• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's leaks galore today. Newsweek also has sources saying the emails aren't to and from Hillary and aren't new. All just because out of "an abundance of caution".

My ass.

Somebody in the OT said that Josh Marshall hinted that there are rumors that Chaffetz pressured Comey to write the letter.
I want this to blow up in Chaffetz face so bad. He has a stupid face anyway.

So like if on the 9th Obama asks for Comey's resignation, will that look partisan? If so wouldn't writing a vague letter with the knowledge that speculation will run wild 11 days before an election against the foundational rules of the 60 day window unless there was concrete evidence leasing to indictment be considered partisan?

Oh. Because I like her, basically. Well, that's not what he said. He wants Hillary because she's nice, and she says nice things and doesn't say mean things. He also likes her hair and her outfits.

And also because he's on the payroll for Correct the Record.

Truly the children are our future!

They even talked about it with Obama, but probably couldn't seeing as they found absolutely nothing to charge him with. They've suggested doing it for Benghazi, actions on imigration, and actions on access to school bathrooms, but you'd have to be all the way sold into the far right wing to think those were impeachable actions.

If the email thing came out after hillary became president, or if damning new information comes out after she's president, I could see them trying, but hopefully Hillary will keep clean enough that they can't do it no matter how much they want to.
It would probably play out like Bill's impeachment: they impeach her, can't get close to the 67 votes they'd need in the Senate to remove her, and wind up looking like partisan assholes who wasted everyone's time.

sazzy

the best bet for democrats is to come down hard on comey personally and make this a partisan issue, so that he's forced to resign asap

otW8Rp.png

How many times has the media been taken for a ride this election? Not even the long con of Trump's entire campaign and free air time, but bait-and-switches like the hotel / birther announcement etc.

Maybe they'll wait a couple of hours before blasting a headline next timehahaahahahaaahahahahaha

dramatis

Can't wait!

Also, that guy who does those pro-Trump anime pictures has a new one. Hillary is a witch commanding evil stormtroopers, naturally. Oddly, neither Paul Ryan nor Obama appear, though the Bushes apparently do.

Edit: wait, is that depressed guy on the right supposed to be Obama?
I can only tell who 6 of the people in that picture is: Hillary, Trump, Bernie, Kaine, Pence, and of course Chris Christie.

Pretty sure the depressed guy isn't Obama, because the hair is wrong.

rjinaz

Well maybe now at the very least Trump and his ilk will stop going on about how the FBI is corrupt, the system is corrupt, the polls are corrupt, the media is corrupt. It will be nice to have a break from that bs.
LMAO

Bowdz

Good. Comey absolutely fucked this whole investigation up from the get go and this latest stunt is just beyond the pale. This is such a fucking nothing burger and yet the media is treating it like the fucking apocalypse.

Maybe Clinton can appoint an FBI director who actually gives a shit about encryption too.

Debirudog

I refuse to believe Comey was just some clueless dumbass that got played by the GOP's hands. Chaffetz is despicable but Comey knew exactly what he was doing.

sazzy

Gabriel DebenedettiVerified account
‏@gdebenedetti
"This situation has created an urgency and intensity from our volunteers and activists" on the ground, says Mook

Zukkoyaki

I'm seeing coverage shifting the intensity toward Comey and the FBI. CNN just showed Biden's interview and is currently talking about the AG telling Comey not to do it and Clinton demanding they release details.

Edit: for the record it's the TV at the gym... I never watch 24-hour news by choice outside of significant events.

Hillary better hope there's actually nothing in the emails!

Ha. Honestly though, that's why they should release as much information as possible. I'm not worried about there being something bad in it because if there is I would also want to know if she's actually shitty about something! That's important!

sazzy

I guess they talked to adam today!

Sam SteinVerified account
‏@samsteinhp
Mook arguing that Clinton supporters are defensively rallying behind her. says, anecdotally, that they’ve seen uptick in activity from them

I'm seeing coverage shifting the intensity toward Comey and the FBI. CNN just showed Biden's interview and is currently talking about the AG telling Comey not to do it and Clinton demanding they release details.

Edit: for the record it's the TV at the gym... I never watch 24-hour news by choice outside of significant events.

Same at the end.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

‏@samsteinhp
Mook arguing that Clinton supporters are defensively rallying behind her. says, anecdotally, that they’ve seen uptick in activity from them

Yes, that's what partisans do. They rally. But the issue isn't partisans. It's fartistans and artisans. Basically douches and hipsters.

‏@samsteinhp

I was thinking that a silverlining for this is that there definitely would be no complacency from her side.

Revolver

It's amusing how Comey has gone from goat to hero in the eyes of Trumpsters. Oh and of course AG Lynch was against it, she's in the Clinton's back pocket.

rjinaz

Gabriel DebenedettiVerified account
‏@gdebenedetti
"This situation has created an urgency and intensity from our volunteers and activists" on the ground, says Mook

For real though, at last one good thing did some from this, we won't have to hear about complacency again the next 10 days.

Crocodile

If "long on innuendo and short on fact" is what the Clinton campaign considers war, then I'm disappointed. That was a chest slap when the need to deliver a punch to the face.

If there was ever a time to go nuclear, this is it.

I mean what do you want them to say?

"The Queen demands a blood sacrifice and wants Comey's head on a spike by 5pm"?

Recommend everyone listen to This American Life this week. Really great episode on how the GOP changed this year, by really great I mean wholly depressing.

Huma probably debriefed her on what they are. Which is why she, Mook and Podesta are super aggressive on Comey.
if she's calling for super transparency, she must know what's in them! even if people are saying she said this because the election's so close, she's gonna be president after. it still matters.

Joeytj

Banned
Yes, that's what partisans do. They rally. But the issue isn't partisans. It's fartistans and artisans. Basically douches and hipsters.

But at this point in the campaign, you need the base to GOTV, and so far, there's no sign of Dem voters turning away. The opposite seems to be happening.

Trump and the Republicans so far are still being vastly outmaneuvered where it counts: In actual votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom