• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a study on the effectiveness of phonebanking?

I did get a text message from the Sanders campaign today asking if I wanted to volunteer going door to door in New York this weekend (I really don't). I'm compelled to think it's more a name recognition play, and is probably less effective than television ads but more effective than yard signs.

NeoXChaos

PoliGAF final primary stretch

NY
Cerium
b-dubs

DE
Vice President Diamond Joe

PA
Diablos
Mandeman
QuittleWhittle

IN
Macho Madness
Skiptastic

CA
pigeon
Ivysaur12
OrangeBlueGray

NJ
Y2Kev

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My roommate is watching that embarrassing John Heilemann show and they just said something like if clinton loses in WI it blows up the narrative

These two are the biggest fucking clowns in the business.

ivysaur12

Banned
They want some douche named Mike Beitiks to be our Senator.

http://www.theawl.com/2015/05/the-were-all-going-to-die-candidate

why

literallygoingtodie2.jpg

Bowdz

My roommate is watching that embarrassing John Heilemann show and they just said something like if clinton loses in WI it blows up the narrative

These two are the biggest fucking clowns in the business.

Yeah, I love both Game Change books, but I've grown to hate WADT because they never answer for being completely wrong on their predictions. They live in the world where momentum is everything.

On the Dem side, momentum has been far less important than demographics. I can't think of a single race in which momentum has mastered. If it did, this would have been over after the Queen Sweep. I think Bernie running against the establishment makes Hillary's momentum useless. His may have an ounce of weight, but not enough to make huge differences in the overall dynamic of the race.

Wilsongt

Oh my God Trump is an idiot. Fox was having a town hall thing with him and peopel were asking questions... and the guy did not answer a single fucking question at all. He just... said a bunch of word salad.

Tamanon

Banned
The #OccupyCNN thing is weird, since CNN is one of the only places still propping up that Bernie has a chance. They love their dead heats.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Unless the document dump is not OCR'ed specific connections should come out pretty quickly.

Tamanon

Banned
Is there any indication that they will be relevant to the election? Haven't they been out long enough for journalists to search for relevant names?

Shouldn't have much to do with the US election. Considering they have big names overseas, I see no reason they wouldn't have noticed big US Pols yet.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Shouldn't have much to do with the US election. Considering they have big names overseas, I see no reason they wouldn't have noticed big US Pols yet.

Yeah, it does help play into the Sanders corruption message. But without anyone from the US Government being implicated, it's impact is lessened.

You'd think links to prominent US politicians or presidential candidates would be the first things up but this is also being done in waves or something.

NeoXChaos

I live here, Hillary by a lot. In addition to NYC, Long Island and the closer suburbs (Rockland, Westchester) is TERRIBLE turf for Sanders; we always get compared to Massachusetts but we're not as liberal as you think (more like center-left). He'll do well in the rural areas but he'll also lose Albany, Rochester, and Buffalo. 25-30 point victory for HRC

hmm. what say you b-dubs?

Bowdz

You'd think links to prominent US politicians or presidential candidates would be the first things up but this is also being done in waves or something.

I understand that doing things in waves Garner's more attention and buzz for the publication, but it is so annoying. If you have the information, just release it.

Suikoguy

I understand that doing things in waves Garner's more attention and buzz for the publication, but it is so annoying. If you have the information, just release it.

Maybe they are on some obscure DSL connection and that's as fast as they can upload, lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
hmm. what say you b-dubs?

I'm a little nitpicky with the generalizations, but I generally agree. Even my brother, who is younger than me and has more college aged friends than I do, seems to think Hillary will win the state easy.

I think he'll do well in the gentricized parts of Brooklyn, the sections of Manhattan that house NYU and Columbia, and the parts of the state with colleges that have big dorms (some of the SUNY schools and Adelphi/Hofstra). While NYC has a lot of colleges, which would point to Bernie doing well, they're mostly commuter schools. Queens College, which is probably among the largest of the CUNY schools, only has a single dorm building.

I think it'll be closer to 20, maybe just over 15 if Bernie can do a good job and Hillary screws up a bit.

Tamanon

Banned
The only person I would think would possibly be on that list that's in politics is Trump. But the list isn't really about corruption, but more about tax evasion.

PoliGAF final primary stretch

NY
Cerium
b-dubs

DE
Diamond Joe

PA
Diablos
Mandeman
QuittleWhittle

IN
Macho Madness

CA
pigeon
Ivysaur12
OrangeBlueGray

NJ
Y2Kev
I'm in Indiana. Probably going to vote for the GOP ticket because there are Senate races and other down ticket votes that could be interesting. The D side seems pretty set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom