• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breads

Banned
Oh Conway figured out a new way to spin this. This is Clinton's second investigation of the year! claps.

On the flip side she invoked a brilliant use of her 'we need to stick to the issues' mantra knowing this story was indeed a whole lotta nuthin.

Amir0x

Banned
Of course Hillary is gonna win. The problem is margin stuffing. We need to win the Senate and make the Republican House majority significantly smaller. That is what Coomeys indisputable partisan hackery can damage, that is what is at stake. And that is not an illegitimate fear. Every point counts for that goal.

Fuck Coomey and i cannot wait til that loser has his career slowly lobotomized.

Crocodile

To me, its less about Clinton winning (still seems assured) and more I want this to be a landslide because Trump is such garbage he needs to be rebuked and we need to reclaim at least one house of Congress. So to me it matters if she wins by 3 instead of like 9.

That's again assuming this actually moves the needle in any fashion. There's a high likelihood it doesn't. But any time Clinton has to spend with the spotlight on her is time the spotlight isn't on Trump.

Bowdz

Did Comey even need to release this letter now? Wouldn't it have made more sense to just wait and continue with the investigation and then update Congress after they've finished the investigation? Then he could at least say "we found xyz as it relates to the previous investigation".

Did Comey even need to release this letter now? Wouldn't it have made more sense to just wait and continue with the investigation and then update Congress after they've finished the investigation? Then he could at least say "we found xyz as it relates to the previous investigation".
He had to update his testimony. Had he had these emails, and not released a statement, and they came out, it would have been a lot worse for everyone. It would have been a perfect wedge to delegitimatize her presidency. It would have appeared as though the FBI was working to protect her. The fall out from hiding this would have been a hell of a lot worse.

User1608

Banned
Of course Hillary is gonna win. The problem is margin stuffing. We need to win the Senate and make the Republican House majority significantly smaller. That is what Coomeys indisputable partisan hackery, that is what is at stake. And that is not an illegitimate fear. Every point counts for that goal.
Yeah, this is definitely my main concern. I should have been more specific but you put it down really well I feel. Obviously Trump himself is dead. That's why I hate how the media operates. Fucking CNN. $$$

Joeytj

Banned
To me, its less about Clinton winning (still seems assured) and more I want this to be a landslide because Trump is such garbage he needs to be rebuked and we need to reclaim at least one house of Congress. So to me it matters if she wins by 3 instead of like 9.

That's again assuming this actually moves the needle in any fashion. There's a high likelihood it doesn't. But any time Clinton has to spend with the spotlight on her is time the spotlight isn't on Trump.

Nate Bronze already said that the previous FBI announcement dropped Hillary's margin by just 2 points, and it's doubtful this will have the same effect (although we have to wait). And even if it did, a 2 point drop will still leave her with a larger lead than what Obama had a few days before the election.

Oh, and 18 million people have already voted and Hillary is winning there already.

Amir0x

Banned
Of course he didnt. He could have waited 11 days before putting out his comically obvious "let your imagination run wild Trump fans WUNK WINK" letter.

But he did not, because he is an incompetent piece of shit who wants a racist, misogynistic sexual predator in office.

We good though, Comey's career is in countdown now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He had to update his testimony. Had he had these emails, and not released a statement, and they came out, it would have been a lot worse for everyone. It would have been a perfect wedge to delegitimatize her presidency. It would have appeared as though the FBI was working to protect her. The fall out from hiding this would have been a hell of a lot worse.

That's just his defense; it isn't actually true. It's politically motivated. He easily could have said nothing and just looked at the emails and said "huh."

Anyone lashing out at Comey or anyone besides the Republicans who are making hay out of this nonsense is doing nothing but embarrassing themselves.

Nah, the idiot in the tale of the scorpion and the frog isn't the scorpion; he's right that his nature was known in advance. If Comey intended for this, he's stepped over the line. If he didn't intend for Jason Chaffetz to start this, he's too incompetent to manage a KFC. Either seems like a reasonable excuse to fire someone.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm not really worried about the Senate. I mean, I want it 100050505%. But my primary goal is making sure we don't have a racist in office who will cow tow to Paul Ryan's dangerous crap. I have priorities. I want Cortez Masto and Hassan and McGinty but I want Hillary #1.

I'm not really worried about the Senate. I mean, I want it 100050505%. But my primary goal is making sure we don't have a racist in office who will cow tow to Paul Ryan's dangerous crap. I have priorities. I want Cortez Masto and Hassan and McGinty but I want Hillary #1.

How dare you not mention Ross.

Amir0x

Banned
With Republican monster Senators going on record sayin we cool with eight justices, we need more than a White House now. We at least need Senate tie for Kaine tiebreaker.

Boke1879

Yup. I said this a couple of months ago, but my main concern is the Presidency. I want her in that seat before all else.

Diablos

Really though... This is about the same emails probably?

And like, maybe a few of the deleted emails?

Is that really it?
No one knows that they are exactly. They just know they didn't come from Hillary's server but on a device belonging to Huma. No one knows what the contents are. Could be nothing, could be something somewhat significant, could be something that would be horrible for Hillary and Dems in general.

Hillary can survive a 2-3 point dip but some Dems in close Senate races cannot. Let's just hope this does not hurt downballot and Hillary doesn't lose any more than 2-3 points in the polls. If Hillary is elected with a GOP House and Senate she's going to be extremely ineffective and it will be a painful 4 years with a dwindling SCOTUS.

Maybe avoid your mother's chicken nuggets until you calm down.
Hilarious.

nobody knows, so let's panic and shit our pants on reflex like we've done every time anything has popped up in the last 4 years of poligaf threads instead of WAITING FOR ANY NEW FUCKING DEVELOPMENTS

ampere

Cv4TFgaVMAAlvNK.jpg

super duper bad

Cortez Masto and Kander are really talented politicians who can probably be president.

Hopefully they can still win.

Cesare, is there any oppo?
I think Cortez-Masto has always had it in the bag with the Reid machine behind her. I don't expect this will affect Kander either way since his campaign has been pretty independent of HRC being that he's in a red state. Only way I see if it affects Democratic turnout there.

Touchdown

Banned
I think CNN has it wrong, on the scroll it reads "Weiner Sexting Probe leads FBI to review Clinton Case" Isn't it the other way around?

Diablos

nobody knows, so let's panic and shit our pants on reflex like we've done every time anything has popped up in the last 4 years of poligaf threads instead of WAITING FOR ANY NEW FUCKING DEVELOPMENTS
We're all waiting for new developments. This isn't about PoliGAF it's about the GE.

The problem is this is breathing life into the Trump voterbase and even Paul Ryan jumped on the bandwagon. GOP enthusiasm is likely to go up. Democrats on the other hand aren't sure what's around the corner but it's hard to feel as confident as you did 24 hours ago in light of this news. People are voting, they see these headlines (which are bullshit I know) and they're low info voters and they can change their mind or get turned off. You just don't want these headlines 11 days before the election

Y2Kev

I think CNN has it wrong, on the scroll it reads "Weiner Sexting Probe leads FBI to review Clinton Case" Isn't it the other way around?

No, that's right. They're researching Weiner and they found emails from/to/about Hillary on his computer, probably to/from Huma.

Touchdown

Banned
No, that's right. They're researching Weiner and they found emails from/to/about Hillary on his computer, probably to/from Huma.

Ah. Got ya. If this is confusing to me, I'm thinking the normal regular Joe would have no clue what this is all about.

You can even see this in the 538 tracking graphs, but the election cycle so far has been...

- Media starts focusing on Hillary
- Polls get dangerously close, but Hillary is slightly ahead
- Trump NUKES himself somehow
- Polls skyrocket for hillary
- Is Trump over? It's finally over!
- REPEAT

At this point, Election Day is so close it's hard to tell what the final result will be, but I also remember going into election night in 2012 thinking Romney could possibly win and that went fast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

No, the CNN crawl is correct.

We're all waiting for new developments. This isn't about PoliGAF it's about the GE.

The problem is this is breathing life into the Trump voterbase and even Paul Ryan jumped on the bandwagon. GOP enthusiasm is likely to go up. Democrats on the other hand aren't sure what's around the corner but it's hard to feel as confident as you did 24 hours ago in light of this news. People are voting, they see these headlines (which are bullshit I know) and they're low info voters and they can change their mind or get turned off. You just don't want these headlines 11 days before the election

The difference between this and the Access Hollywood story is that there isn't any further context needed for the AH story. If "UNDER INVESTIGATION" by itself were enough to cause you to massively hemorrhage votes, she would have been losing in polls at some point during the actual investigation and/or when the Benghazi stuff came out.

Y2Kev

Wait why dont you think Ross will win?

I mean she hasn't been leading in most polls, so you're relying on ground game to make up 1-3 points. It's certainly possible. I think she's running too far behind Hillary and Cooper.

You can even see this in the 538 tracking graphs, but the election cycle so far has been...

- Polls get dangerously close, but Hillary is slightly ahead
- Trump NUKES himself somehow
- Polls skyrocket for hillary
- Is Trump over? It's finally over!
- REPEAT

At this point, Election Day is so close it's hard to tell what the final result will be, but I also remember going into election night in 2012 thinking Romney could possibly win and that went fast.

People forget there were polls in the last week that showed Obama behind. His range was +4 to -1. Hillary isn't really in that zone, especially at the state level. Chilllll. Gonna be a long ass week though and perhaps the longest ass Monday ever. I took Wednesday through Friday off. I can't even imagine how bad it will be if she loses!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Of course Hillary is gonna win. The problem is margin stuffing. We need to win the Senate and make the Republican House majority significantly smaller. That is what Coomeys indisputable partisan hackery can damage, that is what is at stake. And that is not an illegitimate fear. Every point counts for that goal.

Fuck Coomey and i cannot wait til that loser has his career slowly lobotomized.

Pretty much. Clinton win without taking the Senate will suck. Gridlock for at least 4 years and probably no SCOTUS hearings.

Measley

News of tightening polls is good news for Democrats. That'll get people off their butt and make them vote instead of sitting on the sidelines.

Keep in mind, Trump saying that the polls are rigged will reduce his turnout.

Amir0x

Banned
Pretty much. Clinton win without taking the Senate will suck. Gridlock for at least 4 years and probably no SCOTUS hearings.
Yup. Democrats cannot let this happen. We need to crush this party of racists and misogynists, and the next best way to start doing it is ensuring we have 2 or 3 justices picked before end of her term.

We need the Senate. That is why human detritus comey has his coming. His career is in countdown now.

kevin1025

Banned
News of tightening polls is good news for Democrats. That'll get people off their butt and make them vote instead of sitting on the sidelines.

Keep in mind, Trump saying that the polls are rigged will reduce his turnout.

Rigged tightened polls, the real killer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom