• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Garland needs to be confirmed. I hope that after Hillary wins, and if they Dems take control of the Senate, she speaks out immediately about it.

He's qualified, and fully capable. And, even if he's not "progressive" enough for some, the Democrats should not in any way try to legitimize what Republicans have done in regards to ignoring SCOTUS appointments.

Bullshit. Dems don't have a choice in this. Dems don't "legitimize" anything. Republicans don't care.

When will people learn that nothing the Democrats do affects the Republican agenda? There's no appeasing Republicans. There's no good will gesture. There's only beating them into submission. Lets stop getting on our knees and presenting our cheeks for a whipping every. single. time.

When Hillary wins. I hope the first thing she does is set up a DoJ that makes it their priority to very publicly, and with great shame, oust everyone from the FBI who leaked info and played politics. Leave them no quarter. Leave them no self-respect.

If Dems take the Senate, I want Obama to pull Garland (he'll get over it), and I want Hillary to nominate fucking Hippy Jesus. And when that happens, and he/she gets confirmed, I want Obama to do a press conference where he says flat out, "Republicans, you did this. *mic drop*" And then I want RBG to immediately retire, and the process to start again.

No appeasement, no olive branches. Fuck Republicans. Get shit done.

The last thing we need is 4 years of nothing getting done but Democrats constantly trying to play fair only to get slapped in the face for it. Then get pulverized in 2018/20 and think to ourselves, "damn, we should have gone for it when we had the chance." Like we do every. fucking. time.

Ophelion

Milennials are some weak shit

I try to get my peers to vote, but eh a lot aren't as enthused

In some back-handed defense of our peers, I'll say that political responsibility is something that grows with time I think. That and I imagine we'll all be much more engaged once we get to that point where all the political parties are pandering to us because too many of the Boomers are dead.

Grexeno

Bullshit. Dems don't have a choice in this. Dems don't "legitimize" anything. Republicans don't care.

When will people learn that nothing the Democrats do affects the Republican agenda? There's no appeasing Republicans. There's no good will gesture. There's only beating them into submission. Lets stop getting on our knees and presenting our cheeks for a whipping every. single. time.

When Hillary wins. I hope the first thing she does is set up a DoJ that makes it their priority to very publicly, and with great shame, oust everyone from the FBI who leaked info and played politics. Leave them no quarter. Leave them no self-respect.

If Dems take the Senate, I want Obama to pull Garland (he'll get over it), and I want Hillary to nominate fucking Hippy Jesus. And when that happens, and he/she gets confirmed, I want Obama to do a press conference where he says flat out, "Republicans, you did this. *mic drop*" And then I want RBG to immediately retire, and the process to start again.

The last thing we need is 4 years of nothing getting done but Democrats constantly trying to play fair only to get slapped in the face for it. Then get pulverized in 2018/20 and think to ourselves, "damn, we should have gone for it when we had the chance." Like we do every. fucking. time.
None of these suggestions could possibly backfire in any way. Nope, no chance.

I was just thinking, the deplorables are really gonna come out full-force election night and the following days. I feel really bad for all the journalists covering this, especially women and minorities. They've been dealing with this for months now, but God, it's gonna be especially bad for these next few days...

Finalizer

Hnnggggggggggg

has this been posted?

Nate CohnVerified account
‏@Nate_Cohn

NC early vote, near final tallies:
3.098m
D 41.7, R 31.9
W 70.7, B 22.2
F 55.5, M 42.2
18-29: 13.1
65+ 27.6

70SUqDc.gif

I was just thinking, the deplorables are really gonna come out full-force election night and the following days. I feel really bad for all the journalists covering this, especially women and minorities. They've been dealing with this for months now, but God, it's gonna be especially bad for these next few days...
Katy Tur has to be getting serially harassed on all of her social media.

JayB1920

This is what worries me as well. That polls are inaccurate because there are enough deplorables who will come out in force to vote for Trump.

bplewis24

Neo Member
Anyway, the point is just branding Americans with a racist brand and hissing at them for doing something that (for very stupid and dubious reasons) a great many of them genuinely believe is the only thing they can do to maybe change their situation is not going to help anything. The only thing that will keep us from having to do this dance again every four years for the rest of our miserable lives is being compassionate. Maybe more compassionate than some of these people deserve, but if your only options are too compassionate or not compassionate enough, I know which I'd choose. "When they go low, we go high" isn't always easy or comfortable. It doesn't always make you feel good. But it is essential.

They problem is that they don't listen. Compassion doesn't matter. Facts don't matter. Logic doesn't matter. You can reason, compassionately, and empathize with them until you are blue in the face, and it won't matter one bit. At that point shame and mockery are your best options.

It's hilarious how liberals don't even think about this. Just shows how selfish partisanship can blind you to some things.

Garland knew what the stakes were when he accepted the nomination. He knew full well that this was a possibility.

When will people learn that nothing the Democrats do affects the Republican agenda? There's no appeasing Republicans. There's no good will gesture.

Exactly ^^^

royalan

We have better chances putting up the middle finger to Republicans than playing nice. The message people should be concerned with NOT sending to Republicans is that total obstruction, breaking our government, compromising the integrity of our institutions, gets you at least SOME of what you want.

The message they need to get is that doing that gets you fucked.

BiggNife

This is what worries me as well. That polls are inaccurate because there are enough deplorables who will come out in force to vote for Trump.

The shy trump voter has been a theory since the primaries and there is literally nothing to support it.

Like, people have tried to actually prove it and they found nothing.

There was no proof of a shy trump voter in the primaries and there is no proof in EV.

Grexeno

We have better chances putting up the middle finger to Republicans than playing nice. The message people should be concerned with NOT sending to Republicans is that total obstruction, breaking our government, compromising the integrity of our institutions, gets you at least SOME of what you want.

The message they need to get is that doing that gets you fucked.
We'd still get nothing and would be destroyed in following elections. The reason we haven't gone down this path is because this result is supremely obvious.

The Deplorables are the single dumbest group of people in the world.

Main Wikileaks story today: "The protester was a paid Hillary shill, he's in the Wikileaks database!"

.... He's in the Wikileaks database because he bought a book from a defense contractor that Wikileaks leaked the mailing list of. He bought the book five years ago, Wikileaks leaked the mailing list three years ago. He is not in any of the Podesta or DNC emails.

How do these people function in life.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Donald Trump Pinata, cascarones and candy with Chile ready to go.

Also making bunches of a Remember the Maine derivative I'm calling 'Bourbons of Deplorables'

#texasisgoingblue.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
lost the quote but Reince priebus was just saying their highly sophisticated data model with over 100 million inputs shows michigan a tie.

Education Level
Arby's visit frequency
Do you follow Casey Anthony on twitter
Kenny Chesney albums owned
Number of workout machines in your basement not being used
Which lake do you vacation at
Is chinese food "chicken and broccoli" to you
Who is more scary: beyonce or nicki minaj

DrMungo

This is, unfortunately, on point. There is no such thing as compromise with this party. Their base barely believes that the government is worth keeping. They will literally "pull the temple down on their heads" just to make an ideological stance. (i.e. the debt ceiling negotiations)

Tamanon

Banned
Guys remember all the secret voters who weren't willing to say they wouldn't vote for Obama because they didn't want to come across as racist?

Boy, that changed everything.

royalan

We'd still get nothing and would be destroyed in following elections. The reason we haven't gone down this path is because this result is supremely obvious.

We'd still get nothing? I disagree entirely. To think that is to not be paying attention to what's actually at stake here.

The message sent by withdrawing Garland and nominating a more liberal judge who gets confirmed by a Democratic Senate: Liberals are happy, Republicans learn the cost of not doing their jobs.

The message sent by cleaning house at the FBI: You're a non-partisan body. Forget that and it's your ass.

Like, sorry, I'm seeing no downside here. Better to push for the things we want before we get destroyed in following elections, then not push, not get want we want...and still get destroyed in following elections.

Well currently we have seen the GOP vow to block anything Obama does even before he first took office.

They have also been willing to shut down the federal government in order to avoid taking up legislation.

We have also seen them further de-legitimize the presidency by completely ignoring a SCOTUS nominee.

We have also seen the GOP prop up and support a white supremacist and champion the destruction of the Voting Rights Act and in general enhance voter suppression efforts.

So to be fair, I'm not exactly sure what other bad things will happen given that has been their response to Democratic olive branches thus far.

GhaleonEB

Hnnggggggggggg

Steve Schale ‏@steveschale 5h5 hours ago Florida, USA
Yesterday was the best day for Dems in FL of cycle.

Won the day by about 26k voters.

Over 6.15m total FL votes so far.

That really is nuts. Total EV in 2012 was 4.8m (up 29%). Total voters, period, in 2012 was 8.5m.

Again, this will just help make lines shorter on Tuesday. Great sign.

Main Wikileaks story today: "The protester was a paid Hillary shill, he's in the Wikileaks database!"

.... He's in the Wikileaks database because he bought a book from a defense contractor that Wikileaks leaked the mailing list of. He bought the book five years ago, Wikileaks leaked the mailing list three years ago. He is not in any of the Podesta or DNC emails.

I guess it's actually pretty understandable to forget that there was ever a time when Wikileaks didn't exist solely to get Trump elected.

Grexeno

We'd still get nothing? I disagree entirely. To think that is to not be paying attention to what's actually at stake here.

The message sent by withdrawing Garland and nominating a more liberal judge who gets confirmed by a Democratic Senate: Liberals are happy, Republicans learn the cost of not doing their jobs.

The message sent by cleaning house at the FBI: You're a non-partisan body. Forget that and it's your ass.

Like, sorry, I'm seeing no downside here. Better to push for the things we want before we get destroyed in following elections, then not push, not get want we want...and still get destroyed in following elections.
Withdrawing Garland wouldn't hurt, but clearing house at the FBI? Are you insane? Not only would the resulting public outcry immediately force the Clinton administration to abandon it, but we'd be massacred in 2018 (even more than we already will be) and 2020 would dramatically increase in difficulty.

Education Level
Arby's visit frequency
Do you follow Casey Anthony on twitter
Kenny Chesney albums owned
Number of workout machines in your basement not being used
Which lake do you vacation at
Is chinese food "chicken and broccoli" to you
Who is more scary: beyonce or nicki minaj
Look, you can shit on a lot of things, but not Arbys

Life is a miserable series of unrelated events
Nothing matters. No one cares. We all die.
Darkness comes for us all.
Eat at Arby's

shiba5

Ok, let's say, for the sake of argument, that he is a "shill". All he did was silently hold up an anti-Trump sign. Then the deplorables proceeded to beat the shit out of him and yell "gun". So how the fuck does this make him the bad guy?!
These people are insane.

Party ID is going to be pretty fucky for the next few years now that Dixiecrats are dying or registering as Republicans and super liberal millennials are registering as independents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom