• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You wanna Senate body?
You wanna win the Twitterati?
You wanna debate and go potty?
You better work bitch.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Well that was fun, I just blocked my Uncle who ended up being a Benghazi truther. Claims he has a friend who has first hand knowledge of the attack. But that's not what got me to block him. What did? He claims he knows what happened in Vietnam when he served for 2 weeks on a ship and then got sent home with an Involuntary Discharge. His feet never touched the ground. To use a lie of that magnitude to make his point is offensive.

*sigh*

Now my parents are pissed since I blocked him on Facebook.

Well that was fun, I just blocked my Uncle who ended up being a Benghazi truther. Claims he has a friend who has first hand knowledge of the attack. But that's not what got me to block him. What did? He claims he knows what happened in Vietnam when he served for 2 weeks on a ship and then got sent home with an Involuntary Discharge. His feet never touched the ground. To use a lie of that magnitude to make his point is offensive.

*sigh*

I mean, lying about being in the military is something that I can't imagine most people reacting non-negatively to..?

Crayons

Banned

*sigh*

personality disorders are a helluva drug

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I mean, lying about being in the military is something that I can't imagine most people reacting non-negatively to..?

My parents are on the "don't stir up any trouble for any reason" bandwagon. Me calling him out on his bullshit was over direct message, after which I told him he won't be hearing from me again and blocked him.
Edit: To further clarify, I did not message him, he messaged me initially.

Bill Clinton took aim at Bernie Sanders supporters on Friday. "I think it's fine that all these young students have been so enthusiastic for her opponent, and it sounds so good, just shoot every third person on Wall Street and everything will be fine," Clinton told NBC News, according to reporter Brad Jaffy. Clinton later said that "that's a joke, it's a total joke."

Why won't Bill Clinton go away ;_;

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Tax time is awful for me. I'm on track to make a little less than $15,000 this year and I'll still probably owe a good $2,500 in taxes to go with the $9,000 in back taxes I owe. Don't start a small business if you can't make money at it. The IRS gives no shits about how broke you are.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Still it's April 2016

Gotta cut Schniderman off, he's had his eye on a run for a while now. In NY the AG's office is a straight shot to the governor's mansion due to all the anti-fraud powers they have.

This is kinda boring. All these people just keep thanking each other.

Sounds about right.

Kev is this what all rich people meetings are like?

It's political function, that's what they eventually turn into. Whole thing is a networking opportunity to help create fundraising lists.

Gotta cut Schniderman off, he's had his eye on a run for a while now. In NY the AG's office is a straight shot to the governor's mansion due to all the anti-fraud powers they have.

Sounds about right.

It's political function, that's what they eventually turn into. Whole thing is a networking opportunity to help create fundraising lists.
Lol Schneiderman is here too

Trouble

Banned
Maddow is just dragging Kasich right now for being super sexist and condescending to women all the time. You know people say he would win the GE, but I get the feeling Hillary would eat him alive.

hawk2025

Maddow is just dragging Kasich right now for being super sexist and condescending to women all the time. You know people say he would win the GE, but I get the feeling Hillary would eat him alive.

That's why I think the Kasich threat is a little overrated.

His major weakness is what Clinton can get him the most on.

Suikoguy

That's why I think the Kasich threat is a little overrated.

His major weakness is what Clinton can get him the most on.

Seriously, you could see record Women turnout in such an election. (though, Trump may cause that anyway, lol)

Yeah, It would literally be Obama/Romney all over again.

He would win Ohio, but other than that it would most likely play out similarly.

hawk2025

Oh My God, the Bill Clinton joke got an OT thread.

I know, we shouldn't comment on OT threads here. But... I have no defense for myself, I guess.

I cannot wait for First Gentleman Bill Clinton. It's going to be so fun, so much ether, so much shade.

Y2Kev

Oh My God, the Bill Clinton joke got an OT thread.

I know, we shouldn't comment on OT threads here. But... I have no defense for myself, I guess.

I cannot wait for First Gentleman Bill Clinton. It's going to be so fun, so much ether, so much shade.

Frankly, I think Bill's actually right and doesn't need to joke. I was told that I am one of the "worst people imaginable" today by MIMIC. I am pretty sure I know more about wall street in my little finger than most, and I'm pretty tired of the vitriol that gets directed at us innocent upstanding members of the community.

Suikoguy

Frankly, I think Bill's actually right and doesn't need to joke. I was told that I am one of the "worst people imaginable" today by MIMIC. I am pretty sure I know more about wall street in my little finger than most, and I'm pretty tired of the vitriol that gets directed at us innocent upstanding members of the community.

That makes me wonder if it's just the lack of encounters with the 'Bankers' they like to hate on. Kinda like how acceptance of Gay people is improved as people meet more of them.

The only ones that make the news are ones that fuck up.

Y2Kev

I cloned myself and then stacked the mod team with my clones. I'm like FDR except I don't want to give poor people free shit.

edit: IN THE SPIRIT OF BILL CLINTON I WILL STIPULATE THIS IS A JOKE

Yeah, its why I don't have a problem with Hillary not releasing the transcripts

Bernie has such a hate storm for Wallstreet brewed up that unless Hillary walked out on stage and said "I hope every one of you vile pieces of scum get drowned in a sack down by hudson river.", they wouldn't be satisfied, or she would be a corporate shill for not demanding they are all sentenced to eternal damnation.

Bernie has such a hate storm for Wallstreet brewed up that unless Hillary walked out on stage and said "I hope every one of you vile pieces of scum get drowned in a sack down by hudson river.", they wouldn't be satisfied, or she would be a corporate shill for not demanding they are all sentenced to eternal damnation.

"Thanks for having me"

HA Goodman: Clinton thanked the people who crashed the economy, Sanders has just won the nomination

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I think I'll skip watching this last Dem debate. Caught some highlights on CNN, and between that and the commentary here, doesn't look like I'd learn anything or get any enjoyment out of it (and I think the crowd would just wind me up).

The primaries just feel like hard work now on both sides actually. Wish we could just fast foward to the conventions.

IN THE SPIRIT OF BILL CLINTON I WILL STIPULATE THIS IS A JOKE
Or is it?

So, I figure I'll cross-post a fun tidbit. The tax returns thread brought to my attention that Bernie Sanders is likely a millionaire and will earn the equivalent of a top 10% salary upon retirement in Congressional pension (separate from Social Security).

FUCK!

Suikoguy

ivysaur12

Banned

Die Cis Wallstreet Scum

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Let's not do this. He also endorsed two women of color.

This isn't a good look for either side.

Welcome to what identity politics will look like in 2020. :/

Seriously, you could see record Women turnout in such an election. (though, Trump may cause that anyway, lol)

I was gonna say, compared to Trump? Kasich couldn't even strive to be as bad as Trump on that front currently.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Him chartering a private jet that holds over 200 people goes against everything he has said. It's amazing he had the gall to do that, he would jump all over Clinton for doing the same thing with her campaign donations.

Um...you guys realize he is banned from flying anything but charter, right? He would have to charter a plane of that size to go over the atlantic.

EDIT: Smallest he could do is a gulfstream, and that would be more expensive than a Delta 767 right now, lol.

jaekeem

I actually detest how he paints things as "free"

Nothing is "free". It's so disingenuous, and that's a criticism independent of whether or not I agree with his end goal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Um...you guys realize he is banned from flying anything but charter, right? He would have to charter a plane of that size to go over the atlantic.

EDIT: Smallest he could do is a gulfstream, and that would be more expensive than a Delta 767 right now, lol.

Not everyone realizes that sort of thing. Hell, I know Bernie supporters who think he flew coach out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom