• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, Dark Souls is what the KF games became?

I've been out of mainstream gaming a long time but playing more lately, and I loved the KF games. Gonna have to try these.
Yeah the Souls series is an evolution of King's Field games from Playstation. Some of the enemies are also "rehashed". However the change from the fps view is quite welcome.

Bernie has to be dilusional at this point. He has no path to victory so he chooses to cut ads for trump and cruz

Obama and schumer better let him know he wants anything out of the convention to shut the hell up

GYODX

Lol at the insinuations that her Iraq War aye vote and consequent nay vote on the Levin Amendment aren't a big deal 'cause they were 14 years ago. Surely all the Iraqis who saw their country go to shit because of a decision that she played a literal direct role in must have gotten over it 'cause after all, it was 14 years ago.

She's a warhawk. "How I Would Reaffirm Unbreakable Bond With Israel — and Benjamin Netanyahu", by Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Enjoy 4 years of cozy relations with Israel. Bibi's ecstatic about Hillary succeeding Obama.

Lol at the insinuations that her Iraq War aye vote and consequent nay vote on the Levin Amendment aren't a big deal 'cause they were 14 years ago. Surely all the Iraqis who saw their country go to shit because of a decision that she played a literal direct role in must have gotten over it 'cause after all, it was 14 years ago.

She's a warhawk. "How I Would Reaffirm Unbreakable Bond With Israel — and Benjamin Netanyahu", by Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Enjoy 4 years of cozy relations with Israel. Bibi's ecstatic about Hillary succeeding Obama.

Does that disqualify her from being president?

T'Zariah

Banned
Bernie has to be dilusional at this point. He has no path to victory so he chooses to cut ads for trump and cruz

Obama and schumer better let him know he wants anything out of the convention to shut the hell up

They have to make sure he doesn't run as an Independent, which fucking blows. Once Hillary wins...they can crucify him to hell and back and I'll watch with glee.

She is a warhawk, but lots of good people voted for Iraq. That Bush completely misled the country about the strength of the evidence against Saddam is not inconsiderable. I don't take anything away from those who were against it, but projecting myself back in time, I probably would have been for it given the same publicly-available evidence, especially given the cozy dealings the U.S. had with the Iraqis in the 1980s.

Not every party will be competitive in every district. can't make a Western Kansas or Brooklyn district competitive. But I can make them compact and VRA compliant. And when making maps, it's easier than you'd expect to create districts that roughly satisfy the partisan breakdown of every state.

DailyKos is TRASH! but DailyKos Elections did a really fantastic deep dive into this.

For state and local districts I found it much easier because you have much more leeway since they only have to be substantially equivalent in population, but for congressional districts the equivalent population requirements makes it challenging to stay compliant with everything. You inevitably run into scenarios where all your choices will favor one party or the other no matter what you do.

Of course, this is after you get it most of the way there. Obviously in the context of your twitter argument I presume this guy was contesting that you could even make them better period, as opposed to perfect/optimal.

Yea I don't like her on Israel.

However, Obama breaking the bond with Bibi did nothing for the situation of Palestinians on ground. Bill Clinton was able to achieve the 1993 peace accords between Yitzhak Rabin and Yasser Arafat without breaking the bond with Rabin. The peace accords allowed PA to become legitimized and the concept of self-governance to fruition. Even though Bibi is no Rabin, I would be in favor of Hillary at least making an attempt at the peace process by talking to both parties.

You don't have to spend much time there. If you take the back entrance from Valley of the Drakes, you can pretty much get to the bottom in a few minutes, and after you light the bonfire down there, book it across the swamp to Queelag.

The only reason to derp around up top is if you really want the Shadow Set, Iaito, or Eagle Shield.

Of course, if you really have to go in through the front entrance in The Depths, then I'm so so sorry.

There's another way in?! Fuuuuuuu....

Been playing blind aside from a friend telling me to get a ring from the starting zone.

Owzers

Bernie does a couple interviews where people question his answers

Bernie now says Hillary is not qualified to be president.

Feelin' the Burn. Of the Democratic party that he just joined in order to run for president.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Uhhhhhh what the FUCK are the dems doing?

You have a clear chance to show the country what a tire fire the other party is... Do that?

Don't make it seem like both sides are the same.

Liberals have an issue with purity vs. pragmatism.

GYODX

Does that disqualify her from being president?

I would rather a President whose foreign policy wouldn't be wholly based on the imperialistic notion that the US is exceptional and has a god-given right to unilaterally intervene in Middle Eastern countries, international legality be damned.

People say a Hillary Clinton presidency would be a third Obama term. That is absolutely untrue in terms of foreign policy.

GYODX

Yea I don't like her on Israel.

However, Obama breaking the bond with Bibi did nothing for the situation of Palestinians on ground. Bill Clinton was able to achieve the 1993 peace accords between Yitzhak Rabin and Yasser Arafat without breaking the bond with Rabin. The peace accords allowed PA to become legitimized and the concept of self-governance to fruition. Even though Bibi is no Rabin, I would be in favor of Hillary at least making an attempt at the peace process by talking to both parties.

The Iranian Nuclear probably would not have happened under a President that isn't as openly critical of Israeli leadership as Obama.

ivysaur12

Banned
For state and local districts I found it much easier because you have much more leeway since they only have to be substantially equivalent in population, but for congressional districts the equivalent population requirements makes it challenging to stay fair. You inevitably run into scenarios where all your choices will favor one party or the other no matter what you do.

You can make an 8/8 Ohio map that looks pretty nice!

Ohio_State_View.png

Ohio_Summary.png

Holmes

Bernie does a couple interviews where people question his answers

Bernie now says Hillary is not qualified to be president.

Feelin' the Burn. Of the Democratic party that he just joined in order to run for president.
He got some flak and now he's redirecting his anger towards Clinton and the Democrats.

Boom.

Can't believe Sanders went with Clinton is bought by the gun lobby. Fuck off Sanders
Stupid, stupid, stupid attack. All it's going to do is undermine his position that she's bought and sold by her various other donors such as oil & gas. If she's bought by the gun lobby then why is she further left on gun control than he is?

ampere

Just get Dark Souls PC to start with, with all the DLC included. It's probably From's best interlinked world design, with King's Field 4 as a runner up.

I'll probably do that then. Is the PC version actually decent now, I remember there being a lot of drama that Durante had to fix it to be not horrible

GYODX

She is a warhawk, but lots of good people voted for Iraq. That Bush completely misled the country about the strength of the evidence against Saddam is not inconsiderable. I don't take anything away from those who were against it, but projecting myself back in time, I probably would have been for it given the same publicly-available evidence, especially given the cozy dealings the U.S. had with the Iraqis in the 1980s.

I addressed this a couple of pages back.

Being duped by Bush and Cheney doesn't suddenly disable you of the common sense to know that invading a country without UN-backing is a terrible fucking idea. You lose all benefit of the doubt when you literally vote against an amendment that would have ensured any military action in Iraq was pursuant to a UN resolution--even if you truly believed that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just remembered something about Paladino, the guy Trump hired to run his campaign in NY. In addition to cheating on his wife, kidnapping a reporter, being a racist, and threatening people with a stick, he's also reported to have mob ties!

You can thank a call from my mom reminding me about it, she called him that mobster that ran for governor. I can't believe I forgot about that.

He got some flak and now he's redirecting his anger towards Clinton and the Democrats.

It's not their fault the press remembered they have jobs to do.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Didnt Hillary support the Iran deal? And is Sanders really anti Israel or are people projecting that onto a progressive platform? These seem like important questions.

Allard

I would rather a President whose foreign policy wouldn't be wholly based on the imperialistic notion that the US is exceptional and has a god-given right to unilaterally intervene in Middle Eastern countries, international legality be damned.

People say a Hillary Clinton presidency would be a third Obama term. That is absolutely untrue in terms of foreign policy.

... She was Obama's Secretary of State for half his tenure. Is this some kind of joke? She literally was the face of Obama's foreign policy.

Didnt Hillary support the Iran deal?

Clinton has literally been for diplomacy with Iran to prevent their acquisition of nuclear weapons since before the 2008 campaign kicked into high gear, it's the entire reason why "without preconditions" is a phrase I can remember being an issue

Stupid, stupid, stupid attack. All it's going to do is undermine his position that she's bought and sold by her various other donors such as oil & gas. If she's bought by the gun lobby then why is she further left on gun control than he is?

Rovian strategy. Projecting your weaknesses onto your opponent in the hopes that low-information voters will equate the two.

Can't believe Sanders fell for the old trick used in the media and reality tv shows to cause drama. X said such and such about you, how do you respond?

Wish he would fire those scumbags Devine and Weaver already.

hawk2025

Can't believe Sanders fell for the old trick used in the media and reality tv shows to cause drama. X said such and such about you, how do you respond?

Wish he would fire those scumbags Devine and Weaver already.

And the funny thing is that it came from Morning Joe trying to fish exactly that quote from Clinton and she not going for it.

I guess it worked, in its own way.

ivysaur12

Banned
So wait. Obama takes SuperPAC money and also is for trade deals. He never voted on the Iraq War one way or another.

Is he disqualified from being president?

Brian Fallon ‏@brianefallon 35m35 minutes ago
Hillary Clinton did not say Bernie Sanders was 'not qualified.' But he has now - absurdly - said it about her. This is a new low.

GYODX

... She was Obama's Secretary of State for half his tenure. Is this some kind of joke? She literally was the face of Obama's foreign policy.

How is that a rebuttal? She was representing the views of the administration she served under, not her own.

Didnt Hillary support the Iran deal? And is Sanders really anti Israel or are people projecting that onto a progressive platform? These seem like important questions.

He is not anti-Israel, and being anti-Israel isn't the issue here; it's the fact that Hillary Clinton has made an active effort to present herself as the President that will mend US-Israeli relations on a national and personal level, as evidenced by the fact that she appended "and Benjamin Netanyahu" in that letter I linked to. It is clear that she has tried to contrast herself with Obama in that regard, and that effort is mirrored in her approval ratings among Israelis vis-a-vis Obama's.

How is that a rebuttal? She was representing the views of the administration she served under, not her own.

So when she gets elected by Democrats and the party she's going to rip off her mask and reveal she was Dick Cheney all along? How is that any way to get re-elected?

I think people need to understand that even Presidents (not named Trump) are still beholden to the platform of the party and the party is not full of warhawks.

Holmes

Hillary was "representing the views of the administration she served under" when talking about Keystone or TPP but when she left the administration and came out against them, she was a flip flopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom