• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The reality is that there are like 7 "late" deciding voters. Partisans know this stuff. Late deciding voters are unlikely to even vote.

Silver is laser focused on betting markets like he always is but he suggests she loses a point from this. I mean let's just move on. The bigger damage is more that he gave a chicken to Kellyanne Conway to fuck for a week.

Zukkoyaki

The reality is that there are like 7 "late" deciding voters. Partisans know this stuff. Late deciding voters are unlikely to even vote.

Silver is laser focused on betting markets like he always is but he suggests she loses a point from this. I mean let's just move on. The bigger damage is more that he gave a chicken to Kellyanne Conway to fuck for a week.
Because betting markets (and PoliGAF) are now-cast personified.

Diablos

I was about to say how many late voters are gonna show up?

As for Silver, only 1 point would be okay but he's been wrong on stuff so many times, can't trust that he's right like I could in 08

Not a read, but you'd have them drop this mystical oppo every minute of everyday for the next 10 days. :)

I wish. I had given up on it but after the email news it would be good if something was there. Even if the email thing doesn't affect presidential race outcome there is down ballot.

The news will definitely cause some tightening.

Boke1879

I wish. I had given up on it but after the email news it would be good if something was there. Even if the email thing doesn't affect presidential race outcome there is down ballot.

The news will definitely cause some tightening.

While we don't know even Nate Silver doesn't predict this will even cause a 2% drop

Even Judicial Watch criticized Comey for this.

JUDICIAL WATCH.

I'm not worried about what happens to the election, but there should at least be a very strongly critical press conference from the FBI decrying James Comey as extremely careless for the way he handled this.

Walk us through it logically. How?

Biden:

I think it gives hope to some depressed Trump voters (if only a fool's hope) and gets them out to the polls. The rigged talk and the polling was creating a lovely negative feedback cycle for a while.

It may not--hopefully not--be worth more than a point or so. Less concerned about depressed Dem votes from this today.

sazzy

Smerconish's reaction lol

OjDsp1.png

shiba5

That internal letter is damning. I worked for a different 3-letter and if my boss had done something like this, I'd be livid. We are supposed to be apolitical.

Comeygate is a disaster. It's bad for Comey more than Hillary. Trumpkins want him to come clean ASAP because they think he's sitting on bombshell emails. Hillary camp wants him to come clean ASAP because they believe this is a nothing burger dressed in hot sauce. Everyone wants him to release more info. Everyone's qusstioning timing, and that internal memo is "guys im gonna go fuck up, but pls understand". Admitting political outcome influence.

I hope he comes forward on monday with full details and end it with "I am resigning from FBI because I'm a cock up"

Slayven

Comeygate is a disaster. It's bad for Comey more than Hillary. Trumpkins want him to come clean ASAP because they think he's sitting on bombshell emails. Hillary camp wants him to come clean ASAP because they believe this is a nothing burger dressed in hot sauce. Everyone wants him to release more info. Everyone's qusstioning timing, and that internal memo is "guys im gonna go fuck up, but pls understand". Admitting political outcome influence.

I hope he comes forward on monday with full details and end it with "I am resigning from FBI because I'm a cock up"

So pretty much a repeat of the last time he put his name on in the news?

I wonder if Huma slept last night. She must be crying all night. Hillary is one person in the world she aimed to please more than anyone, and the fate had it that her actions bring trouble to Hillary.

I wonder if Huma slept last night. She must be crying all night. Hillary is one person in the world she aimed to please more than anyone, and the fate had it that her actions bring trouble to Hillary.

We don't even know that her actions have anything to do with it. We know basically nothing.

Last night in the OT thread there were people losing it over the accusation that Comey was inspired by bias to pull this stunt.

I've been thinking about this entire mess and I just cannot imagine an alternate explanation that makes sense for what he did.

Slayven

Last night in the OT thread there were people losing it over the accusation that Comey was inspired by bias to pull this stunt.

I've been thinking about this entire mess and I just cannot imagine an alternate explanation that makes sense for what he did.

Kim Dot Com......

That has been the best thing about the thread.

Boke1879

Everyone is askin him to clarify. GOP think he has something and Clinton and dems believe it's nothing.

All are questioning the timing. For good reason. You don't release a vague ass letter claiming you get misunderstood. And then claim you have no idea what they emails are or even if they are relevant.

Also who's to say this doesn't motivate dems to get out and vote?

shiba5

It's really unprecedented.
I can't remember them ever discussing investigations or giving documents to a witch-hunting Republican commission (knowing they'd leak) before this. Comey has been blatantly partisan through this whole thing.
Hey, why doesn't he discuss how the investigation into Trump's Russian connections is going?
Never discuss investigations.

shiba5

Kim Dot Com......

That has been the best thing about the thread.

Oh god, this was hilarious. How are the 33,000 emails now with Wikileaks even though her server was never hacked? Oh, the NSA had them (somehow) and Kim Dot Com knows how to get into the NSA...
And Wikileaks is just sitting on them because reasons.

Everyone is askin him to clarify. GOP think he has something and Clinton and dems believe it's nothing.

All are questioning the timing. For good reason. You don't release a vague ass letter claiming you get misunderstood. And then claim you have no idea what they emails are or even if they are relevant.

Also who's to say this doesn't motivate dems to get out and vote?[/]

Indeed. This is looking like a witch hunt. It will rally the dem base because their leader is under a bullshit siege, just like the hearings.

Emarv

In every show Smerconish brings up that he's from PA.

I don't know why...

Listen to the Politico podcast sometime. It's just two people mentioning that they're from PA every 10 minutes and thus know what PA voters feel about Trump.

But really, don't listen to Politico's podcast. It sucks and Kristin Roberts is the worsttttt (WHY DO I STILL LISTEN TO THIS TRASH SHOW?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom