• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Same with people just figuring out that they need to be registered to a party to vote in the NY primary. This rule has been known for quite some time, but now that it seems like Bernie is going to lose the state everyone is in an uproar over it. If the campaign was serious about the state they would've been registering people back in the fall.

rules and traditions can be stupid, unfairly gamely, in need of rapid change. if 1 person doesn't know of a rule, you're probably okay. millions leans toward disenfranchisement, especially when half of millennials disassociate themselves with both parties.

Same with people just figuring out that they need to be registered to a party to vote in the NY primary. This rule has been known for quite some time, but now that it seems like Bernie is going to lose the state everyone is in an uproar over it. If the campaign was serious about the state they would've been registering people back in the fall.

The campaign didn't even have an actual field office until the day before the registration deadline, if what I read was accurate. That's just poor management. They did the same thing in Mass, I believe.

royalan

Every day another parallel between Sanders and Trump voter behaviors pops up. The timing between both camps complaining about the rules is almost creepy.

Every day another parallel between Sanders and Trump voter behaviors pops up. The timing between both camps complaining about the rules is almost creepy.

In Trump's defense, at least he will actually have more delegates than anyone else. He has a legit case to make. Bernie....meh.

Bernie's team is just doing what a losing team does: whatever it takes to appear viable. We can't expect logical consistency from them at this point.

Yep, he's popular enough to have more than enough money and support to stay in it, while out of it enough that staying with his old arguments just makes a loss more inevitable than it already is. So you try whatever might work. It's politics and it happens all the time, and it'll mostly be water under the bridge in the end. The only people who should be upset are the people who thought a 30-year Congressman wouldn't play politics.

ampere

My theory is that Jane did their taxes, but probably did them the way most Americans do their taxes (wrongly).

The Sanders know that if there are mistakes (being too liberal with deductions, etc), or even if it's not necessarily money saving but just wrong, that they'll get ripped apart by the media.

So, there's probably a boutique tax firm right now frantically going over their tax returns. It's right before tax season though, so finding a firm willing to do this is probably impossible and it's likely no firm will get around to doing this til after April 18.

So I think we'll see their tax return forms after April 18, after a firm has had time to correct/fix all the ones that can be amended, and explain what the problems are with the older ones so the Sanders can be preemptively ready to explain.

*edit: I think it's worth noting I doubt any of this is out of malice and there was no intent for commit fraud.

That's an interesting idea and seems plausible.

studyguy

That or he's simply got investments lined up somewhere that paint him in a poor light or he's worried that his income will just tarnish his current look.

Whatever, even without the tax return the campaign is just treading water right now.

royalan

I am so glad that Chris Matthews slammed Weaver over his "deal with the Devil" line last night. That's the kind of shit we don't need. That's the kind of shit that poisons a party.

Trancos

When you hear the stories about the issues they have when canvassing latino neighbourhoods in NY. When they realise that 'Green cards for all' 'migration reform' is not a one size fit all stump speech for latinos. That latinos from different countries not necessarily get along very well.That puerto ricans are actually citizens. That the vatican is not important but the pope is.

All that is something that they should have been trained BEFORE the last week in NY.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Bernie 2016!

(did not read article just hope its true)

giphy-10.gif

I am so glad that Chris Matthews slammed Weaver over his "deal with the Devil" line last night. That's the kind of shit we don't need. That's the kind of shit that poisons a party.

I can't believe I'm saying this, because both of them are weasels, but I wish Weaver would fade into obscurity in favor of Devine for the rest of the primary. Loser that he might be, at least Tad isn't saying this shit.

studyguy

When you hear the stories about the issues they have when canvassing latino neighbourhoods in NY. When they realise that 'Green cards for all' 'migration reform' is not a one size fit all stump speech for latinos. That latinos from different countries not necessarily get along very well.That puerto ricans are actually citizens. That the vatican is not important but the pope is.

All that is something that they should have been trained BEFORE the last week in NY.

Show me, I need this.
They're going to be hitting me up in CA later in the year (assuming he hasn't given up, but who are we kidding, right?), I need to know what I'll be seeing.

I was about to say that I think I was a bit unfair. I'm not expecting every volunteer to know every single rule of every state. I'm certainly no expert myself. But I think my main point stand in that the lack of experienced campaign staff is hurting Sanders campaign.

Hillary side has outsmarted and outmanoeuvred them a few times with far less boots on the ground.

I think it's fair game. It isn't some small rule, it's a major part of NY's closed primary system. If Bernie's campaign had more experience and foresight they wouldn't known to get people registered in the right party to vote for their candidate. The fact that the campaign is worried about this now, a week before the primary, either shows their lack of experience or that they didn't think they would make it this far.

The campaign didn't even have an actual field office until the day before the registration deadline, if what I read was accurate. That's just poor management. They did the same thing in Mass, I believe.

Oh wow that's bad. In his home state too!

noshten

Latino voters in the last few polls has been tied
So I guess you might be a bit misinformed
:)

I think it's fair game. It isn't some small rule, it's a major part of NY's closed primary system. If Bernie's campaign had more experience and foresight they wouldn't known to get people registered in the right party to vote for their candidate. The fact that the campaign is worried about this now, a week before the primary, either shows their lack of experience or that they didn't think they would make it this far.

Oh wow that's bad. In his home state too!

Sanders campaign playing dat expectations game

Been there done that. South Carolina.
eBSMw9y.gif

The beginning of the end...

...That turned into the never-ending boring ass story.

Fellow coattail rider, Daenerys Targaryen.

Tubie

Been there done that. South Carolina.
eBSMw9y.gif

The beginning of the end...

...That turned into the never-ending boring ass story.

Fellow coattail rider, Daenerys Targaryen.

lmao

It's kinda perfect how a new season of GoT starts just before the 26th and the bloodbath that day will be.

NeoXChaos

daveweigel ‏@daveweigel 22m22 minutes ago
Anecdote as data: Meeting a good number of Bernie fans at NY rallies who are registered independent and can't vote for him next week.

Ce_Ja_7VIAA_gvH.jpg

Maledict

As amazing as those polls are, and as wonderful as it would be to have that happen, it's not going to be Trump as the nominee. Hopefully it will be Cruz, who would be almost as bad.

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

studyguy

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

That song is legit awful. Always thought whoever took that song into a fight was marshmallow soft.

hiding behind obama's ideas and pushing to be his surrogate third term is coattail riding, levied against bernie's more progressive, optimistic ideas. obama deserves criticism, i'm glad bernie dishes it out. also happy he's not quick to kiss rings for power, there's not a whisper of puppetry there.

she's putting the work in, never said she hasn't earned her keep.

You, Sanders, and other supporters need to face reality. He is running for the nomination of the democrat party. Not the independent party or the do-what-you-want party. Obama is the head of the party, and is very popular. Which means anyone running to replace him as head of the party has to give him some respect and praise in order to win over the party, which loves him.

If you have a problem with that you should be involved in another party. Sanders doesn't get to magically show up and dictate terms. Just as a libertarian couldn't run against Reagan's record in the 1988 republican primaries and win.

Sanders has spent quite a bit of time seperate for himself from the president and making ludicrous criticisms. Obama is far from perfect but you're not going to replace him by turning off the people who made him a successful two term president.

noshten

You, Sanders, and other supporters need to face reality. He is running for the nomination of the democrat party. Not the independent party or the do-what-you-want party. Obama is the head of the party, and is very popular. Which means anyone running to replace him as head of the party has to give him some respect and praise in order to win over the party, which loves him.

If you have a problem with that you should be involved in another party. Sanders doesn't get to magically show up and dictate terms. Just as a libertarian couldn't run against Reagan's record in the 1988 republican primaries and win.

Sanders has spent quite a bit of time seperate for himself from the president and making ludicrous criticisms. Obama is far from perfect but you're not going to replace him by turning off the people who made him a successful two term president.

Maybe if he was running against Obama you'd have a point but he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom