• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

But what made the sort of people who would be dramatically disgusted every time they hear the word "email" pledge support Hillary to in the first place? I don't buy that the people who would be turned off by this were ever going to vote for her in the first place.

Gattsu25

Banned
what's going on? I just came home from work and CNN is exploding over emails again??? What happened?

32edef9c83.gif

The FBI released this statement:
ZcfFiW.png

Which tells me nothing.

We'll probably get some actual details by mid-next week.

For now, there's not enough information to even assume what this is about. It's a collective panic attack over speculation. The media is eating it up, though.

So CNN.com is running with Hillary demanding answers from Comey. That's the only bit on these emails on their homepage.

I still don't think this is going to matter at all in a few days.

I bet Comey releases a statement the day before the election

Will we still be talking about emails during her re-election campaign in 2020?

Somehow these emails will tie into the Democrat candidate in 2024

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Where are yall getting that they were forwards?

I was driving home the past hour...so I missed a lot apparently.

We don't know. I'm just supposing they could be new emails even if the text has already been reviewed (which should have been the case if the emails were sent to the private server).

Boke1879

Will we still be talking about emails during her re-election campaign in 2020?

We'll be talking about through her Presidency.

One thing this showed me. The GOP know the election is done. What they are doing is laying the groundwork to try and not legitimize her Presidency. They want the story to be her Presidency was all about investigations and scandals.

But what made the sort of people who would be dramatically disgusted every time they hear the word "email" pledge support Hillary to in the first place? I don't buy that the people who would be turned off by this were ever going to vote for her in the first place.

I think there are people who were not at all thrilled with how she handled emailz but accepted the investigation was over and also really hate Trump and were willing to vote for her. But would be turned off if they are under the impression that she is "under investigation" again and could be hauled off to jail after she's elected President.

Which is why it's super super duper important to clarify that this has very little to do with her and she is in no danger of anything.

We don't know. I'm just supposing they could be new emails even if the text has already been reviewed (which should have been the case if the emails were sent to the private server).

And on a quick recap, when did they turn over all the emails that started to come out last fall?

Seems weird it took a year and a half to find these additional things. Carlos Danger should watch his back.

I'm not sure how republicans leaking a letter from someone means that person is worthy of being fired?

If every person in this thread would know Chaffetz would do this, why aren't we holding the director of the FBI to a standard that people on a video game forum could meet?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It seems clear to me he didn't intend for the letter to be leaked. That's my speculation but everything he did points to that. He didn't notify her because he didn't expect her to need to react to it.

I don't think Comey is that stupid. He knew it would be immediately leaked.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
And on a quick recap, when did they turn over all the emails that started to come out last fall?

Seems weird it took a year and a half to find these additional things. Carlos Danger should watch his back.

I think she turned over the server sometime last summer (like 2015)? Weiner has only been under investigation I think since August.

tbm24

So it's looking more and more like the angle the media is going to take is that somewhere in these emails will be HILLARY admitting to her evil plot to compromise classified information.

I felt optimistic about staying ingrained in the political media machine up to election night, now I'm starting to feel a bit sick by it.

This is related to the computer (apparently) they seized recently as part of the sexting investigation, which is only a few weeks old.

Sianos

I think there are people who were not at all thrilled with how she handled emailz but accepted the investigation was over and also really hate Trump and were willing to vote for her. But would be turned off if they are under the impression that she is "under investigation" again and could be hauled off to jail after she's elected President.

Which is why it's super super duper important to clarify that this has very little to do with her and she is in no danger of anything.

I agree, it's important to get out in front of this and clarify that the story is itsfuckingnothing.gif.

Perhaps the erroneous "investigation" headline will do damage, but if someone is impressionable enough to be swayed by that alone then the explanation of what is actually going on should away them again.

I don't know if it would have happened anyway, but since I work in the same building a polling location in Texas, it seemed like a huge influx of voters came in after the news broke around midday.

kevin1025

Banned
CNN is treating this like it's campaign ending.

Am I missing something?! Are they seeing between lines no human eye can see?

I guess Clinton's the new CNN punching bag. Keep that horse race alive.

shem935

Banned
If every person in this thread would know Chaffetz would do this, why aren't we holding the director of the FBI to a standard that people on a video game forum could meet?

I'm not sure how his actions would have changed if he had thought that? Sure his letter was vague, most likely because he just got the info and wanted to keep them appraised of the situation. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who wouldn't do his job in the face of Chaffetzs stupidity. But again this is all moot speculation. Hopefully we get a better idea of what's going on later.

I don't know if it would have happened anyway, but since I work in the same building a polling location in Texas, it seemed like a huge influx of voters came in after the news broke around midday.
Probably old people will be the one to let it effect them. I can't see young voters being turned off by this. Old people, yes.

Diablos

Why do people here even watch CNN.
Um tons of people watch CNN like people who aren't politically savvy.

This could change the entire race. Not just the Senate. Even if it takes 5 days for facts to come out we are OUT OF TIME. That it even leaves lingering doubts about her is just awful. The timing could not be worse. This is a nightmare.

Republicans are enthused now too. Dems are confused and concerned. Everything just got turned upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom