• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

This is a fucking nightmare. Since last week I can't help but feel that a dark shadow has taken over this world and we are powerless to do anything about it. When will our liberal golden age ever come?

The bright spot is that it's very likely this alt-right wave collapses when it when tries to breach some european countries like France. The liberal golden age won't necessarily come back but the alt right will have to start dealing with big losses soon.

The bright spot is that it's very likely this alt-right wave collapses when it when tries to breach some european countries like France. The liberal golden age won't necessarily come back but the alt right will have to start dealing eith big losses soon.

I think you underestimate the racial tensions in France... They are 10x what they are in NA.

Zukkoyaki

The bright spot is that it's very likely this alt-right wave collapses when it when tries to breach some european countries like France. The liberal golden age won't necessarily come back but the alt right will have to start dealing eith big losses soon.
It'll come to a halt when far right policies inevitably start affecting average people who don't realize what they're supporting. People like to talk about Brexit like it hasn't done much when Brexit hasn't even happened yet.

Debirudog

I'm wondering now how likely it is that someone like David Duke could gain a lot of support if Donald kind of stumbles or doesn't go "anti-establishment" enough. I predict that if Trump ends up being criticized by his own supporters down the line, many will gravitate to a further extreme, enough so to not be ignored, something like a third party that would get maybe 5-10% of the popular vote nationwide.

anyone vote KKK is pure scum to me.

mo60

This is certainly a state to watch in 2020.

2022 McCain's seat will probably be vacant as well (unless he just absolutely refuses to retire). There's a senate seat we could potentially grab

Democrats need to find a way to win Maricopa County if they want to win Arizona in a presidential election.

mo60

I think you underestimate the racial tensions in France... They are 10x what they are in NA.

I expect Le Pen to do better then her father in the 2002 election but I expect her to still get crushed. Instead of losing by like 65% I expect her to lose by anywere between 10 and 40%.

It'll come to a halt when far right policies inevitably start affecting average people who don't realize what they're supporting. People like to talk about Brexit like it hasn't done much when Brexit hasn't even happened yet.

I'm not saying it will completely collapse but the alt right will probably start to recognize they are not invincible when they start to lose elections like the french presidential election next year by possibly a landslide like margin;.

Mr.Mike

Wait, so is Chris Christie gonna be AG? Really?

Although to be honest he might be the least evil one, so I guess this is as good as it's gonna get.

Democrats need to find a way to win Maricopa County if they want to win Arizona in a presidential election.

I mean, AZ will be closer than NC. It's going to be contested in 2020. So will GA and ME. The map sort of flattened. There are just going to be a lot of weird paths to 270 for both parties.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
If the exit polls are so badly done, why don't they change the procedure? It sucks having to wait for The Upshot to give a more accurate breakdown of how demographics voted.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Eh, Germany and France are next to go through the same thing the UK and the US are going through.

That being said, I would put fewer chances on France falling than Germany. There might be a lot of tensions in France, but people are fairly well educated and if there is a country that is used to this stuff it's France.

well if the short list is anything to go by, that leaves Christie? LOL

Ben Carson.

geomon

This is a fucking nightmare. Since last week I can't help but feel that a dark shadow has taken over this world and we are powerless to do anything about it. When will our liberal golden age ever come?

You're not powerless. Our backs are against the wall, yes but that's when you fight the hardest. You're only powerless if you do nothing.

kess

Had to deal with my best friend's ignoramus dad, and thanks to Trump, he'll protect us from pre-existing conditions coming back

Like Obama didn't even exist

Slizeezyc

You're not powerless. Our backs are against the wall, yes but that's when you fight the hardest. You're only powerless if you do nothing.

Yeah depression is a real thing so these are different elements perhaps at play. However, giving up is a choice if you're just feeling bummed about the state of affairs via politics. These things go through cycles, it's up to folks to decide how short they want this cycle to be.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Would Christie really be AG? I'd expect him to be press secretary or some such, unless that goes to Conway.

I mean, AZ will be closer than NC. It's going to be contested in 2020. So will GA and ME. The map sort of flattened. There are just going to be a lot of weird paths to 270 for both parties.
Even though it's promising that the numbers we are seeing in the south are moving.. not enough to be reliable or bank on in the future. Ultimately we need to hang on to the rust belt for dear life because we're still a ways away from trusting southern states to swing

Like the fact that Hillary and others campaigned in Arizona but not Wisconsin was a fucking political malpractice. I get going for it but sure up where you need to win.

Would Christie really be AG? I'd expect him to be press secretary or some such, unless that goes to Conway.
I don't think he will because of bridgegate. But I'd hope he could because once upon a time he was defending his appointment of a Muslim judge in Jersey when other republicans killed him for it. He has sanity in there but he went off the rails out of desperation to save some sort of political future.

He'd be 1000 times better of an AG than any other name we've heard mentioned.

Even though it's promising that the numbers we are seeing in the south are moving.. not enough to be reliable or bank on in the future. Ultimately we need to hang on to the rust belt for dear life because we're still a ways away from trusting southern states to swing

Like the fact that Hillary and others campaigned in Arizona but not Wisconsin was a fucking political malpractice. I get going for it but sure up where you need to win.
But how could they have known the inner racist got activated in rust belt? The last MULaw poll which is gold standard in Wisconsin polling had Clinton +6. I am sure their internal polling said the same thing. This election was a fluke.

mo60

Eh, Germany and France are next to go through the same thing the UK and the US are going through.

That being said, I would put fewer chances on France falling than Germany. There might be a lot of tensions in France, but people are fairly well educated and if there is a country that is used to this stuff it's France.

Ben Carson.

The thing that will save france from len pen next year is that le pen needs like 50.1% in the second round to become president and people on the left and right when faced with a presidential candidate in the second round that is far right in France tend to settle their differences with the help of other french political leaders and unite by one candidate to crush the far right like what happened with le pen's father in 2002 and other local races the FN took part in recently. Also, I always thought le pen had a worse chance of becoming the next french president then trump had of winning the US presidential election because of the way the french presidential system works.

Zukkoyaki

But how could they have known the inner racist got activated in rust belt? The last MULaw poll which is gold standard in Wisconsin polling had Clinton +6. I am sure their internal polling said the same thing. This election was a fluke.
I can't help but have similar feelings. The GOP can't count on these voters to show up in the future especially if/when Trump's presidency is a dud. They also can't count on many of the midwestern voters to consistently vote R either considering they voted for Obama twice.

The thing that will save france from len pen next year is that le pen needs like 50.1% in the second round to become president and people on the left and right when faced with a presidential candidate in the second round that is far right in France tend to settle their differences with the help of other french political leaders and unite by one candidate to crush the far right like what happened with le pen's father in 2002 and other local races the FN took part in recently. Also, I always thought le pen had a worse chance of becoming the next french president then trump had of winning the US presidential election because of the way the french presidential system works.

The issue is that Sarkozy may become the president.

It wasn't a fluke. The rust belt flipped because of trade.

Like, why else would Hillary break with Obama on TPP? She clearly did for a reason. It even caused a little bit of tension between them at times. She wouldn't have done it if she didn't believe it was something incredibly important and necessary to win the election. She ran on Obamas third term but rejected his latest policy position.

Problem was she couldn't walk back her previous comments on it and no one believed her. No republican before trump was willing to offer an economic promise beyond tax cuts and Trump's trade and anti establishment angle made the difference.

Also Hillary's lack of campaigning really hurt. Even if you can win rural areas, visit them to limit the damage. Or atleast go to states that are +6 a few times before spending so much time in NY and California which were like +20

Odrion

Banned
how's this flier I made:

YNPuqvJ.jpg

is having "fight" there going to be a problem in a "inciting violence" sort of way?

That "Eliminate Common Core" is one of Trump's six policy proposals and no one in the Trumpsphere can articulate what Common Core is is just so impressive.

"Hate Muslims."

"Eliminate Common Core I guess? But I don't know what Common Core is...."

It might be wrong of me but I'm slightly happy the keystone pipeline will happen now.

There's a reason Trudeau supported it. Traveling crude oil by rail is terrible. It's expensive and there are spills/crashes all the time. The pipeline will be a lot safer and we won't have environmental oil spills all the time.

I get why Obama was against it, but it isn't as terrible as it sounds because arguments against it generally ignore the fact how terrible the way we ship crude oil from Canada to Houston generally is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom