• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im at this Hillary happy hour and just missed getting a picture of Michelle kwan.

I did get this when she was speaking
9bueV7A.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Michelle got ROBBED in 2002 by that BASIC FLOP Sarah Hughes. And then she was attacked by the patriarchy (groin injury) in 2006 and Sasha Cohflophen went and flopped and that was it for US skaters. Then we had some fat girl.

Michelle got ROBBED in 2002 by that BASIC FLOP Sarah Hughes. And then she was attacked by the patriarchy (groin injury) in 2006 and Sasha Cohflophen went and flopped and that was it for US skaters. Then we had some fat girl.
I should have told her this.

Y2Kev

I remember S C R E A M I N G in 2002 when Michelle lost. I was on a luxurious ski vacation at Smuggler's Notch in Vermont (advance scouting for Hillary's 2016 campaign against Wacky Bernie). Fuck that shit.

As a huge figure skating fan, I was enraged by 1998 and 2002.

...but looking back, she didn't deserve to win either competition. She had a fall and her opponents had better technical content :(

Glad she landed with Hillary though,

As a huge figure skating fan, I was enraged by 1998 and 2002.

...but looking back, she didn't deserve to win either competition. She had a fall, and her opponents had better technical content :(

Glad she landed with Hillary though,

She's the living embodiment of Hillary's motto that it doesn't matter how many times you fall, you just have to get back up, look sickening and make them EAT IT.

Oh, wait....that's Latrice Royale....

(I love watching skating too)

Iolo

We will make it to OT5 way before the convention, probably around the time the nomination is wrapping up. In that case I reserve the mean-spirited:

PoliGAF |OT5| To Err Is Devine

Y2Kev

Tara hew? I think I saw ha in an ad for replacement hips during an episode of golden girls on nick at nite tch

Tara is useless. I have no respect for those teens who win gold while they still weigh 50 pounds then are never heard of again.

She's the living embodiment of Hillary's motto that it doesn't matter how many times you fall, you just have to get back up, look sickening and make them EAT IT.

Oh, wait....that's Latrice Royale....

(I love watching skating too)

There are actually quite a few parallels between their careers.

Are you watching the world championships this weekend?

Tara is useless. I have no respect for those teens who win gold while they still weigh 50 pounds then are never heard of again.

There are actually quite a few parallels between their careers.

Are you watching the world championships this weekend?

I'm gonna try. I have some things to do, but I should be home in time to watch parts of it. I might DVR it to be safe, though.

Plumbob

Daniel B·;199561560 said:
What is idiotic, is that she claims to be gravely concerned about Global Warming, but refuses to come out against fracking (she actually promoted it, as Secretary of State), when it greatly contributes to the release of methane, which, as I'm sure you know, is a far more potent greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide.

What's the point of typing all this up when you don't believe in climate change?

The problem is that soon (or even already) a lot of issues will not really be intelligible outside of experts. The gap between what is understandable without significant background and what isn't is growing and soon a lot of important policy with regards to science (gene editing, drugs, therapy vs enhancement followed by weird neuro things like thync).

It becomes an interesting dilemma and I respect your viewpoint, however, given my beliefs on free will supported by science (not the end all be all but generally does an ok job) I think that the will of the people is not some higher level of understanding.

Now if people were much more judicious about saying no opinion or don't know when asked and left it to the parts of the populace that are well versed on the issue, then we could merge our beliefs.

I'm even in the STEM fields, so I understand the frustration when people vote against climate change measures, but there's just no real way to fix that in a democracy. Maybe set up elected councils with relevant degree requirements and then give them some leeway to enact policy without votes outside the committee. But that only works with boring issues like STEM, or maybe economics (though we start to veer into murky ethical territory where such a board of economists might risk personal livelihoods on what amounts to experimenting with people, as opposed to running lab tests). With something like the crime reform movement in the 90s, no one could (with any real level of certainty) say how it would really affect people. And I think opponents in the 90s would've needed more evidence to override that much argument from black communities. Paternalism is always something to avoid.

Hillary chicks are cute. Talking to one and already making comedy show plans and going to the Hillary event tomorrow in Harlem. She likes whiskey

B-dubs your missing out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom