• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried everything I can think of. IPAs, lagers, stouts, cheap stuff, expensive stuff...I can't stand that malty or hoppy taste. The smell of beer just gags me. I love liquor, but beer....I can't. I about threw up trying to get down a "Not Your Dad's" I'll take any recommendations, though.

Come on now, "Not Your Dad's" is not even beer; it tastes like Barq's with extra sugar. If you were closer to me I'd invite you over to try a variety of sudsy beverages; beer is one of those things that has such an enormous variety, that you can usually find something that appeals to almost anyone's palate. But there's no shame in not liking beer either. I'm sure Hillary supports your taste in... *scrolls down*... Peach Vodka? Fucking hell.... Well, whatever floats your boat.

What about if you believe something will be terrible and still vote for it, though?

Maybe you live in a system with massive omnibus bills with a damned if you do, damned if you don't outcome and try to give a speech to stop this process for historical posterity ;)

CewAzTwWsAA00W-.jpg:large

People with dignity get someone who has decent handwriting to make that sign tho.

Come on now, "Not Your Dad's" is not even beer; it tastes like Barq's with extra sugar. If you were closer to me I'd invite you over to try a variety of sudsy beverages; beer is one of those things that has such an enormous variety, that you can usually find something that appeals to almost anyone's palate. But there's no shame in not liking beer either. I'm sure Hillary supports your taste in... *scrolls down*... Peach Vodka? Fucking hell.... Well, whatever floats your boat.

It's not as good as peanut butter vodka but it does in a pinch. :)

Dad's tasted like beer to me. It smelled like beer. I couldn't. I know I'm weird. I like Jack and coke, but only if both are slightly warm/room temperature.

I'm weird about what i put in my mouth.

BanGy.nz

Banned
LORD the READ if Shaun ever went after Crissle.

An entire episode would probably be devoted to her tearing him a new asshole, with Kid Fury jumping in every few minutes.
You once posted Crissle's evisceration of Rachel Dolezal, that was my introduction to The Read so thank you for that. ^_^

Effect

So I managed to stay away from political news for a few days. Sadly talk and concern over Batman v Superman took it's place. I really enjoyed it though and saw it a few times. So the time away wasn't exactly calm. Was surprised a new thread was created though. Was looking at my subscriptions and was wondering why the other one was so far down the list.

So outside of Trump's CM being charged anything else major happen?

Hillary still on track to be the nominee? Nothing crazy happen or looking like it might happen? Still on track to win New York? PA?

hawk2025

Maybe you live in a system with massive omnibus bills with a damned if you do, damned if you don't outcome and try to give a speech to stop this process for historical posterity ;)

Maybe?

Seems like a fart in the wind, especially when knowing what the negatives would be. Talk is cheap, and you can always hedge your bets on a vote by warning that something might go wrong.

Maybe?

Seems like a fart in the wind, especially when knowing what the negatives would be. Talk is cheap, and you can always hedge your bets on a vote by warning that something might go wrong.

Well he happened to be right, and if he didn't vote for it we would be discussing how he didn't vote for the violence against women act. What do you want from him, to dissolve congress?

hawk2025

Well he happened to be right, and if he didn't vote for it we would be discussing how he didn't vote for the violence against women act. What do you want from him, to dissolve congress?

Not at all -- I just don't think he gets any brownie points for a speech, so the crime bill is not a relevant dimension to differentiate the candidates.

Yes, if he didn't vote for it we would be discussing something else. That's the very concept of a trade-off; You can't always have the first best win.

Fair enough, I do appreciate good judgement so I appreciate his speech. We can agree to disagree.

We can, putting different weights on different information is what lets us have different (but simultaneously rational) opinions in the first place, so I like where we are landing :p

Not at all -- I just don't think he gets any brownie points for a speech, so the crime bill is not a relevant dimension to differentiate the candidates.

Yes, if he didn't vote for it we would be discussing something else. That's the very concept of a trade-off; You can't always have the first best win.

Fair enough, I do appreciate good judgement so I appreciate his speech. We can agree to disagree.

In better english, I care about what sanders and clinton have done in the past in so far as it reveals their thought processes and predicts their future behavior.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
It's been playing for a few days so I don't know if anyone here has posted it. I can't find a copy on Youtube though. Pat Toomey, a senator from PA, has been running an ad that is basically just as many Southern Strategy dog-whistles in one place as I can think of. It goes on and on about how terrible rioters are and never mentions the reasons behind the rioting, and then about how supportive he is of police...well at least with gear and money, never any mention of maybe something like actual better policing.

It really sucks that he is getting more air time again on news networks now that they are pushing a comeback narrative for him.
That's fine and harmless. But one wonders who in his campaign scheduled him to be at the town hall venue at the time of the event. Like, seriously. As we'd assume it's deliberate, it's both ingenious and sleazy.
So the only Hispanic dude in the state that lives outside Milwaukee is a Trump supporter? Weirdo. ...We are not a diverse people.

TIL that there's actually a hotel with a conference center in Janesville. Surprised we've gone the day without an Xbox joke.

We can, putting different weights on different information is what lets us have different (but simultaneously rational) opinions in the first place, so I like where we are landing :p

You are using the right terminology as well (different weights on how our brain processes things leads to all this diversity). At the end of the day, clinton is gonna win so maybe I'm the one on the wrong side :p

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
My favorite alcoholic drinks are margaritas based on the sole fact that they actually taste good.

Fuck all the haters. If an alcoholic beverage is nasty, don't care how fucked up I wanna get, not drinking it

I've tried everything I can think of. IPAs, lagers, stouts, cheap stuff, expensive stuff...I can't stand that malty or hoppy taste. The smell of beer just gags me. I love liquor, but beer....I can't. I about threw up trying to get down a "Not Your Dad's" I'll take any recommendations, though.

We're clearly long lost brothers. I've never had a beer I could stomach. One party in college, there was absolutely nothing but beer, I was like well I can just force a few down and get buzzed. I couldn't do a quarter of a can. Stayed sober all night.

Of course beer people have always insisted, "you just haven't tried this excellent beer!" And it's always the same. :|

Add me to the anti-beer coalition. My friends always said I'd eventually get used to the taste, but I've attempted to drink it for over a decade and it still tastes just as awful now as it did back then.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Everyone has doubted polls so significantly this year, and this is made worse by Michigan. The very next week everything was fine. If polls have Hillary up 9, why so skeptical? Bernie sucks.

Everyone has doubted polls so significantly this year, and this is made worse by Michigan. The very next week everything was fine. If polls have Hillary up 9, why so skeptical? Bernie sucks.

We NYC recent college graduates will show up at a 100000% turnout and sweep the polls, just wait and see!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We NYC recent college graduates will show up at a 100000% turnout and sweep the polls, just wait and see!

It honestly feels more split here than it usually is. I have no polling to back it up, but that's just how it feels. Also, you NYCGAF too? We all gotta go drinking and watch the returns.

PBY

Banned
It honestly feels more split here than it usually is. I have no polling to back it up, but that's just how it feels. Also, you NYCGAF too? We all gotta go drinking and watch the returns.

If it makes you feel better, I'm here too and I don't get a split vibe. Bernie people are just always stopping me on the streets.

|OT4| tfw Ted Cruz's game puts yours to shame

|OT4| Say what you will about the tenets of White Nationalism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

|OT4| Sex with Ted is really a Kafka-esque experience.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If it makes you feel better, I'm here too and I don't get a split vibe. Bernie people are just always stopping me on the streets.

Same here. Everyone I know is voting Bernie. No friends voting for that fake queen.

My group is mostly Hillary, but we're in Queens and my friends are pretty diverse so that might play into it.

Most of the people from college and in my program now are sanders supporters, a few hillary, and then one trump/cruz supporter (guess what type of medicine he wants to practice) but obviously i live in the bubble of all bubbles. Maybe I will come out to a NYCGAF meeting, I am not much of a beer person (thats the real reason I don't like the queen).

I voted Sanders, but when I was talking with my grandma (who is pretty much a classic Texan Democrat, but has voted Republican for people like Bush Jr.) she said she wanted Hillary to win.

She didn't know my preference, but I told her she should vote for who she wanted. I'm glad to know that if Sanders doesn't pull off some miracle, she will be happy Hillary won.

My grandma is a pretty complicated character politically. Like I expected her to be hardline republican, but she surprises me. When Obama got elected, she kept saying "every time i listen to him talk, I love him more and more."

Hillary wins all of the states she wins. You can't tell me that it's not because the DNC, DWS and Satan herself didn't rig that shit.

Follow the trail people. Follow the trail.

gcubed

You guys catch this? http://arstechnica.com/business/201...ed-for-throttling-itself-fcc-republican-says/

The short of it is a R commissioner is calling for Netflix to be investigated for throttling citing the net neutrality law he was against and likely doesn't apply, probably because they deprived phone companies of overage fees.

It's enough to give me an aneurysm.

Netflix is full of political asshats and what they did was shitty and should be investigated.

My circle of friends are mostly pushing 40 and all or most of them seem to be going Bernie. To be fair, i may just be picking up on the vocal ones.

Does NY have early voting?

No, but they're not fucking around with troll voting, either. Registered voters had to be Democrats since last October, and new voters had to be registered by last Friday.

Paskil

Does NY have early voting?

Wisconsin does, as a text from the fifth Bernie supporter I've received in two weeks can attest. Of course, I will be working at the polling place at which I vote, as a Chief Inspector, so I would kind of hope that I know about elections in Wisconsin. Also, voting for Hillary (although I just respond to each that I'm voting for Trump).

Maybe you could come up with a funny title and we will talk about it.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Gives a Whole New Meaning to Bean Counter

OT4 | The gif that keeps on giving

Rhoadhphisigma Island

|OT4| tfw Ted Cruz's game puts yours to shame

|OT4| Say what you will about the tenets of White Nationalism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

|OT4| Sex with Ted is really a Kafka-esque experience.

New thread already?

I would modify the title slightly:

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Better Dead Than Ted

johnsmith had the best one, cuban mistress crisis. stopped trying to come up with something clever after reading that

You've got choices here, y2kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom