• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure she can find a place for him in her cabinet.

(neck to the plates and dishes amirite)

Does that mean trump got 6?

Unfortunately , Bernie brings nothing to the table but a bunch of impotent rage that won't even make it to the mid term elections.

Touchdown

Banned
Rewatching the now infamous town hall of Chris and Donald today on MSNBC reminded me of that day when Chris Matthews snatched Reince Pubic's wig in 2012. Another classic

c486b7ea33.gif

My prediction for the RNC convention:

Trump wins enough delegates to win the nomination. However, Lyin' Ted sends out an email telling delegates to stay home. Trump delegates end up staying home to watch reruns of The Apprentice. Cruz is poised to win the nomination but ends up strangling himself with his own nose. Mitt Romney ends up winning the nomination by offering binders full of women to all the unpledged delegates.

Days later, Jim Gilmore's remains are found in an alley outside of a KFC in Virginia. It turns out that he's been dead for 10 months, and never actually had a campaign for more than a week.

Holy fucking god. Fuck the Walking Dead.

Hearing Trump and Cruz's campaigns team up to try to ruin the only guy that has a shot of winning the GE makes me feel better.
I forgot Kasich is governor of the state that's holding the convention. Home state advantage?
That's the political Cinderella story, yeah, but I don't know if it's ever actually worked out that way. They usually just plan the conference for a swing state they need.

Makai

My prediction for the RNC.

Donald Trump gives unbound delegates sacks of money with the $ sign painted on the front.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
My prediction for the RNC.

Donald Trump gives unbound delegates sacks of money with the $ sign painted on the front.

Is it legal to do bribes of any sort?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Holy shit, the RNC Convention will be legendary is the worst way possible.

NeoXChaos

Yes. RNC rules are extralegal. There was an interview with somebody on the rules committee that said this was allowed.

airplane.jpg

On my way to Cleveland as an RNC unbound delegate for Trump. Pay me $1 million, buy Metal Gear Solid from Konami, & make Half-Life 3 happen and I'm yours. I'll vote 100 ballots if that is what is takes for you to win.

NeoXChaos

Yea they're gonna set off an atom bomb there, ain't gonna be a Cleveland after they're done.

I wanna be a delegate sooooooo bad. b-dubs you in Trump land. Give me some connections to that money. I'll vote for him for over 9000 ballots if he needs it to be the nominee. Tell him all I want in exchange is MGS 6, $1 million dollars, Soul Calibur 6, Final fantasy XVI etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wanna be a delegate sooooooo bad. b-dubs you in Trump land. Give me some connections to that money. I'll vote for him for over 9000 ballots if he needs it to be the nominee. Tell him all I want MGS 6, $1 million dollars, Soul Calibur 6, Final fantasy XVI etc.

Dude, if I had that connection I'd be hooking myself up!

Touchdown

Banned
Trump's people planning "Days of Rage" at convention. Holy shit I can't wait.

omg. I can picture it now. Too bad they don't let the public onto the convention floors.

a3678ce0dd.gif

Day 1: Rage
Day 2: More Rage
Day 3: RAGE
Day 4: RAGE!!!;lkjalfk

Why do I get the feeling this is going to end in with people getting terribly injured...or worse?

Do independent contractors pay payroll tax?

Yes, Self-employment tax. Covers employee and employer portions of Medicare/SS taxes. Form Schedule SE. ~15% Charged off the top of the first 120k from the result of Schedule C (though you can use 50% as a deduction for income tax).

House of Cards, yes. Game of Thrones, absolutely not. Ugh. Show is awful.

GoT is gonna be a good roadmap for how the RNC goes, IMO.

Makai

Yes, Self-employment tax. Covers employee and employer portions of Medicare/SS taxes. Form Schedule SE. ~15% Charged off the top from the result of Schedule C (though you can use 50% as a deduction for income tax).
Ok. So the employer just needs to fill out a 1099, right?

Suikoguy

Actually, that is brilliant. Arrest a bunch of Trump and cruz delegates, get the most pledged delegates in the first vote.

Ok, we officially have a new worst case scenario for the GOP Dumpster Fire ™

Yes, Self-employment tax. Covers employee and employer portions of Medicare/SS taxes. Form Schedule SE. ~15% Charged off the top of the first 120k from the result of Schedule C (though you can use 50% as a deduction for income tax).

Yep, the self-employed pay double FICA taxes. And if NYC we also have to pay an extra 4% surcharge if we make too much money. By the end of last year I was being taxed literally 55% on every new dollar I earned...

And Mitt Romney pays 12% taxes.

Diablos

If we have a PoliGAF meetup would we should totally order Trump wine and steaks for shits and giggles

NO TWD SPOILERS PLEASE. I am too tired to watch tonight.

----

Isn't there a conflict of interest with Kasich being the sitting Governor and all

Like what if shit gets really crazy, and Kasich takes actions that end up benefiting his candidacy. Lawl

Makai

I actually like Bernie's small business plan - offer low interest loans. Capital is definitely the biggest hurdle for starting out. Much better than Hillary's plan, which is the usual centrist stuff.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/small-business/

Cutting red tape. It shouldn’t take longer to start a small business in the United States than it does in Canada, France, or South Korea. Hillary will launch a nationwide effort to cut red tape for small businesses at every level of government. And she will build a regulatory roadmap to help small businesses navigate the regulatory landscape and reduce compliance costs associated with federal, state, and local regulation.

Providing tax relief. America’s smallest businesses—those with one to five employees—spend 150 hours and $1,100 per employee to comply with federal taxes. That’s more than 20 times higher than the average for larger firms. Hillary will simplify tax filing and provide targeted tax relief for small businesses—not big corporations that can afford lawyers and lobbyists.

I actually like Bernie's small business plan - offer low interest loans. Capital is definitely the biggest hurdle for starting out. Much better than Hillary's plan, which is the usual centrist stuff.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/small-business/

Hillary also plans on increasing small business loans.

I actually owe the ACA for me going ahead with what I'm doing. If it weren't for the ACA, I wouldn't be able to take this (slight) risk. I'm still looking for an employee position, but I'm going to be working for myself doing QA work. I actually have work and everything. If I get the job with Apple, I can still do this on the side. The one time I take a risk and it kind of paid off. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about losing my health insurance. If I did, I wouldn't have been able to try.

Holy shit so Kasich is secretly planning a coup d'etat for the nomination? "jeez oh man this is just great thank you for the generous nomination its an honor."

User 406

Banned
What the shit. Yesterday, it was in the mid 50's or so, clear weather, not bad. I have a nice long Warhawk session, and start catching up on PoliGAF in the evening. During this, a big fuckball of lake effect god damn SNOW hits Cleveland, and knocks out our power for seven hours. Today, it's all melted away and sunny again. In APRIL. This fuckin' town.

The RNC is basically the biggest reason I'm glad to not be spending any time in Cleveland this summer

My wife wants us to leave town for the weekend, I'd personally rather stay here to make sure our house isn't broken into by roving mobs of Trump supporters.

Yes. RNC rules are extralegal. There was an interview with somebody on the rules committee that said this was allowed.

Oh god.. This is gonna be amazing

It's going to be like 10 cent beer night in Cleveland all over again.
This is gonna make that look like a tea party in comparison..

My wife wants us to leave town for the weekend, I'd personally rather stay here to make sure our house isn't broken into by roving mobs of Trump supporters.
Considering you all live by the Q.. Yeah.. That might be a good call.

Bowdz

Holy shit so Kasich is secretly planning a coup d'etat for the nomination? "jeez oh man this is just great thank you for the generous nomination its an honor."

Hey man, you know heh, that is, that is a really good impression let me tell you boy wow. I mean, this is just nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom