• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't check Facebook much, but I just saw that someone shared H.A. Goodman's masterpiece about how Bernie will get the nomination even if Hillary wins the most delegates. I successfully resisted the temptation to comment.

ivysaur12

Banned
Shot:

Cf8MatvUsAI15K6.jpg

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/jess_mc/status/720317585460498432

(Jess works for EMILY's List)

@jess_mc
jess mcintosh
We've endorsed several Bernie-supporting women, including the other one he's mailing for today. And he knows it.

Ecotic

Am I wrong, or has Trump been noticeably quiet since the 'punishing women who have abortions' thing? Is his version of pivoting for the general just shutting up and avoiding headlines?

I believe Trump has quit the big 20,000 people rallies because of protesters and only holds smaller events now. So he seems quieter because the big mega rallies and the "Get them out!!" days are over.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh goddamn it Bernie >.<

I believe Trump has quit the big 20,000 people rallies because of protesters and only holds smaller events now. So he seems quieter because the big mega rallies and the "Get them out!!" days are over.

There hasn't been a Can't Stump The Trump in some time either :(

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Implication, thy name is Sanders.

(Also, potentially EMILY's List. I'd be curious to see if the other women Emily's List and Sanders both support are also both supported by all other Dems as well)

Is there any evidence that Emily's List is picking Clinton supported candidates over Bernie supported candidates when they aren't the same?

I would love it if Schumer lost in a primary, provided whoever beat him could be reasonably expected to win the Senate race in the fall. It would prevent us having to suffer through Schumer as Majority Leader. Maybe we could get someone good in there.

Personally I'd say Gillibrand should be Majority Leader, but that's just me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm not. I'm aboard the Cruz ship because Trump has zero understanding of the process and is letting Cruz walk all over him on any non-first ballot vote.

Exactly. Unless Trump can somehow bribe 50-100 or so delegates on first ballot, it is not happening.

I would love it if Schumer lost in a primary, provided whoever beat him could be reasonably expected to win the Senate race in the fall. It would prevent us having to suffer through Schumer as Majority Leader. Maybe we could get someone good in there.

Durbin would be majority/minority leader if not Schumer.

Are you from New York? We like Schumer, why would we ever get rid of him?

Josh5890

I finished season 6 of The West Wing last night. For those unfamililar, it dealt with a brokered convention that went three days and several ballots. It even had a surprise candidate jump in during the process and nearly run away with it. The whole thing was a circus. I really wonder what the RNC will be like come July. It should be must watch TV although I doubt it will be a circus like the TV show. It would be interesting if the DNC started without a confirmed nominee although I don't see that coming close to a possibility at this point.

the replies to that tweet are getting better

Jacob Mendenhall &#8207;@JMendenhall 11m11 minutes ago
@JohnMaddensson @jess_mc @emilyslist @lauraolin I want to know why Emily's list thinks I shouldn't vote for Lucy Flores?

jess mcintosh &#8207;@jess_mc 3m3 minutes ago
@JMendenhall @JohnMaddensson @emilyslist @lauraolin you live in Portland, for start.

lol

Hazmat

I finished season 6 of The West Wing last night. For those unfamililar, it dealt with a brokered convention that went three days and several ballots. It even had a surprise candidate jump in during the process and nearly run away with it. The whole thing was a circus. I really wonder what the RNC will be like come July. It should be must watch TV although I doubt it will be a circus like the TV show. It would be interesting if the DNC started without a confirmed nominee although I don't see that coming close to a possibility at this point.

The RNC might be like that, but with more angry, armed protestors outside. Anyway, Baker 2006! Make America Bundy Again!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
@JohnMaddensson @jess_mc @emilyslist @lauraolin I want to know why Emily's list thinks I shouldn't vote for Lucy Flores?

@JMendenhall @JohnMaddensson @emilyslist @lauraolin you live in Portland, for start.

lol

Oh dear god :lol

CCS

Banned

lol

Deceased.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

lol

That. Was. Amazing.

With a May 7 Deadline, Trump Only Hired a California Political Director Yesterday

Trump has a real problem. It is California.

Presume Donald Trump wins 100% of New York’s delegates, or 95 delegates, next week. That’s not likely, but just presume he did it. He would then have to win roughly 58% of all the remaining delegates, but he only averages 45% delegate wins on election night. And California’s rules are, well, unique.

Ted Cruz has been laying ground word in California for a year. Donald Trump? His campaign is just starting and they have a deadline on May 7th. Literally Donald Trump just hired his California political director yesterday.

That deadline? The candidates in California get to submit delegates from each congressional district. If a candidate wins a congressional district, his delegates get to vote. It took Cruz more than 5 months to find delegates in all of California’s congressional districts. Cruz found 169 delegates and 169 alternates, which is a complete slate of delegates and alternates. Trump is just starting and the deadline to turn in his list is May 7th.

If Trump can’t field a complete slate, even if he wins a congressional district he won’t have delegates to vote for him.
http://theresurgent.com/with-a-may-...ed-a-california-political-director-yesterday/

Trump is a joke.

studyguy

lol

Damn.
ALSO RIGGED WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T VOTE FOR ASSEMBLYMEN OUTSIDE MY STATE? RIGGED I TELL YOU! RIGGED

gaugebozo

Are you from New York? We like Schumer, why would we ever get rid of him?
Yeah I don't understand. When my wife graduated with a Master's, it just happened he was in town. They bumped whoever was going to be the speaker (student president? Lol.) for him. He gave a great speech, although I think I've heard it's the same one he always gives.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah I don't understand. When my wife graduated with a Master's, it just happened he was in town. They bumped whoever was going to be the speaker (student president? Lol.) for him. He gave a great speech, although I think I've heard it's the same one he always gives.

That wouldn't surprise me too much :lol

Man loves a camera and a crowd.

Disagree completely.

Obama was a relatively new candidate.

Clinton is an "established" candidate and has been around for ages. Most people know who she is and she's been the target of literally decades of hate.

While I don't think 33% will actively vote against her, I think it's not right to compare the lack of support for her to the lack of the support for President Obama (back then). They aren't the same. I think a much larger portion of the Sanders supporters will NOT support her (by not voting for her), relative to what happened in 2008.

Obama was really only relatively new in that he appeared on the national stage in 2004 at the convention and everyone began to wonder when he would finally run.

He spoke at my sister's graduation as well. It was awesome, he was a nice speaker.

They could also stop choosing based on who is "next in line" and vote for the best person. Reid was god-awful. Schumer seems to be cut from the same cloth.
Reid was actually remarkably effective in terms of procedural stuff, executive/judicial nominees etc. The unsung hero of the Senate for a while.

I do wish he'd shown that same kind of drive towards legislation when Democrats held the House though. Guess it's easier for a politician to be on the offensive when they can't do anything of consequence.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Disagree completely.

Obama was a relatively new candidate.

Clinton is an "established" candidate and has been around for ages. Most people know who she is and she's been the target of literally decades of hate.

While I don't think 33% will actively vote against her, I think it's not right to compare the lack of support for her to the lack of the support for President Obama (back then). They aren't the same. I think a much larger portion of the Sanders supporters will NOT support her (by not voting for her), relative to what happened in 2008.

Historically, if you go across both GOP and Dem races, the numbers that are quoted for Sanders supporters who won't vote for Clinton at this point in time match what 2008 was, and was lower than 2000 (GWB / McCain, the one where GWB accused McCain of having an asian love child). Basically, with Trump or Cruz on the opposite side, I'd put money down saying a higher percentage of Sanders voters who do vote end up voting for Clinton than Clinton supporters who voted ended up voting for Obama.

Cruz and Trump are pretty scary for Dem voters; that will move a lot of voters. Sanders supporters are just in their super salty phase currently. :D

I've encountered Chuck Schumer twice in my life--once at the polling place when I voted in 2012, and then hanging out at a street fair in his shorts, eating grilled corn on the cob and shaking hands.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's a good graduation story, I don't blame him for using it. It totally makes sense for him to have a stump graduation speech though, given how much he likes microphones and whatnot.

I've encountered Chuck Schumer twice in my life--once at the polling place when I voted in 2012, and then hanging out at a street fair in his shorts, eating grilled corn on the cob and shaking hands.

The sad part is I can easily picture both of those happening. Man loves a crowd :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom