• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

There was like legit panic and fear in here lol. I could feel the thread shaking.

Well you had video of it and she had to take time off.

Btw guys tomorrow should be more eventful. Sunday shows and all that. They'll still be talking about this. Don't freak out too much.

shem935

Banned
Well you had video of it and she had to take time off.

Btw guys tomorrow should be more eventful. Sunday shows and all that. They'll still be talking about this. Don't freak out too much.

Oh yeah I was shook too. This is nothing comparatively. Just kind of annoying

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
😳 Wow. 77 pages in before I even got to subscribe to this one *gives up on catching up*

Anybody want to give me highlights?

Let's be real though if the pneumonia video didn't lose the campaign this won't do anything

My only problem is, Trump has a way with words. He can sell this shit to the sheep that need a Shepard. This is an unusual race. The fact that he is still in it after not releasing his taxes and saying grab them by the pussy is nuts.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
lol!

I should clarify. I know about the comet stuff. Was there anything IN poligaf as a result that was megaton? Account suicides? defcon 1 diablosing? A sudden surge in Adorable Deplorables in the thread?

Boke1879

lol!

I should clarify. I know about the comet stuff. Was there anything IN poligaf as a result that was megaton? Account suicides? defcon 1 diablosing? A sudden surge in Adorable Deplorables in the thread?

Initially people wet freaking out but shockingly it's been pretty tame since last night

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
My only problem is, Trump has a way with words. He can sell this shit to the sheep that need a Shepard. This is an unusual race. The fact that he is still in it after not releasing his taxes and saying grab them by the pussy is nuts.

Those people aren't growing or shrinking.

RoKKeR

McMullin's twitter jab has over 6k RT's... probably the most widely shared bit of social media his campaign has ever gotten, and another shot of (free) publicity for their campaign.

Trump, you played yourself.

watershed

Banned

Yes it's nuts that Trump is still "in" this election at all but by the end of it, Trump will probably win fewer traditional republican votes than Romney and maybe even less than McCain. Through all the back and forth, remember Trump is losing or at least performing poorly with several traditionally republican demos like white women and mormons for example.

NeoXChaos

Yes it's nuts that Trump is still "in" this election at all but by the end of it, Trump will probably win fewer traditional republican votes than Romney and maybe even less than McCain. Through all the back and forth, remember Trump is losing or at least performing poorly with several traditionally republican demos like white women and mormons for example.

Dole lost by 8.5 with 40.7% of the vote. Hopefully Trump does worse.

Teggy

As a non-parent I posted on Facebook asking my friends with kids how they would like me to vote on the MA ballot question on charter school funding. First, the few people who responded said to vote against it. Then later another friend (who has a significant leadership role in the next town over) wrote a long post about how his kids go to a charter school asking people to vote for it.

And last night I saw a commercial from the governor asking people to vote for it so parents could have an alternative to failing schools. But that just made me think, "you're the governor, how about working on there not being failing schools?

So basically I don't know how to vote for that.

I'm going to vote for the pot, though. I'm not a user, but I want the state to get some of that sweet, sweet sin tax income. The opponents are running an ad that is pretty hilarious, though. A mom is with her small child and like the entire neighborhood has turned into pot stores. And then her older son comes out of one of the stores with his bag of weed.

I couldn't find a standalone of the ad, but it starts after 15 seconds of this video
https://youtu.be/SHt_EScjl_0

Fladam

At the Halloween Block Party in Dallas tonight there was a Hillary and Donald walking around holding hands and was the only costume that made me make cringe face.

watershed

Banned
As a non-parent I posted on Facebook asking my friends with kids how they would like me to vote on the MA ballot question on charter school funding. First, the few people who responded said to vote against it. Then later another friend (who has a significant leadership role in the next town over) wrote a long post about how his kids go to a charter school asking people to vote for it.

And last night I saw a commercial from the governor asking people to vote for it so parents could have an alternative to failing schools. But that just made me think, "you're the governor, how about working on there not being failing schools?

I'm going to vote for the pot, though. I'm not a user, but I want the state to get some of that sweet, sweet sin tax income. The opponents are running an ad that is pretty hilarious, though. A mom is with her small child and like the entire neighborhood has turned into pot stores. And then her older son comes out of one of the stores with his bag of weed.

Charter schools are complicated for a number of reasons. But one question to consider as a thought experiment is, if I had a chance to send my kid to a charter school that was known as a good school over a public school, would I?

Do I care about the overall mission of public schools or do I just want the best education for my kid and do I think a charter can provide that?

I am personally against charter schools and I probably wouldn't feel a need to send my kid to a charter school in order to feel like I am providing them a good education.

TyrantII

I don't see how it helps public schools or public school kids besides some middle and middle upper class students in some towns fleeing the local schools to semi-private schools on the public dime.

I know plenty of kids that got private schooling. But they were private schools their parents sent them to. I don't really like the idea of for profit schools funded by the government, especially since so far they've been shown to be all over the board in quality.

I also don't see how this helps struggling districts besides putting the nail in any public option.

I'm voting no. This isn't about fixing the problems more than giving away taxpayer dollars and letting some better off families to flee public schools instead of pushing to fix them. It's about further segregating bad schools and poorer kids into ghettos.

Cerium

That Alaska pollster was Murrowski's internal pollster in 2010 btw.

Blue Alaska would be like Red Hawaii. I wouldn't know how to begin to process that.

I recall that in 2004 Dick Cheney campaigned in Hawaii because Karl Rove thought the polls looked doable. It wasn't close in the end.

At the time it was a big deal because national politicians never visited Hawaii. Then Obama happened. Now they're sick of him shutting down their traffic every time he takes a vacation.

watershed

Banned
Probably not much, though: the new Sam Wang piece in the NYT gave me the impression Republicans have a floor of 39%. He has been averaging <41%, but the actual results being higher wouldn't surprise me.

Although I also expect Trump to get above 41% of the vote, I also think about how poor Trump's GOTV operation is and how he underperformed his polling in several primaries based on his voters not being reliable and his poor GOTV stuff.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's pretty much certain Trump will do better than the numbers indicate. It's the same line of thinking as Brexit or any protest vote. The question is if it will be enough for him to win.

It's pretty much certain Trump will do better than the numbers indicate. It's the same line of thinking as Brexit or any protest vote. The question is if it will be enough for him to win.
There is no evidence to suggest that is true. He didn't over perform his primary polling. He has no ground game. He has no GOTV.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So, the most we have on this "scandal" so far, without speculating, is that Huma sent some emails. Is that right?

she sent emails from a shared laptop, they may or may not still be on there, or even be emails that are relevant to anything about the state department

So, the most we have on this "scandal" so far, without speculating, is that Huma sent some emails. Is that right?

We actually don't even know if that much is true.

What we know is that The FBI has seized a laptop as part of its investigation of Weiner's communications with a 15 year old girl. There may or may not be emails on the laptop that may or may not have anything to do with Clinton.

Seriously that is as much as we know now and might be all we know before the election.

Pixieking

Banned

Clinton aide Huma Abedin has told people she doesn’t know how her emails wound up on her husband’s computer

Top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin has told people she is unsure how her emails could have ended up on a device she viewed as her husband’s computer, the seizure of which has reignited the Clinton email investigation, according to a person familiar with the investigation and civil litigation over the matter.

So, take from that what you will... But my immediate thought was that Wiener maybe had a quick-look through Huma's email account on his computer?

Sibylus

Banned
I can't believe Hillary's email management practices have gotten 1000000x the attention of Trump calling for the execution of innocent black and Latino kids and Trump refusing to rent to people of color.

This is just impossible to understand looking in from the outside.

I'm on the outside (Canada), and what I gather from a lot of places around the globe is that what is happening is understood quite clearly: a perilous intersection of populism, authoritarianism, and nativism that is hardened against personal scandal, mismanagement, or cursory policy. It's a pattern as old as fascism and older. Trump will not be the last of his kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom