• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely don't support direct democracy in every case. We have seen the disastrous effects that it can have. Who gives a crap about superdelegates right now? They aren;t helping hilary win as she will destroy bernie in votes and regular delegates. It's a pointless debate. If the republicans actually had a good shot at winning this year I sure as hell wouldn't want trump or cruz as the nominee.

ant1532

Banned
How we know HillGAF is right?

1. Have you seen how attractive Ivy is?
2. A man that hot cannot be wrong.
3. Go to 1.

The Spice Girls: Bringing people together since forever.

If posting selfies is what it takes, I'm ready. Pm me
I was a baby spice fan :x

Not gunna lie I was too.. She was so cute my lawd. But sporty spice to this day is still beautiful, and she killed it on the eric andre show, I loved how down she was, great personality.

Daniel B·;201145212 said:
The Clinton's saying they've donated $15 million to charity, when they gave 99% of that to their own tax exempt 501(c)(3) foundation...

Oh boy, let's not go down this road.

- Okay, so first and foremost. No duh. Of course she'd donate most to her own charity. That's kind of how it works for people who own their own charity. Go ask Bill Gates about that.

- The Clinton Foundation is a trusted (A ranked) charity with an insanely low overheard (12%, that's crazy for a charity that size) that does tons of great work around the world.

- Let's ask Bernie which charities he dona... oh wait, we can't, because he forgot to give us that paper.

If you're a Bernie support, abandon all hope ye who use this argument. It's not a road that you want to travel down, because it's 100% transparent on everything the foundation does, so there's no secrets or anything. There's no "maybe she'd steal money from it" or anything to go by at all.

Kangi

It's okay man, I'll use my non existent vote to vote for Bernie :p

#feelingthebern
#ishouldseethedoctor

No need for a doctor.

Tp0fxZk.gif

I'm sorry, but that deserves mockery :p
Eh, I've been getting steady theatre work with it, but unfortunately not to a point where I don't need a day job (yet). Me and a buddy are talking (very early) about starting a theatre company, I'd really like to run a community theatre.

I might end up going back to school for an MFA in Directing, but I've also given serious consideration to law school. Who knows.

ant1532

Banned
OMG NOOO I'VE BEEN CONFUSED. I THOUGHT SPORTY SPICE WAS SCARY SPICE.

I'm sorry my love is with scary spice!!!! Sporty is great too though. Mel B, I'm sorry </3

Iolo

No Democrat who believes in Democracy should defend or gloat about Superdelegates. If the Supers supported Bernie from day one that would be just as undemocratic as them supporting Hillary right now.

Well, Hillary's large superdelegate lead wasn't a problem for Obama in 2008. But unlike Obama, Sanders realized too late that you have to work within the party to take it over.

CCS

Banned
No need for a doctor.

Tp0fxZk.gif

This is fantastic

Eh, I've been getting steady theatre work with it, but unfortunately not to a point where I don't need a day job (yet). Me and a buddy are talking (very early) about starting a theatre company, I'd really like to run a community theatre.

I might end up going back to school for an MFA in Directing, but I've also given serious consideration to law school. Who knows.

I'm messing with you, that' really cool :)

OMG NOOO I'VE BEEN CONFUSED. I THOUGHT SPORTY SPICE WAS SCARY SPICE.

I'm sorry my love is with scary spice!!!! Sporty is great too though. Mel B, I'm sorry </3

dVDJiez.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Well, Hillary's large superdelegate lead wasn't a problem for Obama in 2008. But unlike Obama, Sanders realized too late that you have to work within the party to take it over.

Well, Obama also realized you have to win delegates to win super delegates.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I encourage everyone to follow their passion or they will never be good at his or her job. Going to work and hating it is the worst feeling in the world.

pigeon

Banned
I am actually kind of annoyed with Bernie about the Pope thing, but specifically because he apparently forgot that Francis is a head of state and so it's actually totally inappropriate to be interacting with him while running for the presidency.

I am glad that the Pope, judging by his statement, remembers this, but I guess you can't survive for thirty years as a Latin American communist Jesuit without learning a thing or two about staying out of politics.

Trouble

Banned
Well, Obama also realized you have to win delegates to win super delegates.

I kinda wish there was some sort of prohibition against superdelegates pledging their support publicly. It means nothing since they can change their allegiance at any point, the only thing that matters is their vote at the convention. It just muddies the waters, lets people play math games and gets people screaming 'undemocratic'

I encourage everyone to follow their passion or they will never be good at his or her job. Going to work and hating it is the worst feeling in the world.

I compromised. I went into the field that I am naturally very good at and pays well. I'm not passionate about it, but I don't hate my line of work either. I'd rather just not work at all, TBH.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I kinda wish there was some sort of prohibition against superdelegates pledging their support publicly. It means nothing since they can change their allegiance at any point, the only thing that matters is their vote at the convention. It just muddies the waters, lets people play math games and gets people screaming 'undemocratic'

I don't have a problem with that. But the media should at the very least exclude them from comparisons made of the state of the race.

Most of the media does not include them thankfully.

They could not keep track of them, but this is the internet, someone will.

pigeon

Banned
I expect this kind of rhetoric from right wing Republicans (like the way they talk about Obama's presidency), not progressive Democrats. Whether you support Bernie for president or not, claiming he is a nobody grossly distorts the last 40 years of his career. I have disagreements with both Bernie and Hillary, but I would never claim either one of them is "irrelevant" and the political discourse could definitely use some more respect and dignity at this point.

No Democrat who believes in Democracy should defend or gloat about Superdelegates. If the Supers supported Bernie from day one that would be just as undemocratic as them supporting Hillary right now.

Superdelegates are almost all elected officials, so it's more or less an elected position. What could be more Democratic than that?

Seriously, I'm kind of baffled by this idea that the only democratic system is one in which you can walk on off the street with no party affiliation and win the party's unquestioning support for the highest office in the land. That's not democracy, that's being a Mary Sue. If you want the support of the party, you have to put the work in over time. I don't see why that is unreasonable.

I'm messing with you, that' really cool :)
Thanks! There are definitely days where I'm hard on myself for picking a "useless" major, but I really don't know what else I would have done. My other choices were animation or political science (which I ended up getting a minor in). Polisci would have given me a leg up for law school if I end up going that route I guess, but all the same.

One of my professors was both a playwright and a lawyer, so it's definitely a route I'm considering (playwriting is becoming my main focus).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I have a Master's in Biology. I graduated in 2014. I still don't have a job and I don't even qualify for medicaid in my state.

I win.

Are you me? Replace biology with Computer Information Systems.

Although, i've only been applying for jobs i'd like to work at because i've been taking care of my mom who has MS, Addison's, and Degenerative Disc Disease. She's been through 2 spinal surgeries since I graduated.

Piecake

I disagree with you but I admire and respect your consistency.

The problem with democracy and the primaries is that primaries themselves are incredibly undemocratic. Caucuses are the the major violator here, but even if it were just primaries they still wouldn't be very democratic because barely anyone votes in them. Only the most die-hard vote in primaries and it stands to reason that a candidate with a huge die-hard following could capture the nomination but actually not be representative of the democratic party and the majority of democratic voters on the whole.

CCS

Banned
Thanks! There are definitely days where I'm hard on myself for picking a "useless" major, but I really don't know what else I would have done. My other choices were animation or political science (which I ended up getting a minor in). Polisci would have given me a leg up for law school if I end up going that route I guess, but all the same.

One of my professors was both a playwright and a lawyer, so it's definitely a route I'm considering (playwriting is becoming my main focus).

Like they say, do what you love! If at the end of it you end up doing something you enjoy, then whatever got you there was a good call.

CCS

Banned
Is anyone else really disappointed by Hillary's use of fight song?

Such a rubbish song. Like erghhh.

Cool for the Summer is where it's at gurl :p

EDIT: Top of page. No regrets.

ampere

I just failed my second Binding of Isaac run today with a good set of items. Tried to do the boss gauntlet with ??? and only 3 hearts and I done fucked up. Picked up Ipecac in there but hurt myself with it a few times

Mess. Awful

I just failed my second Binding of Isaac run today with a good set of items. Tried to do the boss gauntlet with ??? and only 3 hearts and I done fucked up. Picked up Ipecac in there but hurt myself with it a few times

Mess. Awful

I love Binding of Issac.

My PS4 is fucked, so I'm SOL right now. I should buy it again on Wii U.

At this rate we're going to have like 15 PoliGAF OTs for 2016.

We had like six in 2012. Guess you could attribute that to the primaries on both sides being way more interesting.

Plus SCOTUS is more clearly on the line.

pigeon

Banned

Mess. Awful

Ipecac seems way too dangerous for ???. You played youtself, sad to say.

I believe in you though, get back on that horse.

Yea this sounds nice in portraits to hang in a dentist's office but its BS for most people. My passion is playing PS4 and watching good stuff on TV. I work in professional IT and have people working for me and I also make nice bank. But I'd rather play PS4 in my basement all day. FFXV cant come soon enough.

Well I spent the last day in Ohio. It was okay but then I felt John Kasich's women hating presence and had to leave.

To go back to Pence's women hating presence.

On my way back, I drove through small town southern Indiana. Tons of yard signs for local politics but I saw only one among the presidential candidates. I don't think it'd be hard to guess which.

This thread title is bullshit.

I'm contesting the results. There were long lines! There was early voting. FRAUD.

Also, David Beckham totally walked by me and I had to....take care of some things. He disenfranchised every single gay man in this thread. (So everyone, really...)

This is ridiculous.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yea this sounds nice in portraits to hang in a dentist's office but its BS for most people. My passion is playing PS4 and watching good stuff on TV. I work in professional IT and have people working for me and I also make nice bank. But I'd rather play PS4 in my basement all day. FFXV cant come soon enough.
well find a way to make that a job

CCS

Banned
This thread title is bullshit.

I'm contesting the results. There were long lines! There was early voting. FRAUD.

Also, David Beckham totally walked by me and I had to....take care of some things. He disenfranchised every single gay man in this thread. (So everyone, really...)

This is ridiculous.

Some of us cast ballots for both parties I'll have you know :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom