• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Was going to comment on the Comey thing, but by now you guys and WaPo have it all covered. So instead ...

Never mind the fatass and the suit Ami, but you got HUGE hands.
They say things about people with big hands. Wait that's feet... Im size 11 shoe. Does that count as big?

I'm going to have a knot in my stomach until we get post-Comeygeddon polls.

I feel the same way. I hope the American voters are smart enough to not elect Trump especially if there was nothing illegal on Clinton's part but this whole election has been a complete circus and just needs to end already.

starmud

10 more days.
Here where I can hide in my California conclave and pretend we're all voting for Hillary, it all felt survivable on Thursday; today... I witnessed Andrea Mitchell question the exsistence of a Clinton email story. Now, I can't bare to see a social media stream. Cable news feels deadly if consumed. I threw away the batteries from my remote and I've deleted all traces of news programing but for MSNBC on my iPhone. A small dose of Rachel maddow come Monday sounds semi therapeutic for my faint heart in these end days.

I just finished the last bottle of Evian, it's going to be a long night.

watershed

Banned
This election is already over. This latest FBI thing is a last ditch effort to damage Clinton and save downticket republicans by an FBI director who is either clearly trying to influence the election or politically blind (which he isn't).

rjinaz

That dude is straight out of r/the_donald

Oh yes. He's very subtle about it. I don't think he has ever even came out and said he supports Donald Trump (he said he thinks Trump will win though), but he likes to randomly ask alt right questions and posts alt right conspiracies. Usually he tries to act like he is just amused by them, more so than he actually believes them but it's pretty obvious he does. I notice somebody removed his ps mvp tag.

sazzy

What was it at pre-Comey?

it was flipping between 90% and 91% every other day or so.

pre-comeygate

nlWz2n.png

kess

This latest episode was almost worth it just to see the woe-is-me "Hillary is a weak candidate" people crawl out of the woodwork after she demolished Trump in all three of the debates.

rjinaz

Hopefully CNN stops saying "October bombshell".

You know in a way I am almost relieved this happened. Because you always dread there is something coming right before the election. Well it came. It really seems like the last bullet Clinton has to dodge before she is elected president. And really she doesn't look so bad coming out of it, the FBI looks bad. I'm also not entirely sure Trump is in the clear yet, but even if he is, it won't matter, she has the only paths.

I wouldn't be shocked if this pivots to Comey and how vague and unprecedented this was.
This might be asking too much (the average American doesn't want a complicated story or needing to but 2+2 together to form an opinion), but people who heard about this yesterday and see a headline today about lolWeiner underage sexting being the origin are going to laugh it all off in an instant.

Fucking Carlos Danger. If the Clintons were actually murderous devils they'd have taken him out as soon as he and Huma split. For alleged criminal masterminds who silence their opposition they're pretty freaking awful at it. Plus, for a campaign allegedly controlling the media they do a pretty shitty job of that, too. If they're going to be accused of ludicrous things they could at least produce some results, dammit!
In a just just world. I would control the media. And drop the oppo. There would be no CNN. Or Fox. Only shinranews.
So... you're saying that GAF should control the media? Might be an interesting experiment for a few months. Until the Clintons take us out, of course.

Trump and his surrogates main message for the past month has been how biased the media (and FBI) are towards Clinton. This story and the manner in which it was reported completely exposes that for the garbage that it is and i hope that the Clinton camp points that out.

Boke1879

It is an October "bombshell" only in how unusual this is. Comey injected and allowed himself to be used as a political tool 10 days before election.

The actual substance of all of this is very little and again it's about emails. The thing we've heard about for what seems like forever. No one will be swayed one way or the other and I doubt it makes people stay home. If that's the case those people were looking for any excuse.

Clinton should keep doing what she's doing. Campaign. The press will ask about it and she should just repeat what she said at the presses. FBI should release what they have and Comey needs to come out and clarify.

gkryhewy

Rs going with 'if it wasn't a huge criminal discovery, they wouldn't have announced it this close to the election' - which they can milk through the election unless the FBI resolves this.

thebloo

So, it's nice to see that people have calmed down a bit. As always, some charts to put things into context.

Here's "Comey" on google trends. Compared to last summer, this is basically nothing.

JW0nljA.jpg

The big spike in the middle is the summer statement. The little spike at the end of September is him testifying for Congress.

Very Relevant:

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 9h9 hours ago Washington, DC
Florida's registered voters, now final:
2016: White 64.2, Hispanic 15.7, Black 13.4
2012: White 66.5, Hispanic 13.9, Black 13.6

About the ABC poll, their LV screening is FUBAR IMO

Breads

Banned
You guys think that the email thing has any effect on that poll? Clintons numbers look the same.

I don't think should.

HRC emails have been a pretty big talking point for over a year now and if people were going to react to it they already should have by now. It gets a lot of partisan play but I don't think it's changing anyone's mind.

I have no idea who that means so...

Plus, however, Maher is a comedian and everything can be joked about, but context matter ofc.

Suge Knight is a scary man who gets things done through thuggery and intimidation and Wayne Brady makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.

If there are holding onto anything that hurts Trump it should be released asap. Sunday shows will be dominated by this news.

Also Trump is campaigning in Michigan Monday...which is a big surprise.

Zukkoyaki

If there are holding onto anything that hurts Trump it should be released asap. Sunday shows will be dominated by this news.

Trump has been campaigning in impractical places like Michigan, Maine, New Jersey, Colorado, etc for months. Don't look too much into that :)

lyrick

My Sunday morning Meet The Press is already ruined. I can already see Chuck Todd allowing a trump surrogate to ramble on for 20 minutes about all the possible worst case Hillary Clinton scenarios.

thebloo

Trump's campaign is a mess, you can't read anything in that.

And..you want oppo drops on a Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom