• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the muslim policing thread, looks like clinton supporters are more islamphobic. Sanders supporters are the most moral supporters of them all!

mostly kidding but doesn't surprise me based on demographics. Also anyone surprised that pumping a proprietary blend of organic solvents and surfactants into the ground at a pressure that causes earthquakes may poison water/people really needs to learn how compatible human life is with ingesting solvents/surfactants (hint we developed a whole enzyme just to clear the most common one and yet we still drink it)

Also sanders spoke out against the crime bill, so its not like it was pure hindsight that the bill failed (not saying hes a prophet but more pointing to the fact that people forsaw what it would cause). Its one thing to believe in something that everyone else believed would work and then it fails versus something forseeable

pigeon

Banned
That's...actually kind of impressive in a bizarre way. And it makes me think he might actually believe the stuff he posts.

Daniel does not compromise.

He is the Captain America of retiring early and living in the wilderness making homemade bread and browsing the internet on a PS3.

He is awesome in a way that I will never be and personally would not want to be but that's okay because we are all different.

Daniel B·;199563628 said:
And I had sincerely been meaning to compliment you on the quality of your recent posts ;).

Sure (on CH4), but as I understand it, they can't, or are not willing to (due to added expense), guarantee zero leakage from fracking wells, and the integrity of said wells is only around 80%, and where you have leakage, you can contaminate groundwater and / or release methane (natural gas).

Sure, I think it's reasonable to argue that we need to study fracking carefully and make strong regulations to make sure it's done safely. In fairness, though, that is Hillary's official position!

In more on the ongoing series "pigeon is wrong about stuff," it turns out that the USGS does consider fracking wastewater disposal to be causing manmade earthquakes. So that's my bad. I still don't really understand HOW that's happening but clearly it is. And we should probably make some regulations that say, like, please don't cause earthquakes.

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/28/11319702/earthquake-hazard-map

Slayven

CevR_rQWsAAo3HE.jpg:large
Sounds like a sad thing

He just came from a Sanders rally.
Oh you
I see the memes are changing opinions
Tone it up Bern

http://i.imgur.com/SnEJUWr.webm
To dank for me
Clinton's having an event at the Apollo on Wednesday, speaking of New York. Hopefully she does campaign outside of the city, though. She has three whole weeks to hang out in the Northeast.
Shit like this is why Hillary is winning, she goes to the people instead of holding rallies
Cevg9wxW4AEP-p1.jpg

Makes you think.

Did he just pay for that one shirt or did he buy a bunch, cause pound for pound it is more expensive to jsut have one t-shirt made

Looking at the muslim policing thread, looks like clinton supporters are more islamphobic. Sanders supporters are the most moral supporters of them all!

mostly kidding but doesn't surprise me based on demographics. Also anyone surprised that pumping a proprietary blend of organic solvents and surfactants into the ground at a pressure that causes earthquakes may poison water/people really needs to learn how compatible human life is with ingesting solvents/surfactants (hint we developed a whole enzyme just to clear the most common one and yet we still drink it)

Also sanders spoke out against the crime bill, so its not like it was pure hindsight that the bill failed (not saying hes a prophet but more pointing to the fact that people forsaw what it would cause). Its one thing to believe in something that everyone else believed would work and then it fails versus something forseeable

I refuse to go into that thread because I refuse to get banned, and I know I probably would.

But, I don't give two shits who someone supports. They spew Islamaphobic rhetoric at me, I'm calling their asses out on it. Period. Of all the shit that's dropped this cycle, the idea, the audacity, that we have a person running for President who wants to ban Muslims from practicing their faith freely and entering and leaving the country is abhorrent to me. Period. Full stop.

My reps are about where I expected them. Wicker, Palazzo, and Kelly are spineless wimps with no endorsements; Gov. Bryant backed Cruz, Cochran backed Jeb, Harper went for Kasich, and Bennie backed the Queen. I expect Palazzo will pretty quickly jump on Trump's junk, but Wicker and Kelly may just release a memo in late October.

This is just an opinion of a lily white outsider but I find it fascinating that many young BLM activists seem to not "get" that a whole lot of black people supported the Crime Bill*, and a whole lot of black people (specifically older black people) still really like the Clintons. You can talk all you want about statistics and incarceration but I think Clinton's dominance of the black vote really shows that she is being accepted by that community. My general view is that a lot of people are good at figuring out who is on their side and who isn't. Many forget but Bill Clinton came into office with a rather diverse cabinet, he went out his way to directly speak with the black community, and in general at the time was more friendly with black people than any modern candidate I can think of (maybe since RFK?).

*Not suggesting black people supporting the bill means it was justified. I'm arguing that many black people (including politicians) from crime ridden neighborhoods thought it was a good idea, not just the Clintons. It turned out to be a bad idea.

What people don't realize is that there are only four real options about past events like the crime reform wave. Either we shouldn't have done it (option B) or we should have (option A), and you can change your opinion on these. The possible options (in the form (belief in the 90s, belief now) are (A,A); (A,B); (B,A); and (B,B).

Hillary is in the (A, B) camp, while Bernie is in the (B,B) camp. The problem for him that most black people are in the (A,B) camp. To be in the (B,B) camp means that you're arguing that the correct course of action in the 90s would've been to ignore the Con. Black Caucus (and polling from black communities) and do "what's best for them." That's a big image problem for Bernie since he's basically arguing that the Clintons were wrong to listen to black people.

Then we get to the broader topic of what makes good governance in a democracy, specifically? I would argue that it's representation (barring civil rights) so that the will of the people is enacted no matter what. I don't feel that good governance means doing what's best for people like they're children. The Clintons let black people decide what happened in their own communities, and I agree with that decision. Both they and black leaders now know that they're plans backfired, and so they want that changed. Hillary is being consistent in her representation of black interests.

CCS

Banned
I'm glad to see r/politics is staying sane. Literally the top comment exchange on the Lewandowski story:

For grabbing her arm? I'm not fan of Donald Trump, but..this is just politics.

Simple Battery doesn't have to result in an injury. Just grabbing someone in a forceful/threatening manner is enough.

Like that black girl who was touched by Hilary's security at that townhall meeting? O wait, thaaat's not battery because 9/11 wall street vagina.

He kinda sucks after he came for crissles and deray for meeting with politicians and appearing in the media.

That was Netta and Deray. Shaun King essentially was insinuating that Deray didn't like Netta and talked about her behind her back. This accusation was not true. Dragging commenced.

Sadly, Shaun King has other issues as well. The only one that I defend him on is the "he's not black" accusation. I sincerely believe the man is just mixed, and has black ancestry. Otherwise, he's problematic.

This is just an opinion of a lily white outsider but I find it fascinating that many young BLM activists seem to not "get" that a whole lot of black people supported the Crime Bill*, and a whole lot of black people (specifically older black people) still really like the Clintons. You can talk all you want about statistics and incarceration but I think Clinton's dominance of the black vote really shows that she is being accepted by that community. My general view is that a lot of people are good at figuring out who is on their side and who isn't. Many forget but Bill Clinton came into office with a rather diverse cabinet, he went out his way to directly speak with the black community, and in general at the time was more friendly with black people than any modern candidate I can think of (maybe since RFK?).

*Not suggesting black people supporting the bill means it was justified. I'm arguing that many black people (including politicians) from crime ridden neighborhoods thought it was a good idea, not just the Clintons. It turned out to be a bad idea.

IMHO:

1) Not every young black activist supports Bernie Sanders. See: the BLM ladies who protested Sanders in Seattle (and btw, he didn't /let/ them speak like Killer Mike says, they bum rushed that stage and he had no choice).

2) Young black activists demand better. Just because us old heads understand the fear of that time doesn't mean that the youngbloods do. They just know "wrong is wrong". Also, John Lewis /did not/ support the Crime Bill, so not everyone was in agreement at the time.

3) Young black activists don't care. Even if you dismiss the Clinton Crime Bill as well intentioned, that still leaves you with the Clintons' racist statements about Obama during the 2008 primary. Also, young people in general have fallen into the "Clintons are crooks" narrative that has been pushed since forever, and haven't really tried to dismiss it.

So you have a group of young people who are fighting for improvement and aren't seeing Hillary Clinton as that agent of change. Some of them are seeing Bernie Sanders as that agent, but not in the same numbers as their white counterparts. I voted for Hillary in the recent Ohio primary, but I understand where they are coming from.

Slayven

That was Netta and Deray. Shaun King essentially was insinuating that Deray didn't like Netta and talked about her behind her back. This accusation was not true. Dragging commenced.

Sadly, Shaun King has other issues as well. The only one that I defend him on is the "he's not black" accusation. I sincerely believe the man is just mixed, and has black ancestry. Otherwise, he's problematic.

IMHO:

1) Not every young black activist supports Bernie Sanders. See: the BLM ladies who protested Sanders in Seattle (and btw, he didn't /let/ them speak like Killer Mike says, they bum rushed that stage and he had no choice).

2) Young black activists demand better. Just because us old heads understand the fear of that time doesn't mean that the youngbloods do. They just know "wrong is wrong". Also, John Lewis /did not/ support the Crime Bill, so not everyone was in agreement at the time.

3) Young black activists don't care. Even if you dismiss the Clinton Crime Bill as well intentioned, that still leaves you with the Clintons' racist statements about Obama during the 2008 primary. Also, young people in general have fallen into the "Clintons are crooks" narrative that has been pushed since forever, and haven't really tried to dismiss it.

So you have a group of young people who are fighting for improvement and aren't seeing Hillary Clinton as that agent of change. Some of them are seeing Bernie Sanders as that agent, but not in the same numbers as their white counterparts. I voted for Hillary in the recent Ohio primary, but I understand where they are coming from.

That was bullshit and I hate how it wasn't called out in the media.

Lmfao I fucked up my black twitter icons. But yes, it was really fucked up on his part and he's not really popular anymore in these Twitter streets.

User1608

Banned
Honestly, Mrs. Manky, reading your post and other members' in that dreadlocks (appropriation) thread about how they felt they needed to shave their heads to have a better chance of getting a job, it's made me realize I've been pretty ignorant on the deep level of fuckery black people go through. It's been very eye-opening and I want to become a better ally in the fight for equality. Because that's so crazy!
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=199514100
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=199514116
Sheesh.

Ecotic

These past two weeks have erased any doubt that Trump was unpredictable enough, elastic enough in his appeal, or had some secret character that he would play to win the general election. It was always a small possibility in my estimation (<15%), but that's gone now.

My reps are about where I expected them. Wicker, Palazzo, and Kelly are spineless wimps with no endorsements; Gov. Bryant backed Cruz, Cochran backed Jeb, Harper went for Kasich, and Bennie backed the Queen. I expect Palazzo will pretty quickly jump on Trump's junk, but Wicker and Kelly may just release a memo in late October.

What people don't realize is that there are only four real options about past events like the crime reform wave. Either we shouldn't have done it (option A) or we should have (option B), and you can change your opinion on these. The possible options (in the form (belief in the 90s, belief now) are (A,A); (A,B); (B,A); and (B,B).

Hillary is in the (A, B) camp, while Bernie is in the (B,B) camp. The problem for him that most black people are in the (A,B) camp. To be in the (B,B) camp means that you're arguing that the correct course of action in the 90s would've been to ignore the Con. Black Caucus (and polling from black communities) and do "what's best for them." That's a big image problem for Bernie since he's basically arguing that the Clintons were wrong to listen to black people.

Then we get to the broader topic of what makes good governance in a democracy, specifically? I would argue that it's representation (barring civil rights) so that the will of the people is enacted no matter what. I don't feel that good governance means doing what's best for people like they're children. The Clintons let black people decide what happened in their own communities, and I agree with that decision. Both they and black leaders now know that they're plans backfired, and so they want that changed. Hillary is being consistent in her representation of black interests.

The problem is that soon (or even already) a lot of issues will not really be intelligible outside of experts. The gap between what is understandable without significant background and what isn't is growing and soon a lot of important policy with regards to science (gene editing, drugs, therapy vs enhancement followed by weird neuro things like thync).

It becomes an interesting dilemma and I respect your viewpoint, however, given my beliefs on free will supported by science (not the end all be all but generally does an ok job) I think that the will of the people is not some higher level of understanding.

Now if people were much more judicious about saying no opinion or don't know when asked and left it to the parts of the populace that are well versed on the issue, then we could merge our beliefs.

For the record I'm not a Hillary fan and take a lot of the things she said/did in 2008 personally, but I don't believe she is a racist or doesn't care about black people as the GOAT would say.

I love Shaun King but the constant negative articles/links against Hillary make my head spin. After reading about the math, time to let it go.

There are plenty of times he's posted articles or has had reactions that arent very well thought out. He's not really at the top of my list of guys to go to get insight on important issues

Anyone can like beer. I couldn't stand to drink Bud Light when I was 18, now 10 years later I love trying every beer on the planet and beer could sustain me.

I've tried everything I can think of. IPAs, lagers, stouts, cheap stuff, expensive stuff...I can't stand that malty or hoppy taste. The smell of beer just gags me. I love liquor, but beer....I can't. I about threw up trying to get down a "Not Your Dad's" I'll take any recommendations, though.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
New thread already?

I would modify the title slightly:

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Better Dead Than Ted

BanGy.nz

Banned
Lmfao I fucked up my black twitter icons. But yes, it was really fucked up on his part and he's not really popular anymore in these Twitter streets.

Shaun knows better than to go after Crissles, Beyonce stans would do to him what a bullshit #GamerGate-adjace hate campaign about his skin tone couldn't.

User 406

Banned
I've tried everything I can think of. IPAs, lagers, stouts, cheap stuff, expensive stuff...I can't stand that malty or hoppy taste. The smell of beer just gags me. I love liquor, but beer....I can't. I about threw up trying to get down a "Not Your Dad's" I'll take any recommendations, though.

We're clearly long lost brothers. I've never had a beer I could stomach. One party in college, there was absolutely nothing but beer, I was like well I can just force a few down and get buzzed. I couldn't do a quarter of a can. Stayed sober all night.

Of course beer people have always insisted, "you just haven't tried this excellent beer!" And it's always the same. :|

royalan

Shaun knows better than to go after Crissles, Beyonce stans would do to him what a bullshit #GamerGate-adjace hate campaign about his skin tone couldn't.

LORD the READ if Shaun ever went after Crissle.

An entire episode would probably be devoted to her tearing him a new asshole, with Kid Fury jumping in every few minutes.

PBY

Banned

Adam pls

protip: get slightly buzzed, get a nice food pairing and a moderately hoppy beer. ease into the beer pool.

We're clearly long lost brothers. I've never had a beer I could stomach. One party in college, there was absolutely nothing but beer, I was like well I can just force a few down and get buzzed. I couldn't do a quarter of a can. Stayed sober all night.

Of course beer people have always insisted, "you just haven't tried this excellent beer!" And it's always the same. :|

tumblr_nrlc6ujbNj1rdzuduo1_500.gif

It's the smell of it that gets me. I bought this bottle of 360 Georgia Peach Vodka that is delicious. The whole brand is Eco friendly. It's yummy.

User1608

Banned
There are plenty of times he's posted articles or has had reactions that arent very well thought out. He's not really at the top of my list of guys to go to get insight on important issues
I can't deny that. I guess the better articles kind of made me overlook them. Probably helps I was sympathetic to him after the Breitbart fuckery.

Kyosaiga

Banned
My favorite alcoholic drinks are margaritas based on the sole fact that they actually taste good.

Fuck all the haters. If an alcoholic beverage is nasty, don't care how fucked up I wanna get, not drinking it

My favorite alcoholic drinks are margaritas based on the sole fact that they actually taste good.

Fuck all the haters. If an alcoholic beverage is nasty, don't care how fucked up I wanna get, not drinking it

I have excellent taste in alcohol. I make interesting pairings. Wine with vodka (not great). No Cal Vitamin Water and vodka (Not good at all). Peanut butter vodka and chocolate milk (Delicious!) I do like tequila. Smirnoff is my shit. I can do a Jack and Coke if I have to.

User 406

Banned

Yeah, shit's gotta taste good. I drank so many wine coolers back in college. But it was the 90's, and there was time for Klax.

Oddly enough though, I had a real fondness for tequila shots with salt and lime, even though that shit is basically paint thinner.

hawk2025

What about if you believe something will be terrible and still vote for it, though?

Did Sanders accidentally think it was a Democratic town hall tonight? He's at the theater and giving an interview. Was he hoping maybe they'd let him have a segment if he asked politely? Well, since it's Wisconsin, he'd ask for it politely and then apologize a dozen times. We're just marginally better than Minnesota on this.
Paul Ryan was boo'd in in Trump's Janesville rally, Paul Ryan's city.
This cheers me up.

Did Sanders accidentally think it was a Democratic town hall tonight? He's at the theater and giving an interview. Was he hoping maybe they'd let him have a segment if he asked politely? Well, since it's Wisconsin, he'd ask for it politely and then apologize a dozen times. We're just marginally better than Minnesota on this.
This cheers me up.

It really sucks that he is getting more air time again on news networks now that they are pushing a comeback narrative for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom