• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Ari Melber ‏@AriMelber 6m6 minutes ago
After initial opposition, 16 GOP senators now back meetings with Judge Garland - our report:

CeuH30GWsAAb7j7.jpg

kess

Bernie supporters are far worse to me than Clinton's supporters in '08. Mainly because the amount of negativity coming from them is shocking. It's ugly & personal. Allegations of corruption over Arizona are absurd.

Nothing was like Clinton/Obama in 2008.

7630eab0ad31012d63f600163e41dd5b

The good thing is, that Clinton is not taking New York for granted. She knows how important the state is..

To avoid that embarrassing outcome, Clinton has tapped longtime donor Jay Jacobs, chairman of the Nassau County Democrats, to oversee 27 coordinators across the state, one stationed in each congressional district. Another former aide, Resi Cooper, Clinton’s former statewide political director during her Senate campaign, is running the New York state operation. And elected officials like New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito and Public Advocate Letitia James, who have been campaigning for Clinton, are expected to help her move Latino and African-American women voters in New York City, respectively.

Kyosaiga

Banned
This is where I am.

Bernie may not be pushing his supporters off the cliff, but he's damn sure leading them to it. That Hillary Clinton is herself corrupt has been the implication behind his rhetoric this entire time, and it's only gotten worse as he's started getting his ass whooped. It's to the point that a lot of his supporters don't just not support Hillary because they believe Bernie's more qualified, but because they believe that Hillary is fundamentally a bad person. I don't recall Hillary ever going this far in '08 against Obama, and it makes me question if Bernie will even be able to bring his supporters into the fold when she wins if he doesn't start walking this shit back now. And a lot of pundits seem to be wondering the same thing.
It'd be nice if Hillary said outright "I want you to explicitly say what you've been implying this while campaign and you aren't walking off this stage today until you answer it."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

White working class people believe that Obama intentionally sabotaged their economic prospects to help black people and we probably should have seen Trump coming:

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/29/11322950/trump-race-economy

Humans being so stupid as to view the world as zero-sum is one of the biggest problems for humanity.

NO! I refuse to believe Trump is popular because of racism! It's just unpossible!

Biggest no shit Sherlock of the campaign.

SCOTUS split 4-4 in Friedrichs v. CTA, the public-sector union agency fee case.

I imagine that one is going to make it's way back up at some point.

Fox318

I really don't get the LGBT support for Hillary.

Then again most of these candidates probably have tried to throw them under the bridge then run to them for fundraising cash.

I'm certain that a big chunk of the crazed hillaryis44 people from back in the day are now Bernie supporters. It's pretty eye opening how they went from loving her to hating her almost as much as they hated Obama. Another big chunk went to Trump, I'm sure. I say "big chunk" in a relative sense, since this is all edge case noise that won't have any significant effect on anything, just like it didn't in '08.

The website still exists and is explicitly pro-Trump. Of course that doesn't account for all the people who have drifted away from there over the years.

Aiming for 40% in New York is basically an admission that they know they don't have a path to victory in the overall primary.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I really don't get the LGBT support for Hillary.

Then again most of these candidates probably have tried to throw them under the bridge then run to them for fundraising cash.

Everyone has thrown them under the bus at one point or another; Bernie, Hillary, Obama, Biden, everyone's done it.

greatgeek

Banned
Going to be a lot of cases that end up being revisited for lack of precedent.
I'm kind of hoping most of the other major cases (Puerto Rico bankruptcy, Whole Women's Health, Little Sisters of the Poor, DAPA) end like this. Maybe the Senate majority will get off its ass to prevent another year of this bs.

ampere

The silence on the issue from the DNC and Hillary - speaks loud and clear

Should a politician have to deny every baseless accusation that is thrown their way?

Hillary's campaign has been going on and on about the importance of keeping the Supreme Court away from Donald Trump, and the Supreme Court is the precise reason for the problems in Arizona's recent primary.

Fox318

Everyone has thrown them under the bus at one point or another; Bernie, Hillary, Obama, Biden, everyone's done it.

I guess but people lined up left and right to anoint her. Human Rights campaign practically endorsed her the second she filed.

I probably will wind up voting for her in the November election but outside of Women's rights issues she has never been consistent with any policy.

Its why I voted for Obama over her.

royalan

I guess but people lined up left and right to anoint her. Human Rights campaign practically endorsed her the second she filed.

I probably will wind up voting for her in the November election but outside of Women's rights issues she has never been consistent with any policy.

Obama was really no better than Hillary on gay rights.

Hell, being against gay marriage was something he was saying WHILE campaigning.

Armaros

Now you moved your argument around.

First it was 'why do LGBT groups support her"

Then its "Oh they were just anointing her"

Now "its Obama was more consistent"

You know Obama also flipped on many issues from his primary into presidency? He was considered more moderate then her?

It's not the sole reason but it's a principal one.

Economic growth in developing economies has driven poverty reduction. Approximately 2/3 is attributed to growth while a third is increased equality.
http://www.economist.com/news/leade...out-extreme-poverty-20-years-world-should-aim

The main drivers of that growth have been freer markets and freer trade.

Does anyone really think China would have grown as it has without establishing PNTR with the US or entry to the WTO?

Krugman claims to have done a quick estimate of real income gains at 5% and responsibility for global growth of rising trade at 10% using a model in the post I partially quoted. Edit: the model's paper that he linked to is gone

Model is referenced here: https://www.nber.org/papers/w11764

And as far as China, they've obviously grown in a manner that would give Western policymakers and economists a heart attack. Gradually opening markets up and doing what you want to do at your own pace doesn't have the same ring to it as the dishonest story we parade around as Krugman put it. And they've built up massive imbalances and face significant challenges going forward forward so who knows what comes after the growth miracle few expected in the West. https://www.jstor.org/stable/2667590?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Man, hearing those words from Devine's mouth when he said they weren't even competing must have been a deathblow to Bernie supporters' morale who were pbing, canvassing and organizing for Bernie in those states. Such a nasty way to throw them under the bus. I think this sort of mentality runs from the foot soldiers to all the way to the top. A poster here was bummed out at the way Bernie organizers threw him around like a ragdoll. He was only useful as a means of voter outreach. As soon as you lose, you dont count for anything.

Man, hearing those words from Devine's mouth when he said they weren't even competing must have been a deathblow to Bernie supporters' morale who were pbing, canvassing and organizing for Bernie in those states. Such a nasty way to throw them under the bus. I think this sort of mentality runs from the foot soldiers to all the way to the top. A poster here was bummed out at the way Bernie organizers threw him around like a ragdoll. He was only useful as a means of voter outreach. As soon as you lose, you dont count for anything.

That was A Human Becoming and I thought they worked on the New Hampshire campaign

It's indicative of Bernie's entire campaign so far.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Conservatives don't realize no Scalia is already helping!

But will hurt us on other things!

Fox318

Now you moved your argument around.

First it was 'why do LGBT groups support her"

Then its "Oh they were just anointing her"

Now "its Obama was more consistent"

You know Obama also flipped on many issues from his primary into presidency? He was considered more moderate then her?
But he didn't flip on the Iraq war for example.

She has always flipped on issues.

Is she still talking about how MMA needs to be illegal or GTA is killing society?

What about with regards to weed legalization? Are we just assuming she is lying about her views and in 3 years she will be for it?
Scalia would have made that 5-4 against, so here's one of the reasons out of many that makes me glad Scalia can't rule anymore.

Conservatives rushed a ton of stuff to the supreme court with that 3 judge thing Roberts set up and with his death its backfiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom