• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

There is a demand within many insurance companies to pay out as little in insurance claims as possible and maximize profits. UHC is such a company and they provide a lot of junk dental and healthcare plans. I'm not surprised they bolted given that people who buy into the exchanges actually use their insurance.

I tend to think there's a pretty clear path to single payer here, and it's not something that hasn't crossed the minds of folks who wrote the bill as well as many journalists who continue to cover it. If you increase the Medicaid income requirement threshold and increase Medicaid reimbursement fees (which probably entails a tax increase) you can slowly work towards a Medicare For All type reality.

I'd suggest changing the name as well, to avoid the stigma of Medicaid. It worked for Stringer Bell.
I have UHC and they've been really good (max out of pocket like 2.5-3K for a year), but they've all been employer-sponsored plans, and they're definitely expensive.

Crayons

Banned
Insurance is bullshit. I fell on the street and someone called an ambulance and they kept insisting that I go to the hospital. I reluctantly gave in after a while and my insurance didn't cover the ambulance bill. what the hell am I paying for?? Next time I'll walk myself home, thanks.

Also got billed for a CT scan that I never got?

kirblar

Insurance is bullshit. I fell on the street and someone called an ambulance and they kept insisting that I go to the hospital. I reluctantly gave in after a while and my insurance didn't cover the ambulance bill. what the hell am I paying for?? Next time I'll walk myself home, thanks.

Also got billed for a CT scan that I never got?
Were you on your deductible?

Nah, he's definitely not running as an independent and he'll most likely concede after the last primary. California being so close and so late means he'll stay in to keep his score as close to Clinton's as possible, but he's not going to the convention.

I don't like the tone of Bernie's campaign lately, but any talk of an independent run is just diablosing.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The time is 9PM and polls are closing on the east coast and we have a projection to make.

*music*

At 9PM nbc news can project that donald trump is the winner on the republican side with a "significant" win.

Doot doot doot

At 9PM nbc news can project that Hillary Clinton is an evil alien bitch who will be in jail soon. Now to mika and Andrea Mitchell for more on this story

The time is 9PM and polls are closing on the east coast and we have a projection to make.

*music*

At 9PM nbc news can project that donald trump is the winner on the republican side with a "significant" win.

Doot doot doot

At 9PM nbc news can project that Hillary Clinton is an evil alien bitch who will be in jail soon. Now to mika and Andrea Mitchell for more on this story

Bernie fans should just be hoping for a "too close to call" after polls close

Other than insurance companies being greedy and all that, the real problem with healthcare costsis the massive amount of waste incentivized by a shitty payer system (not related to single vs multi payer, talking about how physicians and hospitals are reimbursed) that rewards defensive and shitty medicine. There needs to be a lot of nonsexy restrictions placed on how medicare reimburses doctors and then we can start to adjust the cost curve toward pretty much any other country. Alas the people in power that can lobby benefit from the status quo so it will take a while for incrementalism to work.

Touchdown

Banned
Just voted, there were 2 tables, one for democrats, one for republicans. They were explaining to 2 guys with trucker hats how to fill in the bubbles on the ballot at the republican table. I assumed they were first time Trump voters. We had paper ballots. Filled in the bubble for Hillary and through the machine it went.

c16a2919f8.gif

Trancos

Why do we always freak out with exit polls, haven't we proved again and again that we are awful at getting anything useful from them. It's like an addiction, we know it's bad for us we just love the ride.

User 406

Banned
I tend to think there's a pretty clear path to single payer here, and it's not something that hasn't crossed the minds of folks who wrote the bill as well as many journalists who continue to cover it. If you increase the Medicaid income requirement threshold and increase Medicaid reimbursement fees (which probably entails a tax increase) you can slowly work towards a Medicare For All type reality.

Yeah, there's a lot of good paths forward with this. Like Unca Joe said, the ACA is a big fucking deal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just voted, there were 2 tables, one for democrats, one for republicans. They were explaining to 2 guys with trucker hats how to fill in the bubbles on the ballot at the republican table. I assumed they were first time Trump voters. We had paper ballots. Filled in the bubble for Hillary and through the machine it went.

c16a2919f8.gif

Did you fill in for delegates too?

Is this big?

Seems medium-to-itsfuckingnothing tier... but who knows

Endorsement incoming.

Why do we always freak out with exit polls, haven't we proved again and again that we are awful at getting anything useful from them. It's like an addiction, we know it's bad for us we just love the ride.
I think you would be right if there was early voting, I think with no early voting it could be more of a indicator

I haven't looked at the math lately but iirc Trump winning Indiana could put him back on the path towards winning the nomination outright. What if Trump offered Pence the VP spot in exchange for an endorsement. Doubt it will happen, and obviously IN will be tough for Trump to win given the amount of #NeverTrump+Cruz work being put in there...but it's interesting nonetheless.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wolf trying to stoke that DEAD HEAT shit with bringing up how Bernie did in Vermont.

I haven't looked at the math lately but iirc Trump winning Indiana could put him back on the path towards winning the nomination outright. What if Trump offered Pence the VP spot in exchange for an endorsement. Doubt it will happen, and obviously IN will be tough for Trump to win given the amount of #NeverTrump+Cruz working being put in there...but it's interesting nonetheless.

That would certainly be interesting.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
oooh so those were the delegates!!!! ok good because I chose more on the Clinton line than the Sanders line.

This is what mine looked like:

So I voted Hillary and picked all the Clinton delegates.

Wow.

That might be the biggest news today. Indiana could be ballgame on Trump getting to 1237.

I'm just hoping, I don't actually know for sure or have any sources saying that.

Yeah, there's a lot of good paths forward with this. Like Unca Joe said, the ACA is a big fucking deal.

Except getting universal health care doesn't mean costs will be controlled. Both are important topics. ACA did decent work in both but given the enormous political capital required and the reluctance of either party to restart that battle in a meaningful way, we probably should have gotten a bit more out of the ACA given that healthcare still remains a commodity instead of a utility or w/e (hence the enormous amount of waste, shitty incentive structures like DRG's and fee for service still widely employed, inability to bargain for drugs, etc etc.).

Big fucking deal it is only because of how shitty healthcare was before, not that it did much to even bend the cost curve.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why has no one polled Indiana

Christ

If I'm trump I go camp in that state for the remainder of the campaign

Touchdown

Banned
This is what mine looked like:

I'm just hoping, I don't actually know for sure or have any sources saying that.

Mine had Bernie on the left, with names underneath him and Clinton on the right side with names underneath her. I still don't understand why they don't make all the ballots the same statewide.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mine had Bernie on the left, with names underneath him and Clinton on the right side with names underneath her. I still don't understand why they don't make all the ballots the same statewide.

Me either, but a few places had special elections going on today so that's probably why.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
If he's accomplished his goal of preventing the Democratic Party from moving to the center on finance in the general, which maybe he has, do you think now he will stop firing salvos into the very legitimacy of the party?

Considering we've seen what someone actually firing salvos into the legitimacy of a party will do in Trump, I'm pretty sure Sanders is doing nothing of the actual sort.

Clinton puts hot sauce on everything and doesn't sweat. TV tells me she is either a Roswell alien or an iZombie.

iZombie.

This is wrong. Bernie regrets not going negative early in the campaign. They didn't stay positive early on because they were being good sports, they were positive because Bernie thought they would win. Once they started losing repeatedly at the ballot box, he started breaking all the limits they had previously put in place. They thought they were Obama '08.

This is not someone who's aware they're on a Quixotic campaign.

...he can't be legitimately that not self-aware, right? I could have sworn there were multiple articles during his winning spree where his campaign talked about how surprised they were at their success, and how it actually moved him to trying to go for a win rather than just push the issue. But there's no way he thought from the beginning he was Obama '08, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom