• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCory signs an executive order that doesn't actually repeal the vindictive piece of shit law that he signed
I'm thinking we'll see a SCOTUS case out of this within a year that would by default encompass the different laws from each state, which would play well to a new liberal court. Something about LGBT rights being a protected class despite many current laws? This feels like the sort of issue that might get fast-tracked.

The new challenges to districting maps are a similar situation for a flipped court, and I'd like to see a voter ID challenge reach the top as well.
Things to remember about the guy that the GOPe has settled on:
You're forgetting the most ironic quirk! His favorite My Little Pony is Applejack, who is the allegory for racism against blacks and hispanic migrant labor. I actually saw a few testimonials on my facebook timeline when this came up of parents trying to move their kids away from her, though that's a rather extreme reaction. It's still just a flash animation pastel pony.

If and when Cruz loses to Hillary, what would conservative voters think afterwards that a conservative lost( probably worst than Romney). Probably blame him for not being liked by no one. Republicans are in a bind when it comes to the presidency.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
That's right, threats from the state to silence political speech from minorities is very similar in intent.

Was this in response to me? I'm not following.

I'm also not following your argument that withdrawing funding for discriminating against people and organizations from or in Israel violates the First Amendment. Do you feel the same away about withdrawing funding for discriminating against people in mixed-race marriages, for instance?

Hence the eye roll.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Hence "sometimes."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Newest ep of Sam Bee is amazingly awesome

giphy.gif

Go watch it

The fact she isn't on every day hurts me inside. I need more.

Piecake

Money isn't speech, I heard.

Our Founding Fathers certainly didn't think so.

I mean, one group would have called it rank corruption while the other would have thought it would have been an effective way to tie the rich and power to the US government in order to ensure stability. Even the group who would have been for it certainly never argued for it on Constitutional grounds.

Efforts to save Kynect fail

FRANKFORT, KY.
Long-shot efforts to keep the state's health insurance exchange and Medicaid expansion intact had an anticlimactic ending Monday, when a legislative committee couldn't muster enough votes to send the politically charged issue to the full Senate for debate.

The Republican-led panel took up Democratic-backed bills aimed at preserving the state exchange, kynect, and Medicaid expansion, both created under the federal Affordable Care Act.

The measures stalled in the Senate Health and Welfare Committee after efforts to advance them to the Senate floor to allow a fuller debate failed to muster enough support.

The insurance exchange drew sharp criticism from some GOP senators and members of Republican Gov. Matt Bevin's administration during the more than two-hour hearing.

Bevin has said he will dismantle kynect by the end of the year, transitioning people who use it to a similar federal program. And he is asking the federal government for permission to charge some of the more than 400,000 people who have insurance through Kentucky's expanded Medicaid program to pay a small premium in order to keep their coverage. If the federal government says no, Bevin has said he will repeal the expansion altogether.

Fuck this short-sighted buffoon. In a way I kind of hope the Medicaid contraction happens though. You get what you vote for. People need to learn that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
still think she wins by 20. Thursday's debate will change nothing.

I think it'll be closer to 15. Still waiting for Siena though.

If the moderators and Clinton push Bernie on specifics it could widen the eventual gap, especially if he doesn't have any answers.

T'Zariah

Banned
I think it'll be closer to 15. Still waiting for Siena though.

If the moderators and Clinton push Bernie on specifics it could widen the eventual gap, especially if he doesn't have any answers.

So, based on your track record, 25 blowout?

:p

You always underestimate the queen

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's worse than 08.

Just barely, like 2.2% worse. Plus we're a bit further removed from Clinton's time as Senator. Of course most polls still have 10% or so undecided and depending on how that breaks the gap could widen.

I think the debate may decide how those votes break.

So, based on your track record, 25 blowout?

:p

You always underestimate the queen

Depends on how the undecideds break. There's enough to either turn it into a blow out or tighten it to single digits.

Boney

Banned
Ok time to liven up the place. Washington Post breaks down Trump's charity donation claims. His supposed $102 million dollars are just 2 million dollars in cash to his foundation by him and the rest is made up of free golf rounds for charity auctions, free stays at his hotel and a land conservation agreement. Also, his beneficiaries are clients, other businesses and even Serena Williams!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3b9b92-fb40-11e5-9140-e61d062438bb_story.html

TYT has a summary on video
http://youtu.be/Xc5GtzsFClc

How insane is this man

Perhaps if someone wants to break away from the pack they can attack Hamilton for casting George Washington with a black actor. Only 27% of Republican primary voters find that acceptable, to 45% who disapprove of it.

I'm shocked that Trump took over this party! Just shocked!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/04/new-york-hates-ted-cruz-trump-clinton-lead-big.html

The one thing that's good about Trump is that the GOP's platform right now is: "Mexicans, Muslims, and transgender women are coming to rape our white women and we'll strip away their civil rights to stop them, but if we don't, buy a gun to kill them." but they manage to barely hide it so people like Meta can pretend that bills stopping transgender people from using the bathroom are something else. Trump directly states the platform and leaves no one, other than the 15% of the country that are total losers and masturbate to anime or hit women, able to pretend that he means something more positive.

I don't think we need to benchmark her success in NY on 2008. She was a sitting Senator then. It would be shocking if she didn't do a bit worse this time around, really.

I'll be happy with any win, and ecstatic with anything over 10.

Paul Ryan ruled out stealing the nomination at a contested convention just a few minutes ago.

So now it's Trump or Cruz with near certainty this year with Paul Ryan, Ben Sasse, and Tom Cotton setting up to be humiliated by Cruz and Ted Nugent in 2020.

I don't think we need to benchmark her success in NY on 2008. She was a sitting Senator then. It would be shocking if she didn't do a bit worse this time around, really.

I'll be happy with any win, and ecstatic with anything over 10.

I also think calendar has something to do with it. NY was just another Super Tuesday state last time, so it had much less focus.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That segment exceeded my expectations.

Here is the segment on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usgOsNhkKVE

I died laughing the whole way through. She's been killing it.

The Detour is funny as shit too. It's also got a lot more going on than the commercials have shown, goddamn.

I'd love her show on more often as well, mon-thurs plz!

SERIOUSLY! Come on TBS! Sam Bee followed by Conan would be a legendary tag team to have every night.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'd love her show on more often as well, mon-thurs plz!

You can't maintain this level of quality more than once a week. I do wish she took over the Daily Show, she was clearly holding back to an extent while she was on it. But at the same time, I don't think it would have worked as well as this show does.

I'm shocked that Trump took over this party! Just shocked!

This may be the single biggest problem with any Stop Trump effort. Even if it succeeds, then what? A significant chunk of the Republican base (not all of it, of course) is made up of people who don't actually care that much about the economic arguments made by the party elites but are essentially motivated by bigotry. Trump gets the support he does because he's selling a more explicit version of what attracts them to the party in the first place.

So what is the party going to do? Give Trump the boot, wag their fingers at him for the outrageous things he days, and then go right back to using dog whistles to keep these voters in line? They aren't buying what the party is selling any more. The GOP needs to deal with the underlying problem, which has been decades in the making. Stopping Trump is just kicking the can down the road.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You can't maintain this level of quality more than once a week. I do wish she took over the Daily Show, she was clearly holding back to an extent while she was on it. But at the same time, I don't think it would have worked as well as this show does.

She would have been better than Trevor...

Iolo

Just barely, like 2.2% worse. Plus we're a bit further removed from Clinton's time as Senator. Of course most polls still have 10% or so undecided and depending on how that breaks the gap could widen.

I think the debate may decide how those votes break.

Depends on how the undecideds break. There's enough to either turn it into a blow out or tighten it to single digits.

Final results:

51 Clinton
40 Sanders
9 Kerry

thcsquad

Illinois polling really tightened in the last week before primary. Hoping that's not the case with NY and so far nothing too erratic.

I don't think there's any equivalent of the Rahm effect in NY. He's not campaigning against DeBlasio (yet?) and I think DeBlasio is a bit more popular than Rahm is here. His local wedge issue is fracking, but I don't think it'll be nearly as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom