• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaros

RACHEL MADDOW

DEADMAN'S SWITCH

Montgomery Blair Sibley

WHO IS A LAWYER BY THE WAY

HAS A DEADMAN'S SWITCH

DC MADAME

Shut the fuck up, Rachel. You are embarrassing. Ugh.

Rachel has been disappointing this primary season. She has flashes of her normal brilliance but she falls back to the horserace or stories like above.

CCS

Banned
Too many haters, this thread needs cleansing:

colorized-hillaryanimated-gif.gif

giphy.gif

ClintonNodding.gif

bananas

Banned
Can we also add that the Governor of Alabama is so goddamn ugly I can't even imagine how he can have an affair. Can just anyone have an affair these days? Really it used to be reserved for the rich and fabulous. Now any disgusting decrepit old man with bad hair can have affairs.

Note this is different from "cheating on" someone. People on Jerry Springer "cheat on" others. But only fabulous people have "affairs."

"Cheating on" can imply something was wrong with the person who was being cheated on to cause the person to cheat on them.

"Having an affair" people the entire onus on the person actually doing wrong

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I...I didn't do that. Please show me where I did that.

Actually, HE did, lol.
I'm on mobile, and don't always catch the username, and I thought his post was someone elses. Since that is his fucking argument. He has to be trolling.

"Cheating on" can imply something was wrong with the person who was being cheated on to cause the person to cheat on them.

"Having an affair" people the entire onus on the person actually doing wrong

i always interpreted "cheating on" to mean something one off, random, or indiscriminate. Sometimes that other party to the cheating was aware, sometimes not.

"Having an affair" was more along the lines of a long term relationship with a second individual that is PERFECTLY aware of what they're into- frequently both have other partners but no desire to actually leave them.

One is opportunistic, the other is structured and calculated.

lednerg

What a convincing argument. I am truly overwhelmed by the unassailable case you have made.

EDIT: Also, an insult followed by editing it out. Classy.

You are being kind of a dick, though.

Ignoring facts and constantly moving goalposts does tend to upset/annoy people, not exactly shocking news

What am I going to do, list all of Hillary's questionable qualities to the point of making her unelectable for the GE? That's not my plan. I'm in a Catch 22.

Iolo

I read Rosario Dawson led her crowd in chanting "Shame on you Hillary"? This is the kind of campaigning Sanders is okay with?

Armaros

I read Rosario Dawson led her crowd in chanting "Shame on you Hillary"? This is the kind of campaigning Sanders is okay with?

Trying to rile up the 'Hillary should apologize for calling us liars'

Even after multiple journalistic organizations have debunked his attacks and even turned it on him for doing something similar.

I don't think they expected to get called out by the media when they have had basiclly clear sailing from before.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It's a shame the reasonable Sanders supporters stay away, aside from a couple of them. But, really, aside from a huge upset in NY or an indictment, this race was over after her Ohio, Fl, Il + sweep. Not sure what else there is to discuss other than how far Sanders will take things, and continue to dupe college students of money.

This keeps getting more fun. So...

Popular vote? No.
Delegates? No.
Just pledged? No.
With supers? No.
With the Democratic GE coalition? No. (#1 Extremely freaking important.)
Swing states needed in November? No. (#3 Extremely freaking important.)
Endorsements? No.
Actual number of contests won? No.
Voters of literally every demographic other than 18-29s, 14% of the total vote? No.
Total amount of fundraising for the Democratic party? No. (#2 Extremely freaking important.)
Number of donators? Yes.

Seriously? His only "will" is number of people donating. Money. Number of people attempting to influence politics with money. This is beyond ironic.

CCS

Banned
Nah, it's more about the dismissive attitude via the superiority complex.

In response to some of your arguments I listed counter-examples. I then humorously posted some gifs, which weren't aimed specifically at you. I then replied to a comment by you about personal attacks by pointing out that you had done the same. Where in there is the superiority complex?

lenovox1

Some of you are approaching ban territory so I would probably cool it.

Sometimes it's more interesting to let people walk down their own path of self destruction. Particularly ones who deride the use of personal attacks against them and then followed that up by delivering a personal attack against someone who just asked a simple question.

I think it shows "the kids" that politics among liberals and more liberal liberals can be just as fun as and as exciting as discussions between the right wing factions of the US government, amirite?

Can't keep the angry people all to one side.

Armaros

She came off as such an ass there. I thought she was trying to swing
Bernie's voters to her side?

Addressing hecklers trying to paint her as bad as Republicsns?

Against an increasingly aggressively negative Sanders Campagin doubling down on debunked attacks, her responses has been execeptionally mild.

NeoXChaos

Dave Wasserman ‏@Redistrict 5m5 minutes ago
If anything, media has been too generous to Bernie & too desperate to keep Dem race "close" in face of overwhelming evidence to contrary.

GYODX

You're right. Europe already elected it's Trump multiple times.
If you're talking about Berlusconi, then you mean Italy. One European country elected its Trump and a bunch of other Eastern/Central European countries have right-wing parties at the helm.

But if we're going to generalize, a poll posted a couple of pages back in this very thread showed Trump with abysmal favorability ratings in Europe.

Though to be fair, Bernie supporters should probably specify that they mean "Western and Northern Europe" when they're talking about how great Europe is.

lenovox1

What am I going to do, list all of Hillary's questionable qualities to the point of making her unelectable for the GE? That's not my plan. I'm in a Catch 22.

Trust me, boo boo. Everyone here knows her negative freaking traits. Many people here were very, very staunchly anti-Hillary until a year ago. There is no wig to be snatched on this stage, so say whatever you'd like about Hillary.*

*As long as it's not a sexist remark.

ETA: Well, that was fun while it lasted. Who's up for cocktails?

Armaros

I honestly wonder if they're doing this because they think there's more mileage in trying to create a narrative about Hillary refusing to debate than there is in actually debating.

Well it's now backfiring, when one side can put forward the negotiations 'we offered these dates and they rejected'

And the sanders campaign only response is 'but ncaa!' looks pretty bad.

If Bernie can beat Hillary Clinton in the primary, he has my support in the general election!!!

However, so would have Dennis Kucinich!!!

This. I'd vote for pretty much whomever won the Dem primary. I will follow you to the end Lincoln Chafee!

But you have to, you know, win the fucking primary.

CCS

Banned
Well it's now backfiring, when one side can put forward the negotiations 'we offered these dates and they rejected'

And the sanders campaign only response is 'but ncaa!' looks pretty bad.

Serious question, is the NCAA that big? I'm not American so I'm not that familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom