• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Anyone with basic reading comprehension can read it for what it is.

1.) He admits not having to do this.
2.) He admits he does not know shit about the relevancy of this new stuff to Hillary.
3.) Coyly admits he might be misunderstood politically (oldest "im objective trust me" trick in the book)
4.) Despite not knowing anything, he writes this letter to a Republican dominated committee.

This off the back of his universally derided unprecedented partisan hackjob on Hillary when he gave his not indict speech.

This is inarguably done to fire up the imagination of voters designed to think the worst of Hillary due to her trust deficit. Political hackery 101.

Comey is a sick bastard, and he will be punished in his career for his grotesque behavior.
And this dude has a law degree?

Amir0x

Banned
There are eleven days left. He will give Clinton cover the second it is too late to help. We need the Senate, and this piece if shit could jeopardize this. Destroy him Hillary. Make him wish he was never born. Wanna play with fire, Comey? Bet.

Hope he liked his illustrious career.

Iolo

Aside from what this may or may not mean for the election, I think the most dispiriting thing about it is how badly it reflects on the FBI and undermines their credibility -- the same credibility that Comey went at lengths, ad nauseam, to defend in front of Congress just a couple months ago.

Like I said this morning, the last thing we needed during this election was for trust in yet another governmental institution to be undermined.

Read that letter as if your reading from the right.

A lot of his actions have been to give cover for what is a plainly stupid case to begin with.

Coney cares that the FBI can be respected on the right

And when he gives clinton cover next week...

And that's a huge problem. I don't care that he is a republican, but he shouldn't care what anyone thinks. Just do the investigations and let the results speak for you.

And to be honest thats seems to be a good reason why directors are given 10 year terms so they are not beholden to the bullshit of either side

I guess that kills the "He had to send the letter!" argument.

In fact, I think this might turn out okay because it's going to turn into "Republican head of FBI tries to tilt election to Trump" by the beginning of the week.

A lot of his actions have been to give cover for what is a plainly stupid case to begin with.

But we're clearly seeing that the FBI isn't respected by either side! That's pretty clear incompetence!

User1608

Banned
Agreed, but the CNN's of the nation better get off their DEAD HEAT high horse and start calling this out for exactly what it is -- a farce brought forth by a partisan hack.
I don't blame you for your words.

I'll personally wait for some more info to come out to make a final, absolute judgement because I thought Comey was just doing his job much earlier today and thought all the earlier flames against him/FBI were silly if I'm remembering correctly, hah hah.

lyrick

His own memo said he didn't need to do this. Do your investigation, don't come forward with "I have no idea if there is anything to this, but fuck this election"

You forgot to read his memo as an application to be a Fox News "Expert" contributer

What's this about 10,000 new emails or some bullshit? I'm seeing different journalists on Twitter throwing out random numbers.
I literally can't follow shit about this other than the fact that Comey used his "Feelz" and sent a letter to the committee which he didn't actually have to do.

Comey is a partisan fuckwad.
And media outlets who are hyping this up instead of investigating and researching first can fuck off as well.

Even if Comey confessed tomorrow to being a partisan dick and resigns on the spot, it's too late. This already did damage. Even if headlines for the weekend are all "this a hitjob" it's too late. It already did damage. Americans will trust a 1-line news story that grabs their attention a hundred times more than having to actually read information about how it might be inaccurate. The public isn't PoliGAF and will look for details, nor do they like waiting for additional explanations. They saw a night of every news outlet leading with a terrible-looking headline, and that's what matters.

Chumley

Banned

If he gives her cover, which I seriously doubt, it will be too late to matter. I'd nearly bet my account on it.

He not only wants to be respected on the right, he wants them controlling the country.

Even if Comey confessed tomorrow to being a partisan dick and resigns on the spot, it's too late. This already did damage. Even if headlines for the weekend are all "this a hitjob" it's too late. It already did damage. Americans will trust a 1-line news story that grabs their attention a hundred times more than having to actually read information about how it might be inaccurate. The public isn't PoliGAF and will look for details, nor do they like waiting for additional explanations. They saw a night of every news outlet leading with a terrible-looking headline, and that's what matters.

My dad thought Wikileaks did this

mjp2417

Banned

These are all very good reasons for Comey not to be director of the FBI.

Iolo

What's this about 10,000 new emails or some bullshit? I'm seeing different journalists on Twitter throwing out random numbers.
I literally can't follow shit about this other than the fact that Comey used his "Feelz" and sent a letter to the committee which he didn't actually have to do.

Comey is a partisan fuckwad.
And media outlets who are hyping this up instead of investigating and researching first can fuck off as well.

No one knows any details of how many emails or what is in them, because no one has any details including Comey.

Barzul

Most people are at Halloween parties or watching a baseball game or something, really not sure about the reach of this tbh.

Ecotic

Yeah that's the reality of it. I'm just sick at this development. Hillary's momentum will be stopped for at least half of the remaining time on the clock and we can forget about the off chance at retaking the House. I'll now be thrilled with winning the Presidency and any majority in the Senate.

Ondore

The campaign has been pretty good at turning chicken shit into chicken salad for most of the year, surely they can lean on "Vote for all the Democrats you can following this massive cock-up from the FBI" for the next week-and-a-bit?

Diablos

Exactly. Comey knows he's not influencing anyone at this level of engagement towards the election. He knows exactly what he did today. That's what this is all about and why I and so many others are so mad at him for actually doing this. I still say, even if it's not as bad as initially thought, this is uncharted territory in terms of the political ramifications.

Boke1879

Most people aren't sitting around watching the news. A lot of people are out at Halloween parties this weekend or watching the baseball game.

I'm not sure how this story will look tomorrow, Sunday or Monday, but I know that letter from Comey to the FBI doesn't help his case at all.

The campaign has been pretty good at turning chicken shit into chicken salad for most of the year, surely they can lean on "Vote for all the Democrats you can following this massive cock-up from the FBI" for the next week-and-a-bit?

Not to mention the huge turnout so far in early voting. People already made up their minds here, and it's too late to change that.

That being said a lot of people have tuned out of this election at this point and luckily it happened on a Friday. The campaign has also done the best job of anything sk far this cycle of getting far ahead of this and not letting it sit there.

iammeiam

My dad thought Wikileaks did this

I'm honestly really curious if the protracted Wikileaks Podesta thing winds up cutting some of the impact here. I've talked to people who don't really pay attention and just kind of skim by on headlines, and they don't really understand that the e-mail thing about Clinton that's been a scandal lately is totally unrelated from the e-mail thing the FBI was looking into her about, and I'm not sure that they'll grasp that the e-mail thing that's making headlines today is terribly distinct from anything they've been hearing about at all lately.

I get that CNN etc are playing this up as an October Bombshell, but the only story they have at this point is "something might be going on with Clinton's e-mails!" which is the same story we've been more or less hearing forever; barring something with actual substance coming out this might not find much traction outside of people who were already incensed by her e-mails in general.

Strimei

So I'm catching up, but I have a question.

From what I understand, what they found were emails Huma sent to Hillary from Weiner's laptop, right? That she borrowed or somesuch.

So how on earth could it be thousands of emails? Unless she routinely borrowed his laptop, I guess.

Slayven

That being said a lot of people have tuned out of this election at this point and luckily it happened on a Friday. The campaign has also done the best job of anything sk far this cycle of getting far ahead of this and not letting it sit there.

And I think Comey gives the media a new chew toy, cause honestly they are tired of donald and hillary

Boke1879

From what I understand, what they found were emails Huma sent to Hillary from Weiner's laptop, right? That she borrowed or somesuch.

So how on earth could it be thousands of emails? Unless she routinely borrowed his laptop, I guess.

We don't know. Not even Comey knows which makes all of this amatuer hour.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Most people are at Halloween parties or watching a baseball game or something, really not sure about the reach of this tbh.

Much, if there is any, of the damage could be reversed if the narrative changes to Comey, Republican FBI Director.

I'm honestly really curious if the protracted Wikileaks Podesta thing winds up cutting some of the impact here. I've talked to people who don't really pay attention and just kind of skim by on headlines, and they don't really understand that the e-mail thing about Clinton that's been a scandal lately is totally unrelated from the e-mail thing the FBI was looking into her about, and I'm not sure that they'll grasp that the e-mail thing that's making headlines today is terribly distinct from anything they've been hearing about at all lately.

I get that CNN etc are playing this up as an October Bombshell, but the only story they have at this point is "something might be going on with Clinton's e-mails!" which is the same story we've been more or less hearing forever; barring something with actual substance coming out this might not find much traction outside of people who were already incensed by her e-mails in general.

I tried explaining it to him in more detail and he just shrugged and continued to believe this was a nothing "leak" from Wikileaks like the rest (he laughed at the Podesta risotto recipe, despite not even knowing who Podesta is) because the real answer was complicated.

Strimei

We don't know. Not even Comey knows which makes all of this amatuer hour.

That explains the confusing conflicting stuff I've been reading in my catch up.

I can't imagine that there'd be that many emails sent from that laptop though. Surely. But who knows.

God what a shit show.

It could just be the pertinent e-mails are amongst thousands that need sifting through.

I'd think they're also counting each individual email, not email chains. So if there's a lot of short back and forth chains, they'd be counted as like 8-10 emails each (or whatever). Each email counts because any one of them might be of interest (contain classified data, etc.).

Strimei

It could just be the pertinent e-mails are amongst thousands that need sifting through.

Oh, that'd make more sense. Didn't think of it that way.

I'd think they're also counting each individual email, not email chains. So if there's a lot of short back and forth chains, they'd be counted as like 8-10 emails each (or whatever). Each email counts because any one of them might be of interest (contain classified data, etc.).

Or that way.

Slayven

That is what i been saying. At some point it just becomes white noise to non political nerds.

Amir0x

Banned
God Trump. This is what Comey wanted. Letter is vague enough that Trump and his mentally handicapped surrogates can fill in the blanks with vomit garbage and who can refute it? No one because even Comey doesnt know shit.

Incompetent, embarrassing, ignorant piece of garbage.

Go ahead peeps, stand behind Comey. He wont be there come this time next year. Fucking piece of shit.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm so tired of this email shit. At the end of the was she working with Russians? Was she selling state secrets to Saudi Arabia?

No its the same shit the gop did to Bill Clinton.... Look look and look and then end up with some bullshit like lying about getting a bj.

Diablos

God Trump. This is what Comey wanted. Letter is vague enough that Trump and his mentally handicapped surrogates can fill in the blanks with vomit garbage.

Go ahead peeps, stand behind Comey. He wont be there come this time next year. Fucking piece of shit.
GOP is going to be doing a lot better in terms of enthusiasm in the coming days...

Amir0x

Banned
Because all the usual suspects are losing their minds I can confidently say this will be fucking nothing.
Define what "nothing" means to you. We all know Hillary is gonna win the presidency. That is not what the political fallout here is about.

So define "nothing" for us.

Why is their shit all over the walls... and good god, why have so many of you got shit all over yourselves?

Jesus I can't step away for even a few hours you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom