• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
she had to go to work. (I'm not sure whats up with it to be honest, I'll keep you guys informed)

Having to work at her age?

Fuck, in Clinton's America we're all going to work until we're dead.

I'm kidding. Get it gurl! WERK! Yaaasssss. Sorry, that's as straight acting as I can be.

And miss out on insightful commentary like this?
9hVUrea.png

His Fleshlight can breathe a sigh of relief

Slayven

#SignsYoureABernieSupporter

is trending on twitter

an yeah.....I don''t know who started it, but it is probably not what they expected

In my experience, "authentic" Chinese places have worse food than big chains like PF Chang's or Stir Crazy.

tumblr_m6wxwdWCJQ1qlvwnco1_400.gif

Good, authentic Chinese food is GOAT, mate. Shit is just on point.

I just realized that Barney Frank is me in like 50 years. Legitimately just as much of a snarky bitch as I am. <3

User 406

Banned
An interesting conundrum I've always wondered. How long will it be until Hispanic Americans are as loyal to the Democrats as AAs are?

I'm gonna give it seven months or so.

"Obama won't even say the name of who we're fighting against"

Weird, Obama mentions "Republicans" on a more or less daily basis.

Yup. I had to rewind. He was talking to Trump about how he gives nicknames to people. He went "big ears, big hands... Oops that's you!"

Cut to commercial and trump was STEWING

This LBJ style attack ad just popped into my head, fully formed:

BLACK SCREEN

(child's voice singing)
SINGING VOICE: He's got the whole world, in his hands, he's got the whole world, in his hands

(fade and slow zoom in on a toy globe being barely held up by a pair of baby hands)

(child's voice singing)
SINGING VOICE: He's got the whole world, in his hands, he's got the whole world-

(the globe topples out of the baby's hands)

BLACK SCREEN
(loud shattering noise)

NARRATOR & CAPTION: VOTE FOR HILLARY CLINTON ON NOVEMBER 8TH. THE STAKES ARE TOO HIGH FOR YOU TO STAY HOME.

NeoXChaos

I'll be honest, I don't know that I could have done it. Definitely not to the extent she did. The Obama people weren't smelling like roses against Clinton either, but she kicked ass at the convention. When I met her during the General, a couple of us told her we had volunteered for her during the primary. And she actually asked "I hope you're working as hard for Senator Obama as you were for me?" Not snarky. Not bitchy, legitimately grateful we worked for her. I gained like 90,000 respect points.

The way she was able to nominate him and give that speech at the convention with so much grace was just amazing to me. There was no bitterness or anything on her part (at least in public.) No way, no how, no McCain.

Her temperament is one of the things I most admire. After the shit she's been through, I would freaking be flipping off anyone who dared look at me wrong.

its very likely he going to put her name into nomination at the convention.

Ce1xg3BUUAAaVW0.jpg:large

This kinda stuff is why I can't support bernie. I don't know how you can be so ignorant to the opposition party and its supporters

I didn't.

He can say that the media created Donald Trump but it's a reciprocal relationship. He has to realize that people actually agree with what he is saying. Some people honestly just choose to be racist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc. no matter how much information they get.

its very likely he going to put her name into nomination at the convention.

Can I be an asshole for 30 seconds?

OH GOD I NEED THAT TO HAPPEN. I want to watch Reddit BERN when that happens.
: cough :

That would be a lovely touch, and I think it would be a nice way to unify the party.

NeoXChaos

That would be a lovely touch, and I think it would be a nice way to unify the party.

I meant Obama. They could allow Bernie to do it too but I don't see him doing what Hillary did in 2008. Walking out on the convention floor and releasing his delegates. Devine and Weaver would never allow it.

Bill can't do it because he is night one of the convention

Meowster

I'll be honest, I don't know that I could have done it. Definitely not to the extent she did. The Obama people weren't smelling like roses against Clinton either, but she kicked ass at the convention. When I met her during the General, a couple of us told her we had volunteered for her during the primary. And she actually asked "I hope you're working as hard for Senator Obama as you were for me?" Not snarky. Not bitchy, legitimately grateful we worked for her. I gained like 90,000 respect points.

The way she was able to nominate him and give that speech at the convention with so much grace was just amazing to me. There was no bitterness or anything on her part (at least in public.) No way, no how, no McCain.

Her temperament is one of the things I most admire. After the shit she's been through, I would freaking be flipping off anyone who dared look at me wrong.
The more I learn about her (currently finishing up her first memoir), the more I've seen how adaptive and straight up gracious she can be. She did make mistakes closer to the end of the primary but she also learned from those mistakes very quickly and worked overtime to mend any damage that was made and worked her strongest to unite the party as whole. It's kinda sad that the public persona people have of her is a snaking "bitch," so to say, when she has spent a good portion of her life devoted to helping people and quickly responding and reacting (and OWNING up) to her mistakes. Those are admirable qualities. I really hope she gets to be our President.

Kyosaiga

Banned

You know what'd be nice?

"We may have started on separate journeys but today our paths have merged and we're all heading toward the same destination."

"Today I am standing with Sen. Obama to say, 'Yes, we can!' " Clinton said.

And Obama does this.

"Eight years ago Secretary Clinton and I both joined hands together after the end of and incredible journey as colleagues...and ultimately friends. We stand together at a tipping point of American history.

Today I can stand with Mrs Clinton and proudly say, "I'm with Her!"

The more I learn about her (currently finishing up her first memoir), the more I've seen how adaptive and straight up gracious she can be. She did make mistakes closer to the end of the primary but she also learned from those mistakes very quickly and worked overtime to mend any damage that was made and worked her strongest to unite the party as whole. It's kinda sad that the public persona people have of her is a snaking "bitch," so to say, when she has spent a good portion of her life devoted to helping people and quickly responding and reacting (and OWNING up) to her mistakes. Those are admirable qualities. I really hope she gets to be our President.

Are you reading Living History? I preferred that one to Hard Choices. Hard Choices is so heavy on foreign policy. Sooo heavy. She's brilliant, though.

shem935

Banned
I think the nominee will be Cruz after a floor fight.

Discuss.

If they are going to steal it from Trump why not give it to someone more palatable? Sure no one other than those two meet the requirements to be given the nom but those requirements could easily be changed.

I thought about going but the Bronx is like an hour hike for me. I might try to snag some stuff from bernie's NY HQ. Its like a 10 minute walk from my house in Gowanus.

Also I'm going to a New York Democratic Conference in like 2 weeks. Hillary is supposed to be there and I might get facetime with Schumer and Gilibrand plus a ton of state politicians.

If he does something in brooklyn I'd probably stop by. I'm gonna try to see if I can find tickets to the dem debate if it happens.

Iolo

This LBJ style attack ad just popped into my head, fully formed:

BLACK SCREEN

(child's voice singing)
SINGING VOICE: He's got the whole world, in his hands, he's got the whole world, in his hands

(fade and slow zoom in on a toy globe being barely held up by a pair of baby hands)

(child's voice singing)
SINGING VOICE: He's got the whole world, in his hands, he's got the whole world-

(the globe topples out of the baby's hands)

BLACK SCREEN
(loud shattering noise)

NARRATOR & CAPTION: VOTE FOR HILLARY CLINTON ON NOVEMBER 8TH. THE STAKES ARE TOO HIGH FOR YOU TO STAY HOME.

Quoting this whole thing because it is incredible and must be made to happen.

ivysaur12

Banned
If they are going to steal it from Trump why not give it to someone more palatable? Sure no one other than those two meet the requirements to be given the nom but those requirements could easily be changed.

I don't think they'll give it to someone who didn't run like Paul Ryan. I think Cruz has easily been the best organized and will prove formidable on the floor of the convention.

Meowster

Are you reading Living History? I preferred that one to Hard Choices. Hard Choices is so heavy on foreign policy. Sooo heavy. She's brilliant, though.
Living History and it has been a great read so far. I bought both of her memoirs (I also bought Bill's and Obama's). I've followed the primaries in the past and voted in 2012 but this is the first time I've been really involved and browsing through PoliGAF has really helped motivate that. So thanks y'all. <3

You know what'd be nice?

And Obama does this.
D7Snr.gif

If they steal it from Trump, giving it to Cruz through a floor fight gives them some amount of cover. The establishment can claim they had no control over what the delegates did, wink wink. Bringing in someone else just looks terrible. As long as Cruz wins it by following the rules on the floor, and they don't change them to be more favorable to him, they can claim a certain level of ignorance.

ampere

I don't think they'll give it to someone who didn't run like Paul Ryan. I think Cruz has easily been the best organized and will prove formidable on the floor of the convention.

He's basically Trump policy-wise though. I don't think he has wider appeal or more willingness to tow the party line.

I think they try to give it to someone who isn't running.

shem935

Banned
There is no way Cruz would pivot to the center for a general. He is the pure conservative. Every cycle where they say "Oh if only a true conservative would run blah blah blah" and Cruz is the test of that theory. And it would fail miserably. It might be a good thing in the end to get people to shut up about being a true conservative but then they could just use the fact that Trump is running interference to say he messed it all up and we are back at the cycle again.

Edit: I'm not really disagreeing I guess. Cruz seems like he is the pick least likely to set things on fire. Just amazed at how boxed in the GOP are right now it's amazing. The obstructionist freshmen Senator who embraces pastors calling for the death gay people is the GOP's next best option.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Discuss.

I've been on this train for days now. I say 95% chance.

I also predict it is a total disaster. There is no cover for this--they will actively go against the will of the voters. About half the party will revolt. Delgates being courted behind the scenes doesn't change that fact.

There is no way Cruz would pivot to the center for a general. He is the pure conservative. Every cycle where they say "Oh if only a true conservative would run blah blah blah" and Cruz is the test of that theory. And it would fail miserably. It might be a good thing in the end to get people to shut up about being a true conservative but then they could just use the fact that Trump is running interference to say he messed it all up and we are back at the cycle again.
Yup. There's always an excuse.

ampere

You'll just get "no true Scotsman" claims from people who say he's not "real conservatism".

Cruz is still toxic, but the GOP gets to say "Well, shit, he's bad but he's not Trump bad!" Trump makes Cruz look palatable. Let that sink in.

I'd take Trump over Cruz hands down

I loathe them both...but from an electoral standpoint, with Cruz you know what he's going to do. He's a politician. He's predictable. Trump is a lose canon. He'll fire in any direction at any time. He'll say something on Monday, reverse it on Tuesday, and create a faux outrage on Wednesday. He's harder to pin down. Cruz, you know what you have. There aren't going to be any LOL voters for him.

royalan

Discuss.

I think they're fucked no matter what. To the point that even arguing degrees of fuckeditude almost doesn't matter. It's like arguing which is worse: your house being destroyed by fire, or a tornado. The house is gone either way. lol

Trump gets the nom: the GOP gets murdered in November.

Cruz takes the nom in a floor fight: Well, the GOP has been so transparent with its #StopTrump movement that there's no way Cruz getting the nom won't be attributed to that, no matter what "it's the rules!" excuse the establishment gives. Party revolts and splinters, gets murdered in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom