• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I cleared this, I sprinted right up to the knight shooting the arrow and parried him off the cliff. Felt like such a boss.

i just locked onto him so he couldnt shoot me off, then he drew his sword and leapt at me but because his leap was at an angle he landed too narrowly and slipped off to his doom.
Not my finest moment but i'll take it!

Holmes

i just locked onto him so he couldnt shoot me off, then he drew his sword and leapt at me but because his leap was at an angle he landed too narrowly and slipped off to his doom.
Dark Souls games are full of cheap accomplishments like this.

Ophelion

Just like in politics, a win is a win is a win, my friend. In Dark Souls, honor is for dead people.

T'Zariah

Banned
Holy fuck, John Podhertz on MSNBC

The Interview Sanders did with Daily News was a disaster if you assume if the Sanders voter cares about issues. They're not voting on issues. Running on feeling screwed, pitchforking the banks,and we read this as Oh my God, this guy can't be President he's babbling about nothing.

Shiiiiiiiiiit

hSiwtc4.jpg

Mook

GnawtyDog

Banned
But what's the rationale for believing Bernie is more organized than Obama on the youth vote?

Other than your feels.

My feels. On the flipside, there is no rationale that says Obama had the youth more organized as central pillar of his organization, both to get votes and fuel his campaign than Bernie. More youth turning out to vote for Obama when electors cast their vote is simply more youth participation - if you deprive it of any context it means just that.

I am pretty sure some Bernie campaign data and Obama campaign data could be compared as to the number of youth volunteers in the primaries, their effectiveness in campaigning based on certain parameters (like improved polling and ultimately results), improving campaign messaging, phonebanking, campaign fund-raising etc etc - many metrics. Sadly we will never have access to data in such detail with such specificity as to make a proper and detailed comparison. From what I see, aka feel, Bernie is doing much better relatively to his potential and the context of his candidacy (thus better off) - harnessing youth to greater effect. Disagreeing is fine.

The campaign that didn't even poll last year, that had an ethically questionable data team, that harangued Southern voters immediately assuming their issue of priority was welfare, and email blasted wrong or expired voting and rego dates, has a better operation than a twice elected by broad coalition President.

There was no parallel parking in the Los Angeles test when I took it. Which is a god damn joke because you have to parallel park all the time.

And people here can barely park in a parking lot, let alone the street. Fucking worst. WORST. But I could go on for days and days about driving.

Especially anyone who owns a Prius. WORST FUCKING DRIVERS of all time. I hate every one of you to my core.

My mother drives a Prius...but she doesn't live in California.

There was no parallel parking in the Los Angeles test when I took it. Which is a god damn joke because you have to parallel park all the time.

Well, there usually is a 'parallel park' test, but it's not the parallel parking people think of (between two cars), it's just a basic parallel along a curb.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He also cheated on his wife, accused Cuomo of doing the same despite have 0 proof and the fact Cuomo wasn't married, and was a horrible racist and sent out insanely racist emails he called jokes.

Trump literally hired the one guy in the state worse than he is.

studyguy

Parallel parking in LA is basically threading a needle with a car depending on where you go in the city. It's annoying as fuck. Also wasn't on my test. For mine I literally drove around a block in no traffic. Crazy.

Time to make the math work again.
moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

So I just had my first encounter with what has been termed a "berniebro." Motherfucker was asking people with clipboard and loudly asking if they were registered to vote and if they were "joining the revolution" INSIDE THE QUIET FLOOR OF MY SCHOOL LIBRARY. I put headphones in the hope he would leave me be and then had the audacity to remove one of my earbuds. He was shocked that I was pissed.

QUOTE=ivysaur12;200349932]welp[/QUOTE]

GG Bernie

My feels. On the flipside, there is no rationale that says Obama had the youth vote more organized as central pillar of his organization, both to get votes and fuel his campaign than Bernie. More youth turning out to vote for Obama when electors cast their vote is simply more youth participation - if you deprive it of any context it means just that.

Nobody I've seen has argued this. That is a straw man. Obama never needed to make the youth vote his central pillar.

Arguing for such a comparison is ludicrous.

I am pretty sure some Bernie campaign data and Obama campaign data could be compared as to the number of youth volunteers in the primaries, their effectiveness in campaigning based on certain parameters (like improved polling and ultimately results), improving campaign messaging, phonebanking, campaign fund-raising etc etc - many metrics. Sadly we will never have access to data in such detail with such specificity as to make a proper and detailed comparison. From what I see, aka feel, Bernie is doing much better relatively to his potential and the context of his candidacy (thus better off) - harnessing youth to greater effect. Disagreeing is fine.

If anything, Bernie is doing way way way worse than he should be given the context. But numbers don't matter, only feels and so I guess I can't prove you wrong any more than I can prove to someone who believes Jesus died for our sins because they feel it.

I seem to remember Obama winning in 08, not being down 200 delegates. Not to mention having higher turnout numbers in nearly every comparable state.

Haha, this Trump rally in NY is, once again, and not surprisingly, the same, old shit. He is just as robotic as Rubio but at the categorical level, where he tells random stories, changes gears completely to fluff up the audience, suck General McArthur's cock, etc.

Crazy stuff.

naw, both are just an indication that i dabble in the occult

you need to forget that spell that you performed this morning because it can lead to some fucked up things.

If I remember the election right he handcuffed a reporter and threw him in a backroom for, I want to say a few hours or a few days, for asking a question he didn't like. He also had a stick he liked threaten reporters with. It was a crazy time...
Amazing..

Nobody I've seen has argued this. That is a straw man. Obama never needed to make the youth vote his central pillar.

Arguing for such a comparison is ludicrous.

If anything, Bernie is doing way way way worse than he should be given the context. But numbers don't matter, only feels and so I guess I can't prove you wrong any more than I can prove to someone who believes Jesus died for our sins because they feel it.

He is doing way better than everyone ever expected. He is running an historic campaign considering the context of his status, the popularity of Obama and Clinton political power that has only become expontentially bigger than it was during 2008. Saying otherwise is revisionism.

Iolo

Interesting! I didn't expect Hillary to get 2 of the 3 outstanding.

So, Bernie made his original 538 target of 48, but not his updated one of 50. (Not that it matters much, those targets are fudged anyway.) He could make it up in WY, then lose bigly in NY.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Interesting! I didn't expect Hillary to get 2 of the 3 outstanding.

So, Bernie made his original 538 target of 48, but not his updated one of 50. (Not that it matters much, those targets are fudged anyway.) He could make it up in WY, then lose bigly in NY.

Those targets are still better than dividing it by the number of delegates left proportionally. It tries to predict where he has the best chance of making it.

GYODX

That's a solid two-for for Sanders- not admitting he was wrong while simultaneously contradicting his statement just the other day that he isn't comfortable going negative with Clinton.
Nah I'd be pretty comfortable criticizing someone who voted for a war that killed a lot of innocent people. And no, I don't buy the justification that you can't really blame Democrats for voting Aye 'cause Bush and Cheney duped everyone into thinking Saddam had weapons of mass destruction; I would still expect you to have the common fucking sense to know that invading a country without UN backing is a terrible idea. And you lose any remaining benefit of the doubt when you furthermore vote against an amendment that would have military action in Iraq pursuant to a UN resolution! "Fuck international law" doesn't get any clearer than that.

It doesn't suddenly become a minor deal just because it happened more than a decade ago. The rise of ISIS and the clusterfuck that is the Syrian Civil War are directly attributable to that morally abhorrent decision to go to war without UN backing. And then there's the fact that by all indications--especially the diplomatic cables that were leaked from her time as Secretary of State--she would still steer our foreign policy with the same mindset that led her to believe we were in any way entitled to invade Iraq, intervene in Libya, and act in an all-around imperialistic manner.

Changing your mind about Iraq after it became politically expedient doesn't mean you're not still an imperialist. Or if you are uncomfortable with the label, let's just say her geopolitical stances are extraordinarily consistent with current US imperialistic/hegemonic interests. None of this is in the realm of conspiracy theory, by the way. Diplomatic cables from her time as Secretary of State are available to anyone that wants to bother doing research. You might say that is something that transcends personal politics but the best counter-example to that argument is the fact that US relations with Israel have been lukewarm at best, with Obama actually publicly criticizing Netanyahu and Israeli leadership. Hillary's enthusiastic support for Israel, on the other hand, is probably meant as a nod to Israeli leadership that she will be better for US-Israeli relations than they perceive Obama to be.

It's relevant and no amount of handwaving will change that fact.

hawk2025

He is doing way better than everyone ever expected. He is running an historic campaign considering the context of his status, the popularity of Obama and Clinton political power that has only become expontentially bigger than it was during 2008. Saying otherwise is revisionism.

Bro, come on.

A black, recently elected Senator from Chicago beat Hillary Clinton and then had a two-term presidency. C'mon. C'mooooon.

I won't downplay Sanders' incredible rise in this election cycle. It has been very impressive, but it ain't even close.

Lets not forget that his name was Barack Hussein Obama

It's such a fact-of-life these days that we almost forgot that this actually matters, huh?

Iolo

Those targets are still better than dividing it by the number of delegates left proportionally. It tries to predict where he has the best chance of making it.

They're still somewhat arbitrary and I'm saying 2 delegates either way don't make a difference. He needs to be over performing those targets as there is zero safety margin.

The thing about Sanders is that the people who follow him believe he is the great transcendent figure but those of us following the metrics outside of that can see that he is not. The turnout numbers are down, his coalition is not broad, and just comparing his charisma and personality to people like Obama and Reagan and JFK you see he's too one-dimensional to be like them.

He's just not that kind of figure.

So, what's the margin expected for Hillary to win in Maryland? 20? 25?
I'm going to guess

NY - +10
PA - +20
MD - +25
DE - +5
CT - +8
RI - +2

Btw if Hillary wins all of them she'll have won 8 of the 18 states to vote Dem every election since 92 to Bernie's 7 (CA, NJ, OR will have yet to vote). Sorry New Hampshire, you could have been in this exclusive club too, thanks for President Bush.

Bro, come on.

A black, recently elected Senator from Chicago beat Hillary Clinton and then had a two-term presidency. C'mon. C'mooooon.

I won't downplay Sanders' incredible rise in this election cycle. It has been very impressive, but it ain't even close.

What Bernie is doing is also historic for different reasons. Not in any way or magnitude comparable to what Obama pulled, I agree, but dismissing Sanders campaign as "he is actually doing way way worse that he should be" is laughable.

hawk2025

What Bernie is doing is also historic for different reasons. Not in any way or magnitude comparable to what Obama pulled, I agree, but dismissing Sanders campaign as "he is actually doing way way worse that he should be" is laughable.

I only mean within the context of the original discussion, which was related to comparisons to the Obama campaign, to be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom