• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I'm getting nervous with the FBI bullshit and the new ABC/WaPo poll. Plus the replacement voter registration card I asked for a week ago (Maryland) hasn't shown up yet which is making it worse.

Please tell me Clinton is still pretty much the presumptive winner and I'm just being ridiculous.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Guys I'm getting nervous with the FBI bullshit and the new ABC/WaPo poll. Plus the replacement voter registration card I asked for a week ago (Maryland) hasn't shown up yet which is making it worse.

Please tell me Clinton is still pretty much the presumptive winner and I'm just being ridiculous.
Clinton is still pretty much the presumptive winner and you're being ridiculous.

Trump's path to victory would require something far more bombshelly than something we already knew, but brought back in a super vague form. It's still first past the post.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Maryland might go red if your vote doesn't come in, for real.

Zukkoyaki

ABC/WaPo tracking poll is significantly different than their true poll for what it's worth. Trackers in general are a good idea on paper but they come with their own issues.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like the bedwetters are underestimating how vague this report actually is. You would have to spin really hard to characterize it as a positive but it's still nothing concrete the way the Access Hollywood tape was.

Holmes

The thing with the ABC/WaPo tracker is that it had some good Clinton days at the beginning in their sample, and those were dropped off in exchange for some good Trump days. When those drop off, it'll likely swing back up to Clinton again.

royalan

The Good: Practically impossible that this costs Hillary the presidency. The one good thing about it is that it nukes the idea of Dem complacency.

The Bad: The functioning of our government is even more fucked than most thought. Fuck Comey.

The Ugly: This COULD potentially tip the scales in some close Senate/House races. Hillary needs to win the Senate, and shrink the GOP majority in the House, to have anything even approaching a functional term. Something like this 10 days out certainly doesn't help.

The Gaga: Captain Horserace McBothsides has come roaring back. Turn off cable news.

Dems are going to win the senate, the email story is not going to tip that into republican hands. Unless something bigger comes out of it.

I'm pretty calm. The only thing I'm bummed about is the House, which I just have no confidence in. If it can just get down to a 10-12 seat deficit...

How fucked is this country that a president can't choose a FBI director without worrying about whether or not he'll pull some stupid 11th hour suicide dip somewhere down the road?

Protein

Banned

The Senate is lost so...:
-no new liberal supreme justices
-nothing gets done for 4 years
-people abandon Democrats because an unfixed Obamacare crumbles
-Republican prez gets elected
-Supreme Court is stacked with conservatives
-Gerrymandering increased tenfold
-liberal laws won't be passed for half a century
-climate change climate changes the earth and we all die

Dems are going to win the senate, the email story is not going to tip that into republican hands. Unless something bigger comes out of it.

I'm pretty calm. The only thing I'm bummed about is the House, which I just have no confidence in. If it can just get down to a 10-12 seat deficit...

I fear the bounce back we will fear if the Dems make substantial gains in the house. The pickups would mostly be in more moderate districts which means the Freedom Caucus would have more power.

Say hello to Speaker Gohmert.

Bowdz

Are you still confident Clinton's team will be dropping more damning oppo?

I need a hit of hopium man. I gotta have it.

royalan

How fucked is this country that a president can't choose a FBI director without worrying about whether or not he'll pull some stupid 11th hour suicide dip somewhere down the road?

Well, Democrats are likely to take the Presidency and the Senate, which means tipping the Supreme Court left.

Hillary will worry a lot less about her appointees turning against her so long as she doesn't appoint Republicans. That's sadly partisan as fuck, but Republicans don't deserve any more olive branches.

Luckily, Hillary isn't naive like Obama.

Cerium

Well, Democrats are likely to take the Presidency and the Senate, which means tipping the Supreme Court left.

Hillary will worry a lot less about her appointees turning against her so long as she doesn't appoint Republicans. That's sadly partisan as fuck, but Republicans don't deserve any more olive branches.

One of the reasons I want Hillary as President is because she is ruthless and will give the Republicans the hell they deserve. I voted to give them a chance to play nice in 2008 and they spat on it.

Slayven

Democrats need to stop being nice. Only reaching across the aisle should be too slap the taste out of someone's mouth

I'm really hoping she isn't as naive in office as Obama was. To see Obama waste the majorities we had back in 08 and aim for bipartisanship over and over again when Republicans refused was depressing.

Appoint liberals, pls hildawg

Boke1879

Lol at Trump having a hissy fit and total meltdown over McMullin. Such a hack.

Lol what did he say?

I'm really hoping she isn't as naive in office as Obama was. To see Obama waste the majorities we had back in 08 and aim for bipartisanship over and over again when Republicans refused was depressing.

Appoint liberals, pls hildawg

She won't be naive. Just look at all of the shit republicans do to her now? You think she's naive enough to think they'll just be hunky dory in working with her?

Jackson50

PoliGAF so quick to impugn Comey. He weighed several options with serious consequences and he went with his best judgment. I agree with him that it would look very bad on the bureau if there was a leak (and according to NYT, he was certain there would be) and decided that he should send the letter to congress. After all, Clinton is not at risk of losing the election.
I think most of us appreciate the complexity of the situation. But Comey clearly managed the situation poorly. His letter to Congress was the inappropriate combination of brief and cryptic. It invited wild speculation from the media and Republicans; the scenario Comey ostensibly had wished to avoid. He was even compelled to release a second letter to his subordinates to explain it. Even they were disconcerted. If he felt obligated to apprise Congress of the new information, he should have used a different tact. A transparent statement that fully explains the nature of the evidence. Lawfareblog explains it best.
The FBI has come into possession of a large trove of additional emails that have to be reviewed. To say that something has to be reviewed does not mean it contains anything implicating anyone of anything. It means only that the material has to be reviewed.

As I stated in my original letter, the reason I sent the letter was to inform Congress of a development that required me to revise my statement to Congress about the investigation’s being complete.

Nobody should draw any conclusions about anyone’s conduct based on the fact that the FBI is reviewing these emails.

Nobody should draw the conclusion that anyone sent or received additional classified material or that any material undermines the FBI’s prior investigative conclusions based on the fact that the FBI is reviewing these emails.

The fact that the FBI is reviewing new emails means only that the FBI is reviewing new emails, nothing more.
FloridaGAF please vote =(

Please =(
Vote? You're going to vote more than once...right? If you only vote once, you're not doing enough. Vote at least 20 times and then once more for good measure. Help the USPS destroy ballots and voter registration cards. Do your part to get Hillary elected. You can be damn sure I've got my knives sharpened. Some sad deplorables will wake up to flat tires on November 8. ;)

Amir0x

Banned
I need a hit of hopium man. I gotta have it.

No, man, no. Friends dont let friends overdose on hopium. There are numbers you could call, ones that let you hear a Hillary robo recording before you donate. It wont get you fucked up like pure hopium, but it may take the edge off.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Do democrats still have a good chance of taking the Senate? That's my biggest worry after this FBI stuff.

Bowdz

No, man, no. Friends dont let friends overdose on hopium. There are numbers you could call, ones that let you hear a Hillary robo recording before you donate. It wont get you fucked up like pure hopium, but it may take the edge off.

Man, I don't have a problem man ... I just need to see some oppo, just a little oppo. I don't have a problem man, I can quit hopium any time I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom