• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

T'Zariah

Banned
I don't have a problem with Bernie staying in the race until the end
I don't have a problem with Bernie attacking Hillary to try and win
I DO have a problem with him doing nothing for down ballot Dems

This is a "revolution" only concerned with getting one person elected, Bernie Sanders.

Bernie is a selfish asshole, only looking out for himself.

If he REALLY cared about all the bullshit he preaches, he would've said "Yes" in response to Rachel's question AND would've helped Down Ticket Dems without even being asked.

He literally acts like its an inconvenience.

This is a "revolution" only concerned with getting one person elected, Bernie Sanders.
And then a midterm backlash as his supporters turn on him calling him "A bought and paid for politician!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh.
GX8Pfiz.jpg

Facebook... with some comments:

The other political candidates are part of the establishment!!!!!1

GnawtyDog

Banned
Bernie supporters will vote down-ballot D in November if Bernie is the nominee. The same can not be said with certainty about Hillary's share of those voters if she were to win the nomination. Then again, her majority share of supporters will be overwhelmingly different demographics, even if natural inclination is for youth vote to vote Democrat. In short, I don't see it as much a problem for either candidate - in November.

Bernie supporters will vote down-ballot D in November if Bernie is the nominee. The same can not be said about Hillary's share of those voters if she were to win the nomination. Then again, her majority share of supporters will be overwhelmingly different demographics, even if natural inclination is for youth vote to vote Democrat. In short, I don't see it as much a problem for either candidate - in November.
What? Where....how...? I don't get your argument.

Well, according to what we saw in Wisconsin; no, they won't.
It's actually worse than that! Many of them couldn't even be bothered to learn what other races were on the ballot, on top of apparently not caring about the races themselves.

This is the sort of thing that could cost a senate seat (in Wisconsin, specially).

GnawtyDog

Banned
Well, according to what we saw in Wisconsin; no, they won't.

Wisconsin is not the general and frankly, we all know it's bullshit to generalize from it. Bernie's youth vote is much better organized than Obama's youth coalition. When the time comes, if he were to be the nominee, the gears and objectives of the campaign change. The objective currently is to mount an impressive upset coming from behind - not elect down ballot dems.

Wisconsin is not the general and frankly, we all know it's bullshit to generalize from it. Bernie's youth vote is much better organized than Obama's youth coalition. When the time comes, if he were to be the nominee, the gears and objectives of the campaign change.

What?!

Numbers are down.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wisconsin is not the general and frankly, we all know it's bullshit to generalize from it. Bernie's youth vote is much better organized than Obama's youth coalition. When the time comes, if he were to be the nominee, the gears and objectives of the campaign change. The objective currently is to mount an impressive upset coming from behind - not elect down ballot dems.

No, they aren't. Bernie isn't even bringing out the youth vote to the degree Obama did, where do you even get this from?

Organized =/= greater numbers. Not to mention, if you're going to point to numbers (which are indeed down) - at least present the full picture of which demographics are down and to what extent each is.

What's the point in being better organized if it doesn't result in more votes?

Better organized to do what, exactly? Harass superdelegates?

Organized =/= greater numbers. Not to mention, if you're going to point to numbers (which are indeed down) - at least present the full picture of which demographics are down and to what extent each is.

Better organized = greater numbers. Like, that's the entire point of organizing.

Sorry, I'm calling bullshit on that

I don't understand this argument.

Bernie's Primary supporters are his most fervent supporters. We all agree on this, I hope.

If his most fervent supporters could only care to vote at an 80% rate in downballlot races in what was likely the most important non-Presidential race this Primary election season in a state where the governor is disliked, how can you argue they are more organized???

royalan

Bernie supporters will vote down-ballot D in November if Bernie is the nominee. The same can not be said with certainty about Hillary's share of those voters if she were to win the nomination. Then again, her majority share of supporters will be overwhelmingly different demographics, even if natural inclination is for youth vote to vote Democrat. In short, I don't see it as much a problem for either candidate - in November.

If this is true why aren't they coming out in the numbers they did for Obama? Why aren't they driving up support across the board? Why is the minority youth vote split with Hillary in a lot of states?

Bernie's Primary supporters are his most fervent supporters. We all agree on this, I hope.

If his most fervent supporters could only care to vote at an 80% rate in downballlot races in what was likely the most important non-Presidential race this election season in a state where the governor is disliked, how can you argue they are more organized???
We could facebank it to get more info.

ivysaur12

Banned
So, Nate Cohn has a much tighter race than expected with Trump and Cruz in MT. MT is winner take all and Cruz was supposed to dominate. If Trump wins...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If his most fervent supporters could only care to vote at an 80% rate in downballlot races in what was likely the most important non-Presidential race this election season in a state where the governor is disliked, how can you argue they are more organized???

Which is my point exactly. It's an insane claim with no proof behind it. hell, all the proof points to it not being true.

GYODX

The thing that scares me the most about some Bernie people is how there can be no bad news in Bernieland. He can do no wrong, because the act of him doing it makes it glorious and perfect. Amen. It's scary. (Again, this doesn't apply to all Bernie supporters everywhere in the herstory of the world.)
Zero self-awareness.

studyguy

I don't see how youth vote not coming in to help on a state level isn't an accurate measurement for midterms in the future for the supposed movement or dems as a whole. I mean hell, midterms usually have even less fanfare than the fuckery going on right now.

GnawtyDog

Banned
And what proof do you have that they are better organized? They couldn't even be bothered to check an extra box on the ballot they had in their hands.

Just my opinion obviously. The youth vote and youth volunteering keeps the campaign afloat and is much more to the heart of Bernie's campaign than Obama's. It's mightly impressive how much a weaker candidate like Bernie has been able to accomplish in so little time. I am not blind to that.

The outcome of organization in political terms is quantifiable soley through numbers. Thoughts and feelings mean shit all if there aren't votes.

Eh, not worried about California. There's like 7 republicans left in the whole state.
I know you are exaggerating, but there is more than 7 Republicans in my entire family let alone the whole state. And we live in the Bay Area which is considered to be the most liberal part of California. I know one is voting Trump and one can't stand him. Have no idea about the rest, afraid to ask.

Just my opinion obviously. The youth vote and youth volunteering keeps the campaign afloat and is much more to the heart of Bernie's campaign than Obama's. It's mightly impressive how much a weaker candidate like Bernie has been able to accomplish in so little time. I am not blind to that.

So what you're arguing is that Obama's 2008 platform reached not only the youth but also swaths of people across all demographics so his youth vote, while more prominent than Bernie's, didn't matter as much.

Um...okay?

Iolo

I've seen this argument made before when it comes to raising money for down-ballot Democrats -- that Sanders can't afford to do so right now, because he's fighting against the powerful Hillary money machine, and needs all his resources to mount a comeback.

Guess what? This is going to be true in the general as well. There will be billions and billions of dollars spent against Sanders, and without SuperPACs to help him, he's going to have to spend every penny on himself. He won't be raising a finger to help elect down-ballot dems because he won't have the luxury.

Saying Bernies campaign is more organized in any way more than Obamas is laughable. The youth turnout has been more important for his numbers but that only speaks to the weakness of his campaign with everyone else

The revolution is all about Bernie because, quite frankly, Bernie is all about Bernie. He won't lift a finger to help any other candidate. I'll actually give him credit for endorsing Kloppenburg but at the end of the day he's still paying lip service to the downballot. What really gets me is the people who actually treat this as a sign of integrity! As though helping your allies get elected is some form of corruption.

GYODX

Y'all know this thread is basically worse than r/s4p in terms of "frequency of shitting on the other candidate and his supporters" at this point? Which is strange since it's nominally unaffiliated. Ah well. Reality has a pro-Hillary bias and such.

What you got against my dr pepper thread

it's a bunch of horseshit. Dr. Pepper is the nectar of the Gods.

Y'all know this thread is basically worse than r/s4p in terms of "frequency of shitting on the other candidate and his supporters" at this point? Which is strange since it's nominally unaffiliated. Ah well. Reality has a pro-Hillary bias and such.

Thanks, we'll try to be more like CNN in the future.

Slayven

Saying Bernies campaign is more organized in any way more than Obamas is laughable. The youth turnout has been more important for his numbers but that only speaks to the weakness of his campaign with everyone else

They both will be studied, but for different reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom