• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

Hillary gets indicted.
It ends up Donald "I'm more honest and my women are more beautiful" Trump vs Sanders.
Bloomberg enters the fray.
Nobody gets to 270.
Paul Ryan picks the new President.
Hello President Romney.

I don't think they will chose romney if that actually happened. He isn't liked that much anymore.

All initial reports about this email thing have been wrong, so it's best to wait a couple of days for the real answer.

Wasn't Shuster the guy suspended for saying something about Hillary in 2008?

Bowdz

So they're going to interview Hillary and decide on indictment soon I guess: https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/715357591459782656

Is there reason to freak out about this or is it just speculation?

High stakes game bro.

On the one hand, there are some 150 FBI agents involved in the case at this point according to recent articles and interviews are what can legally make or break cases.

On the other hand, most legal experts don't think there is any chance of Clinton receiving an indictment especially after the precedent that was set with Petraeus.

Either she is vindicated by a thorough investigation or an indictment lands and 2016 goes into a fucking tailspin.

No one really knows how this shit will go down in the end.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
So they're going to interview Hillary and decide on indictment soon I guess: https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/715357591459782656

Is there reason to freak out about this or is it just speculation?

There...is some reason to freak out. She did fuck up pretty badly in terms of the security clearance aspect. If it were some random schmoe doing that in the military; the demotion would have been swift and painful. The Washington Post did a fairly in-depth article about the whole thing, and it looks like she basically just wanted to use her blackberry no matter what, regardless of what security was telling her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...301168-e162-11e5-846c-10191d1fc4ec_story.html

High stakes game bro.

On the one hand, there are some 150 FBI agents involved in the case at this point according to recent articles and interviews are what can legally make or break cases.

On the other hand, most legal experts don't think there is any chance of Clinton receiving an indictment especially after the precedent that was set with Petraeus.

Either she is vindicated by a thorough investigation or an indictment lands and 2016 goes into a fucking tailspin.

No one really knows how this shit will go down in the end.

It was never 150. It's 12.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-agents-working-clinton-email-inquiry-n548026

Hillary gets indicted.
It ends up Trump vs Sanders.
Bloomberg enters the fray.
Nobody gets to 270.
Paul Ryan picks the new President.
Hello President Romney.

Only problem with this is the House must pick from among the top three finishers in the Electoral College.

Kyosaiga

Banned
Trump created yet another firestorm on Wednesday afternoon, when he lamented the existence of the Geneva Conventions. “The problem is we have the Geneva Conventions, all sorts of rules and regulations, so the soldiers are afraid to fight,” Trump said at an afternoon town hall.

Holy shit.

Whoever the Democrats' version of Lee Atwater is probably salivating right now.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Holy shit.

Whoever the Democrats' version of Lee Atwater is probably salivating right now.

Trump v Sanders would be such a shitshow.

You have Trump who has no idea how things work, you have Sanders who understands how the government works, but not how the opposition party works. The one advantage Sanders might have is learning how shitty your opposition really is, is quicker to overcome than having to learn how the government and international politics work.

Welp. I'm a moron that needs to go retake government 101.
In such a situation, I'm honestly not sure if Ryan would pick Trump or Bloomberg.

The fact we don't know for sure, might be the best summary of the GOP Dumpster Fire™.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Welp. I'm a moron that needs to go retake government 101.
In such a situation, I'm honestly not sure if Ryan would pick Trump or Bloomberg.

Bloomberg.

Half the reason the GOP are afraid of Trump is that, in addition to destroying the party, they're afraid he'll destroy the world if he does win.

Straight male in poli-gaf who can cook!!!!

I do all the cooking (and grocery shopping) in my family, which probably explains why my wife is with me. I really outkicked my coverage.

Since everyone loves making asparagus and it's in season, buy a couple pounds and make some creamy asparagus soup. Asparagus, a yellow onion, heavy cream, vermouth, lemon juice, and a Ninja is all it takes.

I have recipes for days.

dramatis

Just to clarify on how many parts of this story are amazing:

1. Trump keeps a book by Adolf Hitler near his bed and reads it often.
2. Trump DOES NOT KNOW WHICH BOOK BY ADOLF HITLER IT IS, DESPITE READING IT OFTEN.
3. Trump thinks it is a reasonable defense to say that a Jew gave him the book.
4. The guy Trump thinks is a Jew ISN'T EVEN A JEW, HE JUST WORKS IN HOLLYWOOD AND SO TRUMP ASSUMED HE MUST BE A JEW.
The FF15 steam made me sad, so thanks for this bit, it has cheered me up

NeoXChaos

West Wing Reports ‏@WestWingReport 2m2 minutes ago
First electoral college update in a year shows Clinton w/347 electoral votes -an easy win over Trump (UVA Ctr. for Politics Crystal Ball)

Electoral college: Clinton right now has 190 safe, 57 likely, 100 leaning. Trump: 142 safe, 48 likely, and 1 leaning (UVA Ctr for Politics)

Just to clarify on how many parts of this story are amazing:

1. Trump keeps a book by Adolf Hitler near his bed and reads it often.
2. Trump DOES NOT KNOW WHICH BOOK BY ADOLF HITLER IT IS, DESPITE READING IT OFTEN.
3. Trump thinks it is a reasonable defense to say that a Jew gave him the book.
4. The guy Trump thinks is a Jew ISN'T EVEN A JEW, HE JUST WORKS IN HOLLYWOOD AND SO TRUMP ASSUMED HE MUST BE A JEW.

How did I miss this.

The White Nationalism candidate. And people are like "oh no, white supremacists don't really have a problem with Jews that's just blah blah blah."

Jesus fuck.

The worst part about the email thing is it's been hard to get any objective reporting because pushing the "she's totally being indicted" narrative sells. Like there'll be an article that has a few new sentences about people being interviewed but no explanation as to what that possibly means besides "who knows it could go either way".

Well thanks I couldn't have reached that conclusion on my own

First electoral college update in a year shows Clinton w/347 electoral votes -an easy win over Trump (UVA Ctr. for Politics Crystal Ball)

Electoral college: Clinton right now has 190 safe, 57 likely, 100 leaning. Trump: 142 safe, 48 likely, and 1 leaning (UVA Ctr for Politics)
Oh god yes. Ima need a doctor.

NeoXChaos

West Wing Reports ‏@WestWingReport 4m4 minutes ago
Clinton right now favored in all swing states: CO, FL, IA, NV, NH, OH, VA. "difficult to see" Trump getting any (UVA Ctr. for Politics)

West Wing Reports ‏@WestWingReport 1m1 minute ago
While Clinton favored in all swing states, four usually red states "less secure for GOP than usual": AZ, GA, IN, MO (UVA Ctr for Politics)
I can start that early inauguration shopping.

Tubie

Cruz will be the nominee if Trump can't reach the 50% number.

In the end that's the best outcome for democrats. Some Trump supporters will hate Cruz enough not to vote for him, making this thing very easy for Hillary in the GE.

Cruz will be the nominee if Trump can't reach the 50% number.

In the end that's he best outcome for democrats. Some Trump supporters will hate Cruz enough not to vote for him, making this thing very easy for Hillary in the GE.

The Presidential election isn't really the concern anymore, it's the downticket races and Trump is still by far the most damaging there.

Tubie

The Presidential election isn't really the concern anymore, it's the downticket races and Trump is still by far the most damaging there.

Yea this is true, but I think Cruz is toxic enough to have a similar (if not the same) impact in that regard.

The greatest thing about this election is that Trump already poisoned the well, so no matter what they do, they are fucked.

Bowdz

sIZhb.gif

Bowdz

The greatest thing about this election is that Trump already poisoned the well, so no matter what they do, they are fucked.

Exactly. Cruz has taken the most extreme, right of Trump position on immigration. His voter share with latinos will be demonstrably worse than Romney. That's the whole ball game eight there. Rubio, Bush, and Kasich were the only candidates that wouldn't get utterly destroyed with the demographic and they are all unpalatable to the base.

pigeon

Banned
I don't know what to guess. Part of me says it'll still be Trump and the delegate hoarding is a backup plan, so the party is prepared for having the option. Another part of me is that so much preparation into this backup plan says it is THE plan.

I'll be reading about the events and hope nobody dies.

I think assuming that the GOP just has one plan is an error at this point. Part of the point of this cycle is that the establishment couldn't even pick their favorite establishment candidate even when the consequence was letting Trump win a bunch of states where winnowing the field earlier would have made his life much harder.

The coalition is so fractured that the establishment isn't even working with one mind any more. I think some people are earnestly planning for that brokered convention while others are already trying to find a way to let Trump win gracefully.

bRPVRji.jpg

Lawd, can we change the Constitution so that Canadians can run for President. Someone open a window and get me a fainting couch. Jesus is a biscuit, let hims sop me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom