• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

I don't think supers are essentially a bad thing. But they show a dissonance with the current state of the democratic voters (members) and the elites. Bernie and his support is not based in a personality cult, but in ideas that a big part of the base agrees.

You would presume such division would be present too with the elites.

Bernie has more delegates than he should have based on the total votes cast. Do you think this is also un-democratic and doesn't represent the will of the voters?

Bernie has more delegates than he should have based on the total votes cast. Do you think this is also un-democratic and doesn't represent the will of the voters?

specifically, he has about 1-2% more delegates than his popular-vote share (even including estimates from caucuses) would indicate, and we've now reached the point in the process where that difference is actually kinda meaningful

I don't think supers are essentially a bad thing. But they show a dissonance with the current state of the democratic voters (members) and the elites. Bernie and his support is not based in a personality cult, but in ideas that a big part of the base agrees.

I don't know that this is true, tbh. For a lot of Sanders supporters it's very clearly about the man, not the message. That's where this whole "vote for Bernie, you can't trust Hillary" and "Bernie Sanders has always been right" stuff is coming from. They like who he is at least as much as what he says.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
odd since CO, KS and NE was a closed caucus and Bernie killed Hillary 58-40, 68-32 and 42-57 respectively

Could be the events of the last week and Bernie having gone negative. If so I'd expect a shift in the NY numbers when we get them next week.

It was looking like Hillary was non-viable in Laramie county until the surrogate ballots were recorded and likely flipped the county entirely. If so that's funny.

royalan

No you wouldn't, or two reasons.

1) Hillary represents a lot of these same beliefs. Seriously, this idea that Bernie Sanders decides what is and isn't a progressive idea, and represents them, needs to die.

2) It should be of no surprise that the guy who has been an unapologetic independent for most of his life, and has admitted to only running as a Democrat to make use of our platform, is getting less support than the woman was who been working her ass off for the party for the last 40 years.

Kangi

This week's buzzwords are "surrogate ballots".

surrogate ballots, n - "dirty, dirty voter fraud by Hilliary herself"

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It's a shame caucuses are so useless we can't determine if this is a trend moving forward.

NeoXChaos

Cfn8xP9WQAI922p.jpg

Maledict

I've been burnt too often through early results to believe stuff on twitter. I'm still expecting at least a 30 point win for Bernie - anything less than that is a win for Hillary I think.

I've been burnt too often through early results to believe stuff on twitter. I'm still expecting at least a 30 point win for Bernie - anything less than that is a win for Hillary I think.

fwiw those are final results from 10 counties, Sanders needs to win the remainder by increasingly absurd margins to even get to 61-39 (let alone the 68-32 that his target delegate spread would need)

Iolo

Heck after the last few caucuses I was expecting a 50-60 point win in Wyoming.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I know it doesn't matter but this makes me chuckle.

It barely matters. It means he needs that many more delegates in increasingly unrealistic wins ahead. Could also mean the 'unqualified' comment hurt more than people suspected. But since it's a fucking caucus, it could just mean a traffic jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom