• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

So the FBI director needs senate approval to be appointed.

Comey afraid that he was going to lose his job when Hillary won, so he decides to play dirty in order to save his position?

IIRC, he serves at the pleasure of the President, but is directly under the purview of the Attorney General meaning the President can ask the AG to fire him if he wanted. His job is not dependent on GOP control of the Senate.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is Huma too toxic for the White House, with Weiner being investigated?

She'll just stay bodywoman. Like she needs a job. She has more money than god because she's a (((globalist))) and she does "consulting" (read: bullshit) when she needs money.

Politics is like the only field where you have 50 advisors that do nothing.

Just got back from canvassing for Ohio Together and Queen! First time ever volunteering for a political campaign. Feels good.

I can confirm that there are secret Hillary voters in Ohio, and I know this because I sure as hell couldn't find them XD. Apparently it's actually kind of a problem, a lot of people around here (right near University of Cincinnati) live in this tiny, rinky-dink apartment buildings that don't have buzzers or anything, so reaching them through in-person canvassing is tricky. FWIW, everyone I was able to talk to either is voting for or has already voted for Hillary, including a much older couple. People seemed significantly less on board with Strickland, though.

Zukkoyaki

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/
I'm constantly checking this site. Last night she was at 81.1% now it's 78.5%. This election is stressing me out. I can't wait til it's over.
It's also a bizarrely sensitive model that moves in ways that often don't make sense. Last week an Arkansas poll dropped Clinton 1%

The model has also switched to tightening mode which means good polls will have little effect for her. It will adjust good polls to where it thinks the race is instead of focusing on the numbers.

Sianos

You should string them along on other conspiracy theories and see if they'll bite. Tell them you've been reading secret EU emails explaining that HAARP was able to lead Hurricane Matthew along the east coast.
Once over dinner, they asked me if I knew about the Berenste/ain Bears as evidence for the Mandela Effect and SERN's involvement in shady timeline shenanigans. More in a noncommittal "just asking questions" way than actually committing to signalling their belief. So I gave them two competing "theories": one was an account of human memory functioning and how we are predisposed to have certain misunderstandings because of cultural narratives (Woodward and Bernstein being widely known names with high significance to Americans interfered with the memory of the Bears) and a preference for harmonic phonemes (Berenstein just straight up sounds better than Berenstain, and "stain" has negative connotations)... And the other was background exposition from Steins;Gate.

Turns out that sometimes anime DOES help you relate to people.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/
I'm constantly checking this site. Last night she was at 81.1% now it's 78.5%. This election is stressing me out. I can't wait til it's over.

dude this site is owned by ESPN. Look at their last subscription loss numbers the business is a freaking mess. Right now their entire business model is to get you pushing refresh and they're desperate. Nate Silver, right now, is not a good analyst and going to this site is doing nothing for you except adding anxiety.

Nate Silver 4-8 years ago when he wasn't with ESPN: The polls have shown, and continue to show, that Obama is clearly going to win.

Nate Silver now: 8 REASONS WHY TRUMP CAN WIN YESTERDAY

I actually was going to ask about it's reputation. I know very little about polling/models.

If you're only concern is Clinton POTUS, then you really don't need to worry, because that is all but locked in.

Just go out and vote, Clinton will be the next president at 11:00 PM

Just got back from canvassing for Ohio Together and Queen! First time ever volunteering for a political campaign. Feels good.

I can confirm that there are secret Hillary voters in Ohio, and I know this because I sure as hell couldn't find them XD. Apparently it's actually kind of a problem, a lot of people around here (right near University of Cincinnati) live in this tiny, rinky-dink apartment buildings that don't have buzzers or anything, so reaching them through in-person canvassing is tricky. FWIW, everyone I was able to talk to either is voting for or has already voted for Hillary, including a much older couple. People seemed significantly less on board with Strickland, though.

Clifton and Northside are so in the tank for the Queen. I drove up to Oxford Thursday though. It really is crazy to see like thirty Trump signs for every Hillary sign. Rural Ohio is insane.

She'll just stay bodywoman. Like she needs a job. She has more money than god because she's a (((globalist))) and she does "consulting" (read: bullshit) when she needs money.

Politics is like the only field where you have 50 advisors that do nothing.

Send her to Teneos or something, low stamina Hillary doesn't need the distraction

I actually was going to ask about it's reputation. I know very little about polling/models.

The model is very sound, but I feel like Nate Silver & co. are over-weighting conservative polls in an effort to make up for his total failure to account for Trump in the primaries. Dude got scarred.

It's an overly sensitive model that that is effected by the strangest things, that even the other polling guys are constantly confused on how the hell they weigh stuff to make it work the way it does. Upshot (God Nate's model) and PEC (Wang's silent giant) are the two most of us trust this season.

Clifton and Northside are so in the tank for the Queen. I drove up to Oxford Thursday though. It really is crazy to see like thirty Trump signs for every Hillary sign. Rural Ohio is insane.

Forreal. You don't even have to go rural, I was up in Blue Ash the other day and as soon as you get off the main roads at all it's nothing but Trump.

LMAO Manafort fooled Christie and Trump re VP selection:

CwBA3muW8AACesm.jpg

Wilsongt

All of these AIs, and people, and news papers that keeping saying they correctly predicted the winners of elections since 1200 BC or some damn nonsense make me want to roll my eyes so far in the back of my head...

LMAO Manafort fooled Christie and Trump re VP selection:

If Trump wasn't such a volatile, resentful numptie he should have courted Rubio. This is what a normal, sane GOP campaign would have done. But Trump wasn't running for office until a month ago, he was perpetuating his brand of "Winning!"

Do we get early voting numbers from NC on Sunday, or do we have to wait until tomorrow?

If Trump wasn't such a volatile, resentful numptie he should have courted Rubio. This is what a normal, sane GOP campaign would have done. But Trump wasn't running for office until a month ago, he was perpetuating his brand of "Winning!"

Do we get early voting numbers from NC on Sunday, or do we have to wait until tomorrow?

Pence was a fine VP pick, Trump didn't make the wrong decision in the end.

rjinaz

I heard Kellyanne call a Trump supporter deplorable this morning. I wonder if she'll demand an apology from herself?

Lol I saw that this morning too. I was a bit surprised. I think Conway knows though we've reached the end game. She doesn't have to worry so much about word choice.

Paches

Honestly, what are the cable ratings on a Sunday afternoon? Everyone is watching football or doing shit. I don't think what CNN is doing right now matters one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom