• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the reasons I voted for President Obama is that he has a better temperament than most of us. He wouldn't pull Garland just to spite Republicans. That's something a Republican would do. "When they go low, we go high".

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It can't be helped that people don't understand how the system works. It is esoteric and confusing AF.

shiba5

Can someone please send me the new chat/discord details? I'm a lurker and probably won't chat much if at all, but would prefer to follow along Tuesday night with real time updates in chat vs. constantly refreshing two GAF threads, one of which will be full of people freaking out when Trump is leading Virginia with 1% in.

I'd like to have it too so I can bed wet in real time.

Can someone please send me the new chat/discord details? I'm a lurker and probably won't chat much if at all, but would prefer to follow along Tuesday night with real time updates in chat vs. constantly refreshing two GAF threads, one of which will be full of people freaking out when Trump is leading Virginia with 1% in.

samesies

I don't think it matters if Obama pulls Garland or not, I doubt the current Republican party would be smart enough to push through his nomination no matter what happens on Tuesday.

dramatis

Inside Donald Trump’s Last Stand: An Anxious Nominee Seeks Assurance: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/us/politics/donald-trump-presidential-race.html

Maggie Haberman's last hurrah before "the end", describing a weird campaign and a paranoid candidate. Shocking!
Not even staff members who volunteer to be dismissed are let go. The senior communications adviser, Jason Miller, offered to resign after he was spotted at a Las Vegas strip club the night before the final presidential debate. The offer was rejected.
When you try to create an opening for someone to fire you from the campaign

And you still fail because the people who are supposed to fire you are just that incompetent

avaya

So Schale is betting on her needing 500k margin out of Miami and Broward together, would basically win her the state. He's thinking it's a 9.5m turnout.

Looks like Miami is on track to smash Obama's 208k margin......>1mn votes (890k total in 12) with a higher D% margin (closer to 65% than 61%) on actual votes cast with higher NPA breaking towards her.

Broward similarly on track. She's on track for north of 600k margin out of both of those....and that's not counting higher margins out of Orange county. Palm Beach is lagging but as it it posts in-line with '12 should be good.

Don't think there will be enough deplorables to catch up to the score she'll rack up.

I'm bulled up on Florida.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to look at this thread or the OT thread until like 8 or 9.

I remember the 2012 election thread. Literally 200 posts of "OMG ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING, ROMNEY IS PRESIDENT" two seconds after the first state closed.

im gonna be in there like a shark near a beach

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Garland needs to be confirmed. I hope that after Hillary wins, and if they Dems take control of the Senate, she speaks out immediately about it.

He's qualified, and fully capable. And, even if he's not "progressive" enough for some, the Democrats should not in any way try to legitimize what Republicans have done in regards to ignoring SCOTUS appointments.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I can't wait to see the mad scramble for more voter suppression by Republican-controlled states after this year's early voting pretty much locking up the Hillary win before Tuesday.

sazzy

has this been posted?

Nate CohnVerified account
‏@Nate_Cohn

NC early vote, near final tallies:
3.098m
D 41.7, R 31.9
W 70.7, B 22.2
F 55.5, M 42.2
18-29: 13.1
65+ 27.6

dramatis

Of course, a few days of good behavior cannot erase 16 months of erratic conduct, and aides acknowledge that their efforts to steer a straight course may falter.

And they know that his chances of winning the election are iffy. But they maintain that there is unseen money and muscle behind his political operation — and a level of sophistication that outsiders, and people who have run traditional campaigns, cannot fully appreciate.

At times, however, that is hard to detect. Over a cheeseburger, fried calamari and an “Ivanka Salad” at the Trump Grill in the basement of Trump Tower last week, several aides flipped open a laptop and loaded the popular website 270towin.com, which allows users to create their own winning electoral maps.

For 10 minutes, they clicked through the country, putting Democratic-leaning states won by Mr. Obama four years ago, like New Mexico and Colorado, into Mr. Trump’s column.

Their analysis seemed more atmospheric than scientific.
I wonder how sophisticated they think Hillary's operation is.

Also the Trump staffers trying to reason out a 270 map are pretty sad

Garland needs to be confirmed. I hope that after Hillary wins, and if they Dems take control of the Senate, she speaks out immediately about it.

He's qualified, and fully capable. And, even if he's not "progressive" enough for some, the Democrats should not in any way try to legitimize what Republicans have done in regards to ignoring SCOTUS appointments.

They don't care about legitimacy; you're advocating for giving them the best of both worlds. They shouldn't get the opportunity to confirm a moderate now that their fascist candidate looks like he is not going to be able to nominate a radical to the seat. The only way they don't try this again is if they lose this gamble and find themselves eating their own rhetoric.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
has this been posted?

‏@Nate_Cohn

3.098m
D 41.7, R 31.9
W 70.7, B 22.2
F 55.5, M 42.2
65+ 27.6

So if I'm reading that right it's very good, correct?

Ophelion

Well said.

Yeah, well, I used to be one of those people. Kinda doesn't allow you room for treating them like slime when someone else gave you a chance. It would be un-American, IMO.

I didn't deserve anyone's understanding either. But I got it. Now, I'm one of the loudest voices for liberal ideals of anyone I know. You just never can tell when the message will break through to someone. Which is why we need to follow Hillary's example and keep at it. Tirelessly. For years and decades if that's what it takes. But always remember that we're doing it to help and include and understand everyone. Even the nasty ones.

thebloo

I wonder how sophisticated they think Hillary's operation is.

Also the Trump staffers trying to reason out a 270 map are pretty sad

Their analysis seemed more atmospheric than scientific.

“You can go to Pennsylvania,” the campaign’s digital director, Brad Parscale, said, referring to a state that polls show favors Mrs. Clinton. “You can almost slice the excitement with a knife. You can feel it in the air there.”

This is the digital director of the campaign!! Clowns.

Zackat

has this been posted?

‏@Nate_Cohn

3.098m
D 41.7, R 31.9
W 70.7, B 22.2
F 55.5, M 42.2
65+ 27.6
Millennials only 13%? That seems low. Millennials suck.

I am a milennial.

Sciz

Inside Donald Trump’s Last Stand: An Anxious Nominee Seeks Assurance: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/us/politics/donald-trump-presidential-race.html

Maggie Haberman's last hurrah before "the end", describing a weird campaign and a paranoid candidate. Shocking!

And even as early-voting returns indicated a surge for Mrs. Clinton, they tried to reassure themselves, over and over, that nobody finishes stronger than Mr. Trump, comparing the wisdom of his political judgments to Babe Ruth pointing his bat to the stands to predict where he would hit a home run.

Direct footage from inside Trump Tower:

1187415_1362373048636_full.jpg

That would be extremely unfair to Merrick Garland.

I think Garland knew he wouldn't be appointed when Obama nominated. I'm sure Obama let him know this as well. I think he was basically thrown out as a political showing that Republicans aren't doing their job. Of course he is capable of the job, but Republicans need to be held accountable.

I think Garland knew he wouldn't be appointed when Obama nominated. I'm sure Obama let him know this as well. I think he was basically thrown out as a political showing that Republicans aren't doing their job. Of course he is capable of the job, but Republicans need to be held accountable.

All of this depends on the Dems actually winning the senate first. Otherwise we'll take Garland and like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom