• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rick Wilson knew something then a lot of people would also know it and it would have leaked already.

He might think he knows something, not willing to call him completely full of shit just yet, but perhaps he was mislead or is just super gullible. (or 100% correct!)

Chumley

Banned
lzH1vwT.jpg

kAULyjF.jpg

I just got home after working 12 hours in a stifling hot kitchen where i watched my Cubs choke on game 3.

Whats the deal with these new emails? My understanding is the new batch is from anthony weiner and has nothing to do with hillary.are these nothing burgers or something else?

Im not worries, I know the abuela i voted for will win.

Just looking for a quick summary from todays events, that i totally missed because i was serving the dozens and dozens of loyal customers i have . Smiley face.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
the NYT hasn't really released much besides the tax returns right? i know Farenthold got the access hollywood tape but i can't imagine them having nothing before the election.
Hmm. The NYT was pretty damn coy about whether those few pages of tax returns were all they'd received. It's been a while, wonder if we'll see more from them?

Indeed.

I just got home after working 12 hours in a stifling hot kitchen where i watched my Cubs choke on game 3.

Whats the deal with these new emails? My understanding is the new batch is from anthony weiner and has nothing to do with hillary.are these nothing burgers or something else?

Im not worries, I know the abuela i voted for will win.

Just looking for a quick summary from todays events, that i totally missed because i was serving the dozens and dozens of loyal customers i have . Smiley face.

That's about right
Things shifted from "Oh god what is this rip queen" to "Oh, this is a confusing barelyanythingsandwich/nothingburger" to "WTF was Comey trying to pull" over a few hours.
The noise about it has died down greatly now that this is looking more and more likely to incur a partisan backfire

Pixieking

Banned
But guys guys! What about the optics? :D

Though, in a way, it's a serious question - It really does look like it's the boy who cried wolf with the GOP and emails. They've whined on so much and so often about them, that even if there were something bad, it's just part of the daily news cycle. Would I be right in thinking that the media are tired of them, so they'll focus on Comey being a partisan dick? In which case, it may (glass is half-full) rebound on the GOP/Trump, as it looks like Comey was trying to settle any questions about his bias, and ended up being biased towards the corrupting influence of Trump.

Or is that too hopeful a reading?

I still don't like this story because it is dominating news coverage.

There was always going to be something else that dominated the news coverage that was bad for Clinton. At least with this there is an obviously high ground for her. The media is already shifting the story.

All things said, this is not that bad. The polls will tighten a bit even though that tightening won't have anything to do with this. The media will run with that narrative. Then the polls will break back towards Clinton and the media will go with that.

There are simply too many days left between now and the 8th. The media needs some sort of grist. As grist goes, something that is already factored in to Clinton's support is fine.

Time for the oppo.

UAKvqdF.gif

Phew! I just have to give it another 6 hours and all the headlines are about 50% flipped over to Clinton asking wtf is going on, and none of them are sensationalist nonsense about the old email probe. Though still kill me, please. My heart can't take this kind of stuff anymore, to say nothing of all that murderous food on the past few pages.

This is still bad since it'll fill an entire news cycle with a thing that's a 100% negative for Clinton. Even a unicorn land FBI apology claiming he was trying to avoid bias which resulted in bias can't fix damage it already did. In other words, those damned optics are still awful. I do hope at least someone at the FBI speaks up and says they dislike having themselves abused for political revenge purposes.

Pixieking

Banned
It's not. Nobody cares at this stage. It's baked in.
Well, except CNN. And masochist watersports fans.

Cool... I was stressing before I went to bed 8 hours ago with the WaPo and NYTimes headlines being rather lurid and "ohmahgawd Clinton emails!", but everything seems to have settled down now.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I am flabbergasted at the number of closet Trump supporters making themselves known in the OT thread.
Trump's polling way too high for me to be surprised. Disappointed? Always. Surprised? Nope.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
has anyone thought about republicans playing coy with the supreme court and leaving it at 8 justices because they are going to impeach clinton on day 1?

Eusis

Trump's polling way too high for me to be surprised. Disappointed? Always. Surprised? Nope.
After the crap that crops up around the place I feel the same; those same classmates I mentioned in the last topic seriously seem to believe Trump will win or Hillary will rig the election in here favor and don't trust the polls. And there's one woman I've met of Pakistani descent who wears the Trump hats so it can just come from anywhere.

Brinbe

Sometimes it's good to have a 13 hour work day. I completely avoided all the bullshit from today.

Can never be easy, can it?

Yea it'd have to be video or audio or people won't react

Remember Ray Rice? The general public didn't give a shit, as horrifying as it was to see him drag his unconscious fiance out of the elevator and confess to hitting her, until they saw the punch

Well, knew how bad it was until they saw the video.

sazzy

For those wanting a hopium shot, John King said it best:

Clinton's camp would've tried their hardest to get undecideds/somewhat-Donald-leaning-but-unsure people out to vote early, as soon as early voting started in those states. This is news isn't going to impact people who've already made up their mind, on either side.

For those wanting a hopium shot, John King said it best:

Clinton's camp would've tried their hardest to get undecideds/somewhat-Donald-leaning-but-unsure people out to vote early, as soon as early voting started in those states. This is news isn't going to impact people who've already made up their mind, on either side.
Yeah, that also seems clear from the OT thread (not that is a great or at all representative source, but still). The only people that really seem to care about this at all are people that never liked Clinton at all anyway and had already made up their minds about her long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom