• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, what are the cable ratings on a Sunday afternoon? Everyone is watching football or doing shit. I don't think what CNN is doing right now matters one bit.

No one is watching it except political nerds like us :( But we have nothing better to do. FF XV isn't out for a month.

Edit: Hillary spending some time talking about Trump on LGBT rights...is the OPPO related to it and she's priming for it???

Pence was a fine VP pick, Trump didn't make the wrong decision in the end.

Who is Pence's constituency? Evangelicals? Trump had them locked up in the Primary, along with Indiana. Pence didn't bring anything to the ticket except a radio personality.

Rubio provides a chance at attracting a younger, more diverse voter, plus provides infrastructure to contest FL.

Pence was chosen because Trump already shat all over the rest of the Primary fields' voters and because he's a boot-licker by nature.

Who is Pence's constituency? Evangelicals? Trump had them locked up in the Primary, along with Indiana. Pence didn't bring anything to the ticket except a radio personality.

Rubio provides a chance at attracting a younger, more diverse voter, plus provides infrastructure to contest FL.

Pence was chosen because Trump already shat all over the rest of the Primary fields' voters and because he's a boot-licker by nature.

Vice Presidents don't have constituencies.

Rubio wasn't going to take the VP position anyway, he had already moved on to the Senate.

Chumley

Banned
diablos in the OT thread has me going
bKtDG3B.gif

I'm kind of morbidly excited to hear Trump's speech after he loses on November 8.

It's been argued that Lincoln was plausibly gay, has it not?

No?

Lincoln's notable personal thing was that he was disabled with his severe depression.

I've only recently started lurking this thread so I have to ask, are people actually freaking out right now or is it all just for fun? Did some polls drop while I wasn't looking showing the race is much tenser than previously thought?

Hillary still has it in the bag right?

Vice Presidents don't have constituencies.

Rubio wasn't going to take the VP position anyway, he had already moved on to the Senate.

If VPs are a formality, why not go for someone who brings something to the table? If nothing else, you choose someone who compliments your ticket, and who can be groomed to contest for POTUS in year-8.

My point being, even after Rubio was neutered, Trump kept pissing on his corpse, and alienating the Bush voters in FL he would need if he were truly running to win,rather than running to stroke his planet-sized ego.

I've only recently started lurking this thread so I have to ask, are people actually freaking out right now or is it all just for fun? Did some polls drop while I wasn't looking showing the race is much tenser than previously thought?

Hillary still has it in the bag right?

Hillary + Senate is solid.

But the House went further out of reach, methinks.

And that ABC tracker needs to fix its LV screen. It's going to have Trump +6 by end of next week lol.

CCS

Banned
This is a really good article, I would recommend: Thanks to Trump, We Can Better Understand How Hitler Was Possible

America isn't Nazi Germany and Trump isn't the Führer. But today it is easier to grasp how millions of people accepted the outrageous lies and dangerous delusions offered by the tyrant.

Ian Kershaw’s description of the recurring themes in Hitler’s speeches: “The contrast of Germany’s strength in a glorious past with its current weakness and national humiliation – a sick state in the hands of traitors and cowards who had betrayed the Fatherland to its powerful enemies and behind them, the Jews...a cheating and corrupt government and party system presiding over economic misery, social division, political conflict and ethical collapse.”

“He gained much of his oratorical success by telling his audiences what they wanted to hear. He used simple, straightforward language that ordinary people could understand, short sentences, powerful emotive slogans...There were no qualifications in what he said; everything was absolute, uncompromising, irrevocable, undeviating, unalterable, final. He seemed, as many who listened to his early speeches testified, to speak straight from the heart, and to express their deepest fears and desires. Increasingly, too, he exuded self-confidence, aggression, belief in the ultimate triumph of his party, even a sense of destiny.”

“Another thing that struck me was the man’s utter incapacity to deal with important details....His talk was a succession of vague generalities, couched in attractive if flowery language, but showing in every case either complete ignorance or at least complete contempt for detail.”

...initial successes of the Nazis and other totalitarian movements in the 1920’s and 1930’s stemmed from their reliance on hitherto politically uninvolved masses desperate for economic and social relief...Having been detached from political discourse and ignorant of recent history, Arendt writes, these masses were willing to accept bold lies and bald assertions as fact and to adopt the fantastical depictions of reality made by their leaders...

rjinaz

sorry, diablos991

ive seen a lot of his posts but these are possibly the worst of all time

I'm guessing he wants a ban. He knows Trump is losing this, he knows he's tied into that bet. He wants the out so he doesn't have to be around on the 8th.

Just got back from early voting with my parents. +3 for Hillary in Florida. It felt good. Real good. After she filled out her ballot, my mother was absolutely giddy. She kept repeating "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I can't believe I can finally vote for a female President!" It was cute.

BiggNife

I understand, but can we not do this? Talking about people behind their backs like this just feels wrong and blah to me and I never like it, no matter who it is. Just ignore him if anything, but don't do this.
Yeah, agreed. This is an open community, not a clubhouse. I don't like the idea of using this thread to talk behind others back like we have some sort of superiority.

Diablos

How would Carlos Danger have access to emails if Huma didn't know.

Was Hilldawg forwarding stuff to him? That's what the GOP will ask next...

Boke1879

How would Carlos Danger have access to emails if Huma didn't know.

Was Hilldawg forwarding stuff to him? That's what the GOP will ask next...

Wasn't it said the emails weren't suspected even from Hillary or her server?

Either way we won't know because what we're getting now are leaks instead of letting and investigation play out and they FBI probably won't get anything to search it until after the election.

Hopfrog

Ohhh, what bet?

I'm willing to be tortured by his posts if the bet is something interesting.

He made a bet with a mod (can't remember which) that if Trump wins he would be recommended for mod status, but if Hillary wins he can't post about politics for a year. I think those were the stipulations, but I may have missed a couple of details.

Diablos

Wasn't it said the emails weren't suspected even from Hillary or her server?

Either way we won't know because what we're getting now are leaks instead of letting and investigation play out and they FBI probably won't get anything to search it until after the election.
Like the Republicans will follow that logic? They'll just assume the worst in an accusatory tone as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom