• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breitbart North Carolina (October 25th to 26th):

Hillary: 49
Trump: 47

Ross: 48
Burr: 45

These polls are always amazing.

This is fucking Breitbart/Gravis and they gave Ross her best poll in weeks.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If he viewed it using an actual software client and not some web portal it would still be stored in the computer memory right?

Yeah, if was connected with a software (not webapp) via pop3.

Not sure how IMAP cache works.

sazzy

I don't use Facebook so can't confirm
08wFoX.png

pigeon

Banned
08wFoX.png

It's trending for me, but it's not a story about emails, it's a story about how terrible Comey is.

It's pretty much certain Trump will do better than the numbers indicate. It's the same line of thinking as Brexit or any protest vote. The question is if it will be enough for him to win.

This is not the correct understanding of Brexit, the correct understanding of politics in general, the correct understanding of these two particular campaigns, nor, in fact, the correct understanding of the actual papers that have been written studying whether there's going to be shy Trump voters.

Chumley

Banned
It's pretty much certain Trump will do better than the numbers indicate. It's the same line of thinking as Brexit or any protest vote. The question is if it will be enough for him to win.

Listen to the latest Trumpcast with Harry Enten, it disproves exactly what you're talking about.

FUCK ANTHONY WEINER
God, I remember him giving some real talk about republicans back in 2010 and thinking "This guy is who we need, him and Alan Grayson"

Funny how that worked out, I think this contributed strongly to my hesitance about guys like Bernie (who isn't as bad as either obv)

God, I remember him giving some real talk about republicans back in 2010 and thinking "This guy is who we need, him and Alan Grayson"

Funny how that worked out, I think this contributed strongly to my hesitance about guys like Bernie (who isn't as bad as either obv)

Weiner being such a pathetic creep and loser still hurts me to this day.

He had such promise

watershed

Banned

But you're not wrong about the appeal of tell it like it is partisans who will throw out red meat. Its a problem for democrats too sometimes. And compared to the more moderate (in tone) approach of Hillary, Bernie became even more appealing.

08wFoX.png
It was there for me earlier, don't know about now. It's listed as "James Comey" and not Clinton or Emails or w/e.

EDIT: It's now trending as "Anthony Weiner" for me. There's no longer a listing for Comey. I also don't see the story on Twitter anymore. When the story broke Friday it was barely on twitter then either.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It was there for me earlier, don't know about now. It's listed as "James Comey" and not Clinton or Emails or w/e.

In many ways he became the story, so that's not all that surprising, lol.

There is no evidence to suggest that is true. He didn't over perform his primary polling. He has no ground game.He has no GOTV.

This is what would greatly disappoint me if by some cruel twist of fate Trump ended up pulling off a win. Clinton and her campaign have an impeccable ground game and have worked incredibly hard to GOTV plus Hillary put in really meticulous debate prep and an ultimately amazing debate performance overall. It would so upsetting after all that hard work and initiative for someone who hasn't even put in 5% of the equivalent work to be rewarded with the Presidency.

I recently watched Megyn Kelly's interview with Michael Moore and he mentioned that nothing will improve for Trump supporters if he became president. They're basically falling for what has been the ultimate con job and their lives may even get worse under President Trump. He also said that they're going to realise can't undo their vote once his first disastrous decision is made. That being said I think it's the undecideds (that they exist at all is still baffling) that eventually vote for Trump that I feel should take the ultimate responsibility for the Trump Administration.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
The Farenholdt thing was a nothingburger in terms of media covering it. Trump lying about his wealth/fortune/charity is like whatever for media now.

sad

Smart move by Trump's campaign taking his phone away, it would be running big now if he'd blasted out at the failing WaPo and the dumb Farenthold.

I assume we will get polls tomorrow the factor in Hillary email news. How aggressively the campaign has responded to this shows that they are taking it seriously.

They need something to put the focus back on Trump.

studyguy

Oppo drops after Monday or not at all. We'll see what's what. I'd imagine they might have something on tap but Comey probably gonna get dragged first.

Honestly I'm pretty tired of scandals. The narratives are so baked in anymore time and the fucking thing will be a charred brick.

Some good things out of North Carolina.

Those green counties? Wake, Durham, Guilford and Mecklenburg. These are blue counties, and they are definitely where we need increased turnout. So this is good. Now, something else that is good: we're winning the party registration advantage. But there are a lot of unaffiliated voters, huh? Good or bad? Pretty damn good I think.

These are predominately young voters. We're probably getting the lions share of them, because I've seen little (if any) polling showing Trump doing well with the under 35.

studyguy

Didn't see that Jill did another AMA and got shit on super hard for a wishy washy answer to wifi radiation. Yikes. It's cringeworthy reading this back.

Oh god the nuclear power answer...

Oppo drops after Monday or not at all. We'll see what's what. I'd imagine they might have something on tap but Comey probably gonna get dragged first.

Honestly I'm pretty tired of scandals. The narratives are so baked in anymore time and the fucking thing will be a charred brick.

It's all about depressing turnout for either side note. Not switching people's minds.

Supast4r

I can't believe Hillary's email management practices have gotten 1000000x the attention of Trump calling for the execution of innocent black and Latino kids and Trump refusing to rent to people of color.

This is just impossible to understand looking in from the outside.
Two words: White-Male Privledge

Maengun1

I had some hyperventilation/bedwetting over this Comey e-mail garbage yesterday, but I'm almost happy it happened now?

I mean, the media gonna media (by which I mean be terrible). Most of the commentary I was seeing last week was along the lines of 'IS THERE REALLY GONNA BE NO MORE NEWS FOR THE *2 WEEKS* LEFT BEFORE THIS ELECTION? THIS IS SOOOO BORING WTF....". CNN et al were desperate for something ---anything--- to throw a fit over before election day. And then they got it.

Obviously we still don't know what the impacts of this really are, but the heat has shifted to Comey more or less. Idk, maybe I'm being optimistic, but I feel like they got this out of their system (they weren't gonna let election day come and go without getting a final chance to throw some mud into Hillary's face, no matter what) and now by Monday or Tuesday we can shift into a final countdown mode instead of just more bitching about how BORING things are. And I don't think a final jolt of anti-complacency to democrats hurts either.

thebloo

I assume we will get polls tomorrow the factor in Hillary email news. How aggressively the campaign has responded to this shows that they are taking it seriously.

They need something to put the focus back on Trump.

Any polls we get tomorrow will be shitty polls made over the weekend in a rush.

Unless they show Hillary up, then they're good polls made by exemplary professionals.

Farmboy

The Farenholdt thing was a nothingburger in terms of media covering it. Trump lying about his wealth/fortune/charity is like whatever for media now.

sad

Wouldn't use the term 'nothingburger' for a story that hasn't gotten coverage but should have. It actually means the opposite.

But I agree that it's an overlooked story. He's a huge cheapskate. See also: tax returns.

Another story that I would have expected to gain more traction are his authoritarian threats towards the media (and many others). The implications of those are horrible, but the media just shrug their collective shoulders.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This isn't true at all.

How is it certain. I actually expect Clinton to do better than polling in Ohio, Nevada, new Mexico, Colorado, Pennsylvania.

Cerium

I dont since I'd never read Breitbart

I followed it with great interest during the primaries when they were writing very mean things about Lyin Ted. You were missing out.

These days I read RedState for all the mean articles about Trump.

If anything it should be Hillary who outperforms her polls because she has a ground game and he doesn't. A ground game is worth 1-3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom