• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

The danger is something releasing with extreme short notice. Enough to influence voters but not enough time for it to be debunked. It would need to be a Big Whopper tho.

I think it's actually the opposite. People are locked in. Unless there's clear unedited tape, nobody will move an inch.

Edit: Jake Tapper continuing the lie that the AA vote is lower in "many places".

heh. McConnell must be sweating.

Having two red state Republicans come out like this right before the election seems like phase I of McConnell's Operation 'Inmates, get your ass back in the asylum.' McConell's an evil fucker but he's no fool. He sees how damaging this election has been to the GOP long-term and is going to act once the voting is over.

Hillary for America Communications Director

EmFZ4Wc.png

This is always what I was afraid of and why the Clinton camp never wants to verify anything coming out of it. If they did then when something fake comes out the onus will be on them to prove its fake. How the fuck do you do that in less than 48 hours?

If Republicans were getting hacked by Russians it'd be the major theme of the election. Yet with Democrats? Nobody cares.

Can someone please send me the new chat/discord details? I'm a lurker and probably won't chat much if at all, but would prefer to follow along Tuesday night with real time updates in chat vs. constantly refreshing two GAF threads, one of which will be full of people freaking out when Trump is leading Virginia with 1% in.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can someone please send me the new chat/discord details? I'm a lurker and probably won't chat much if at all, but would prefer to follow along Tuesday night with real time updates in chat vs. constantly refreshing two GAF threads, one of which will be full of people freaking out when Trump is leading Virginia with 1% in.

can you imagine the people freaking the fuck out when votecastr is showing a trump lead at like 10:03 AM

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So I see Bernie has entered the "Hillary lost because she didn't focus on the economy and tried to use the racism/sexism card" phase.

Boke1879

This is always what I was afraid of and why the Clinton camp never wants to verify anything coming out of it. If they did then when something fake comes out the onus will be on them to prove its fake. How the fuck do you do that in less than 48 hours?

If Republicans were getting hacked by Russians it'd be the major theme of the election. Yet with Democrats? Nobody cares.

Nobody cared about the O'keefe videos and wikileaks keeps posting nothing that's getting no coverage. the FBI did more than Wikileaks ever did.

If anything they'll release something tomorrow. If it's another batch of emails? No one will care.

I can already see people freaking out when Indiana and Kentucky close at 6 and Trump is leading.

It will be very interesting the way this goes. I have been rewatching 2012 MSNBC coverage.

So we will have 6pm, nothing for Hillary.
7pm, only Vermont will get called for H.
7:30pm, nothing for H.

aborath

Neo Member
It all depends on what result you want to see in the country going forward. One of the most important things I've learned as I've gotten older is that in inter-personal conflicts of any type, who is right and who is wrong is not as important (at least up front) as everyone feeling like they are being listened to. Everyone just wants to be treated like their opinion and desires matter. Everyone does this.

Now, it may, in fact, be true that their opinions and desires are stupid-ass opinions and desires, but we do have to be willing to cut people some slack. You can't actually batter people down with ideas in order to change hearts and minds. You have to first start from a position of respect, even if unearned, and establish that you can speak to that person's worldview on some level. Then and only then can you shift how they view a situation.

This was something Bill Clinton was a master of back in the day. I mean, he still is, but it's harder for his message to break through when a lot of the targeted audience has been conditioned to think he's the devil.

Anyway, the point is just branding Americans with a racist brand and hissing at them for doing something that (for very stupid and dubious reasons) a great many of them genuinely believe is the only thing they can do to maybe change their situation is not going to help anything. The only thing that will keep us from having to do this dance again every four years for the rest of our miserable lives is being compassionate. Maybe more compassionate than some of these people deserve, but if your only options are too compassionate or not compassionate enough, I know which I'd choose. "When they go low, we go high" isn't always easy or comfortable. It doesn't always make you feel good. But it is essential.

Well said.

I can already see people freaking out when Indiana and Kentucky close at 6 and Trump is leading.
yeah Twitter is gonna be in absolute shambles. a lot of people wishing they had voted. It happened with romney but this will be 20x worse. the final appearance of the trump threat will be there.

BiggNife

well there are gonna be loads of international people watching so panic will be widespread.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to look at this thread or the OT thread until like 8 or 9.

I remember the 2012 election thread. Literally 200 posts of "OMG ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING, ROMNEY IS PRESIDENT" two seconds after the first state closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom