• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The email would've been fine without it! But instead, we had to shit on EMILY.

It's amazing that the first thing Bernie does to support down ticket candidates, their campaign somehow makes it divisive and stupid.

Also Lucy Flores's district's race is REALLY IMPORTANT to win, so can we NOT fuck this up?
If Lucy Flores isn't the nominee I'll just write her name in!

And Bernie for the Senate race!

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
1) why to the bolded?
2) I will mock them because that is my god given duty and right because Michigan hasn't been relevant since Braylon Edwards could actually catch a damn ball in college

And the Wisconsin Badgers .. Hahahahahahaha.
They aren't even the best college program in the state. That's Wisconsin-Whitewater. At least they've won a national championship.

Respect the Badgers.. Pls.

Oh.. That's your problem.. You should divorce her now because well.. Fuck Notre Dame.

A) Someone else bolded it, alas.
B) Ohio St at Wisconsin will be fuuuuuuuuuun this year. As long as the SEC doesn't win, I'm OK.
C) I will cut you in RL. :p (ND gave her a full ride)

I have never heard this anywhere. I haven't heard anyone downplaying any state except for not having many delegates.

I am pretty sure I saw it here earlier - but it's not a big deal to me cuz primaries do weird things to people. :p

royalan

Let's stop separating Sanders from his own dang campaign. No other candidate on either side gets that luxury.

When the Sanders campaign does something incredibly stupid, tone-deaf, and just plain ???, it doesn't matter if Sanders isn't the one pushing the big red button, it's his name on the campaign. It's Sanders.

User1608

Banned
Let's stop separating Sanders from his own dang campaign. No other candidate on either side gets that luxury.

When the Sanders campaign does something incredibly stupid, tone-deaf, and just plain ???, it doesn't matter if Sanders isn't the one pushing the big red button, it's his name on the campaign. It's Sanders.
Agreed. It's only fair to treat both candidates with equal scrutiny.

Cool kids vote for Sanders, remember this while casting your vote.

635961840508189760-bernie-chella-2_1606899_ver1.0.JPG

Dont you want to be a cool kid?

A) Someone else bolded it, alas.
B) Ohio St at Wisconsin will be fuuuuuuuuuun this year. As long as the SEC doesn't win, I'm OK.
C) I will cut you in RL. :p (ND gave her a full ride)

I am pretty sure I saw it here earlier - but it's not a big deal to me cuz primaries do weird things to people. :p

I do recall the idea thrown out that if red states shouldn't count, then neither should blue ones. But it was suggested sarcastically.

B) Ohio St at Wisconsin will be fuuuuuuuuuun this year.

If nothing else, it can't go worse than it did when Gary Andersen was coaching the Badgers. Seriously, fuck that guy. The only decent thing he ever did was slink off to Corvallis before he could run Wisconsin football completely into the ground.

noshten

No, sorry.

That will still have fuck-all to do with it. You have no idea how much would have been raised with a different approach.

Is okay to be a disingenuous ass if it makes more money come in?

I'm a cynic - not sure what surprises you in my post

Also I think Sanders campaign could go further next time they could have quoted the links between EMILYs list and the Clinton campaign.

While it operates independently of the campaign, EMILY’s List is very close to Clinton — its president, Stephanie Schriock, has been an active campaign surrogate, and Anne Caprara, a former EMILY’s List official, is now the executive director of Priorities USA Action, the main pro-Clinton super PAC. The group hosted former President Bill Clinton at its gala in Washington on Tuesday night.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/bernie-sanders-emilys-list-flores-221913#ixzz45mB7JpBk

hawk2025

Also I think Sanders campaign could go further next time they could have quoted the links between EMILYs list and the Clinton campaign.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/bernie-sanders-emilys-list-flores-221913#ixzz45mB7JpBk

That's not cynicism at all -- on the contrary. You are chomping at the bit to attribute the increase on her fundraising to the tone of the email.

You're gonna hang on to that correlation for dear life based on one observation, and you know it!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Change the candidate and i'd be hard pressed to tell if those were not tea party protesters. "Clinton News Network" really? That's literally a Republican Talking Point.

Yes Sanders should definitely start attacking progressive organizations and accuse them of being the enemy.

Might as well re-double down on Planned Parenthood being part of the establishment.

Let's villanize everyone who isn't in for Sanders

That link isn't denied by anyone; it's completely irrelevant. It does not change the fact that Sanders is smearing EMILY's List, accusing them of withdrawing support from prominent women politicians specifically for endorsing him when in fact they have done nothing of the sort.

How can you defend this? An undeniably huge part of Sanders' appeal is that he is above the fray and far removed from the type of politician he continuously tries to paint Clinton (and "the Establishment") as. Is this true or isn't it?

noshten

Yes Sanders should definitely start attacking progressive organizations and accuse them of being the enemy.

Might as well re-double down on Planned Parenthood being part of the establishment.

Let's villanize everyone who isn't in for Sanders

One side villanizes everyone who isn't for Sanders - the other patronizes everyone who is for Sanders

In the end whoever wins the primary is facing Cruz or Trump, so you shouldn't stress this much.

That link isn't denied by anyone; it's completely irrelevant. It does not change the fact that Sanders is smearing EMILY's List, accusing them of withdrawing support from prominent women politicians specifically for endorsing him when in fact they have done nothing of the sort.

How can you defend this? An undeniably huge part of Sanders' appeal is that he is above the fray and far removed from the type of politician he continuously tries to paint Clinton (and "the Establishment") as. Is this true or isn't it?

Would the same email be written if they had endorsed her ?

The links are relevant when raising cash.
Much like how DWS's links are ensuring her opponent is well financed.
There is a certain level of opportunism needed to write a fundraising email. There are certain emotional impulses that need to triggered in order for a person who opens it to take the next step.
It appears Sanders donor base does best when it's fighting the establishment. So the tactic they have employed the entire political season being employed in this instance has not surprised me.

Regarding this particular case it's bad optics to announce an initiative in March regarding increasing the numbers of Latinas in elected office. A month later endorse a white woman who doesn't appear to have much problems fundraising despite not doing well in the polls against a Latina they had previously endorsed. A Latina who appears to have trouble with the fundraising aspect of her campaign that the white woman doesn't seem to have.
I don't have a horse in that race so *shrug*

Cipherr

Yeah I'm done with Bernie and his raggedy campaign. Full on conservative talking points and behaviour. Same old bury your head in the sand and ignore the polls/math nonsense; along with the "either you are with us or you are evil" nonsense, and completely out of place self loathing and insistance that you are being 'oppressed'.

NY can't come soon enough, and instead of being somewhat understanding, I'll just sternly not give a rat's ass as the loooong inevitable comes to pass. Forget this nonsense. Got a November to prepare for.

Bernie has a much broader base to build a winning coalition on, there is an article in AP that found how Sen. Clinton's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting Sanders.
There's a pattern emerging here

I might have Clinton Obama & Sanders mixed up a bit

Broader as in a demographic that is bigger than others? Bernie, I say does not have a broader coalition to build because mainly, his base comes mostly from whites with small number minorities. While Hillary's support basically splits the total white vote while having support among nearly all minority groups. Racially, her support is more broader, age wise it really isn't, but the same could be Bernie in a sense. Of course, Bernie could build a coalition if he wins that better includes minorities, but that really doesn't mean much because so can Hillary with white Americans.

One side villanizes everyone who isn't for Sanders - the other patronizes everyone who is for Sanders

In the end whoever wins the primary is facing Cruz or Trump, so you shouldn't stress this much.

Delegitimizing progressive organizations can hurt them in the long run.

I mean a fake video killed ACORN.

Progressive groups can be hurt by villainization.

I think there's great concern when we're facing the rise of Tea Party Left and what it means going forward for those of us who still value pragmatism in politics.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think there's great concern when we're facing the rise of Tea Party Left and what it means going forward for those of us who still value pragmatism in politics.

That's a great summary of how I feel. I see two remaining questions though.

1.) Does this group disappear after the convention?
2.) And just how big is that core group we keep referring too?

Tesseract

Banned
Yeah I'm done with Bernie and his raggedy campaign. Full on conservative talking points and behaviour. Same old bury your head in the sand and ignore the polls/math nonsense; along with the "either you are with us or you are evil" nonsense, and completely out of place self loathing and insistance that you are being 'oppressed'.

NY can't come soon enough, and instead of being somewhat understanding, I'll just sternly not give a rat's ass as the loooong inevitable comes to pass. Forget this nonsense. Got a November to prepare for.

people have been saying this since he started running, it'll never not be funny

Suikoguy

people have been saying this since he started running, it'll never not be funny

Thanks to the internet, people have been saying everything since forever. But quite a few posters here, even on neogaf, are now former sanders supporters due to the last few weeks of his campaign. It has markedly changed from the man who said "Everyone is tired of her Emails" to the guy who says She is not qualified to be president.

I think this term is hyperbolic and mainly being exaggerated based on extremely vocal supporters on the internet and some on ground. I don't believe the people that is being referred to are important or a big deal. I think this Left Tea Party is mostly individuals that always been that way and always been there ( everyone that is left-wing basically ignored them or wasn't really considered about them, I seen these people all the time on Gaf, but only recently they are getting scrutiny and getting challenged), but now coming out of the wood work because Bernie is the candidate that has been saying what they been thinking for a long time, but they barely partake in politics besides the occasionally petulant and insolent bitching on the internet. This " Left Tea Party" aren't a organized, politically active group more like a collective term of random people that are far-left, or have very specific single issue view on something like being against corporations. Seems like a bogyman and many of you guys are blowing it out of proportion .

Suikoguy

I think this term is hyperbolic and mainly being exaggerated based on extremely vocal supporters on the internet and some on ground. I don't believe the people that is being referred to are important or a big deal. I think this Left Tea Party is mostly individuals that always been that way and always been there ( everyone that is left-wing basically ignored them or wasn't really considered about them, I seen these people all the time on Gaf, but only recently they are getting scrutiny and getting challenged), but now coming out of the wood work because Bernie is the candidate that has been saying what they been thinking for a long time, but they barely partake in politics besides the occasionally petulant and insolent bitching on the internet. This " Left Tea Party" aren't a organized, politically active group more like a collective term of random people that are far-left, or have very specific single issue view on something like being against corporations. Seems like a bogyman .

True, it could poof with the convention. It's hard to say if it's going to be a long term 'group' so to speak. But many of the parallels are there (sans outside funding), and they are increasing weekly. So many of us pragmatists are getting concerned; if you can see where we are coming from.

royalan

You know the answer to this. Pretending Bernie was above the fray went out of the window when they gloated about stealing delegates in Nevada.

Tesseract

Banned
we needn't sweat that stuff, 2008 was a bloodbath by comparison. as for the rise of the so-called tea party left, i can't think of a better generation to fight for the downtrodden than millennials, we're completely unmoored from institutions.

Cipherr

Nah, its definitely not that. I know people like saying it, but its not even remotely close.

That's a great summary of how I feel. I see two remaining questions though.

1.) Does this group disappear after the convention?
2.) And just how big is that core group we keep referring too?

Absolutely vanishes as we approach the midterms. Worst case scenario, they stick around and we finally have turnout at midterms but I doubt it.

True, it could poof with the convention. It's hard to say if it's going to be a long term 'group' so to speak. But many of the parallels are there (sans outside funding), and they are increasing weekly. So many of us pragmatists are getting concerned; if you can see where we are coming from.

There's a certain point where pragmatism and spinelessness meet, and in the eyes of the "Tea Paarty of the left," that time happened a few years ago. In another thread, I talked about how Dems backtracked from Obama's positionsinstead of standing with them, and how Dems seem to just be afraid of their own success. Now the Progressive Wing smells blood, and they've been galvanized by big ticket successes and mounting opposition from a similarly galvanized right. We can still be pragmatic without throwing what we stand for under the bus. I would like a Democrat, please, not a socially liberal Republican. The whole strategy needs to be changed, and it CAN be without compromising what makes Third Way the Third Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom