• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross tabs in a single national poll don't break any "narratives" borne out by actual results we've seen. Also, notwithstanding winning the white vote in itself isn't a bad thing, they split that vote in this poll. Sanders problem isn't that he's winning the white demographic, it's that when it comes to large important racial demos he's typically only winning them.

You seem very intent on this whole narratives thing. When really no one cares what people online think ultimately if it does or doesn't pan out at the polls.

I would disagree. It aligns with actual results we have seen in certain states that have been neglected or ignored. It seems that the narrative get into dichotomy territory: he has the support of minorities or he doesn't. The reality is more complicated than that.

I am very intent because I love critical discourse analysis. :p.

The Berniecrat take over is happening!

noshten

It was introduced to encourage employment of disabled people, so I'm sure some will make the argument that fewer businesses will hire disabled people with it gone. If there's any truth to this still, the discrepancy is probably better addressed with something like a tax credit.

As for why someone like Bernie hasn't proposed it, I imagine because you have to either be a wonk or actively go out and listen to people instead of preaching to them in order for this to even be on your radar.

Except you are full of c***

https://berniesanders.com/issues/fighting-for-disability-rights/

It's frankly just significantly easier to talk monoliths if we're discussing broad trends. I mean we can talk about state level results, like Illinois Hispanics or about tiny caucuses of Inuit in Alaska. But it seems somewhat redundant unless you can pull out the why and nobody seems to be. The point seems to be more about dispelling a very real problem with his campaign.

Argyle

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Primarying the superdelegate rep against someone who doesn't live there seems like a bad strategy.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. The challenger lives here now but seems to be in his 30's and has lived here off and on for maybe 6-7 years, starting when he was stationed here when he was in the military.

I wouldn't call myself in tune with the problems here enough to run for Congress and I was born here, am older than he is, and I've lived here for over half of my life.

I'm sure he's a nice guy who means well but there's no way I'd ever vote for him.

noshten

It doesn't mention the minimum wage thing. So don't talk like that without the receipts to back it up.

Maybe read up what the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is before talking about receipts.

Article 27 - Work and employment

1. States Parties recognize the right of persons with disabilities to work, on an equal basis with others; this includes the right to the opportunity to gain a living by work freely chosen or accepted in a labour market and work environment that is open, inclusive and accessible to persons with disabilities. States Parties shall safeguard and promote the realization of the right to work, including for those who acquire a disability during the course of employment, by taking appropriate steps, including through legislation, to, inter alia:

Prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability with regard to all matters concerning all forms of employment, including conditions of recruitment, hiring and employment, continuance of employment, career advancement and safe and healthy working conditions;
Protect the rights of persons with disabilities, on an equal basis with others, to just and favourable conditions of work, including equal opportunities and equal remuneration for work of equal value, safe and healthy working conditions, including protection from harassment, and the redress of grievances;
Ensure that persons with disabilities are able to exercise their labour and trade union rights on an equal basis with others;
Enable persons with disabilities to have effective access to general technical and vocational guidance programmes, placement services and vocational and continuing training;
Promote employment opportunities and career advancement for persons with disabilities in the labour market, as well as assistance in finding, obtaining, maintaining and returning to employment;
Promote opportunities for self-employment, entrepreneurship, the development of cooperatives and starting one’s own business;
Employ persons with disabilities in the public sector;
Promote the employment of persons with disabilities in the private sector through appropriate policies and measures, which may include affirmative action programmes, incentives and other measures;
Ensure that reasonable accommodation is provided to persons with disabilities in the workplace;
Promote the acquisition by persons with disabilities of work experience in the open labour market;
Promote vocational and professional rehabilitation, job retention and return-to-work programmes for persons with disabilities.
2. States Parties shall ensure that persons with disabilities are not held in slavery or in servitude, and are protected, on an equal basis with others, from forced or compulsory labour.

http://www.un.org/disabilities/convention/conventionfull.shtml

Maybe read up what the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is before talking about receipts.

Protect the rights of persons with disabilities, on an equal basis with others, to just and favourable conditions of work, including equal opportunities and equal remuneration for work of equal value, safe and healthy working conditions, including protection from harassment, and the redress of grievances;
I believe that would be used to justify the current wages. I don't think it's explicit enough.

Cat

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. The challenger lives here now but seems to be in his 30's and has lived here off and on for maybe 6-7 years, starting when he was stationed here when he was in the military.

I wouldn't call myself in tune with the problems here enough to run for Congress and I was born here, am older than he is, and I've lived here for over half of my life.

I'm sure he's a nice guy who means well but there's no way I'd ever vote for him.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I believe that would be used to justify the current wages. I don't think it's explicit enough.

Yeah, and the other issue I see is barrier to alternative employment is very low.

"But Suiko! Why are you for the minimum wage increase!?"

Because the minimum wage increase has a much higher barrier to alternative employment. You would have to move your employment overseas, which in many cases would not be worth it.

I think unfortunately businesses would hire even less people with disabilities, especially those who are unable to match a typical employee work output; especially if they had to pay full minimum wage. One option is to make up the difference with tax breaks or subsidies.

Full of cunt? What on earth were you trying for there, lol.

From that Wisconsin PPP poll

xlmsvsZ.png

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge margin of error though

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seriously no one else here has sampled the wonders of Detroit style pizza? Maybe it's just hard to find. I live in FL now but I'm lucky enough to have place nearby that does it pretty damn good.

This right here. Phenomenal stuff.

thcsquad

Yeah, that's way too vague to call 'ending the disability minimum wage loophole' part of his platform.

And that's OK. Obviously he would back such a bill. It's not the end of the world for someone else to add a good idea to their platform before you did.

Kyosaiga

Banned
“I have earned 9 million votes in the election already,” Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton says after being heckled at New York campaign event.
“I have one million more votes than Donald Trump, and I have two and a half million more votes than Bernie Sanders,” Clinton says after hecklers shout, “If she wins, we lose”

The Bernie people came to say that. We’re very sorry you’re leaving,” Clinton said
“What I regret is they don’t want to listen to anyone else”
“We’ve got to unite and make sure we have a Democrat in the White House in January”
“We actually have to do something. Not just complain about what is happening”

GAWDAMN. Hillary throwing so much shade, might cause a solar eclipse

thcsquad

From that Wisconsin PPP poll

xlmsvsZ.png

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge margin of error though

How many voters was that? The state is 6% black. I'm curious to see how
big of a sample size you need to even arrive at 51% as a valid percentage.

yes, I know that AA is probably more than 6% of likely dem voters

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Spanish for "well well well" but with misspellings. Super millennial meme. You wouldn't believe how hilarious it is.

I don't see reconciliation tbh. I don't think Bernie wants that, since he may want to use that antagonism as capital to create a movement to his image within the party.
Isn't "well" pues?

What is the meme there

How many voters was that? The state is 6% black. I'm curious to see how
big of a sample size you need to even arrive at 51% as a valid percentage.

yes, I know that AA is probably more than 6% of likely dem voters

PPP polled 720 likely Democratic Primary voters

10% said they were black

so, 72.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'm not familiar with the loophole, but I have a feeling it was pushed through with wording such as, 'this will incentivise businesses to hire employees that would not normally be employable.'

The biggest abuser of this IIRC is the Salvation Army - and generally they are the ones who have kept it off the radar for some time.

Both Sanders and Clinton are for getting rid of this (even Obama was at one point, but it was a non-starter IIRC) - Clinton referencing it directly while Sanders wants it as part of a larger push for disability rights due to some international treaty thing.

Also, seeing War Clinton come out...damnit. Even as someone who has been pretty "It's over Sanders"; War Clinton is the Worst Campaigning Clinton, and end of March is definitely pushing it for expecting your main opponent to drop out. Though the not really subtle shots from Sanders to Clinton about her Wall Street ties (admittedly, which is Sanders and oddly enough Trump's entire point about this election) has to be grating on her, and NY coming up gives her some cover for the time being.

Kyosaiga

Banned

I work for Charter.

I choose to donate to Hillary and it'll show that Charter "contributed" to the HRC campaign.

Charter in and of itself cannot donate to Hillary, as A)That'd be illegal as fuck. and B) Even if they could, why would you, when SuperPacs allow unlimited funding and, more importantly, they buy LOBBYISTS, not necessarily politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom