping MI, WI or PA I don't see how the point in worrying.

Her absolute worst case scenario to me is 274-264.

I will always worry about Michigan until the moment it is called for Hillary.

It really pisses me off that the only reason this is even close is because of Bernie's shitty primary and Comey.

Had Bernie been less of an asshole the party would have been more united and Trump wouldn't have opened that window that Bernie first cracked opened with white male voters.

I don't put much blame on Bernie. The democrats nominated a flawed candidate with major amounts of baggage. That wasn't his fault. I'm not even a huge Bernie fan, but come on. Republicans motivated and energized the racist vote here. You can't blame him for that.

honestly I doubt Comey has had as large of an affect as the increased Obamacare premiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom