• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, is the NCAA that big? I'm not American so I'm not that familiar with it.

March Madness? Yeah. It is a big deal because it basically is college basketball season to many Americans according to ratings.

It is entertaining as hell, I didn't really watch personally since my college team didn't make it to the "Big Dance".

CCS

Banned
March Madness? Yeah. It is a big deal because it basically is college basketball season to many Americans according to ratings.

It is entertaining as hell, I didn't really watch personally since my college team didn't make it to the "Big Dance".

Ahh okay, thank you for the information :)

Serious question, is the NCAA that big? I'm not American so I'm not that familiar with it.

Not football big, but ya. Personally, I don't like basketball. Boring as all get out. I also can't stand the squeaking shoes.

(I'm all about this Liverpool/Tottenham game atm.)

Said no one ever.

tumblr_m0ruwj7ydz1qe1pmho1_500.gif

CCS

Banned
It's pretty big, it dominates March sports coverage overall. A lot of money in college basketball.

Not football big, but ya. Personally, I don't like basketball. Boring as all get out. I also can't stand the squeaking shoes.

Cheers guys :)

Liverpool v Spurs is pretty close, good win for Wimbledon earlier :)

There are mini-Trumps all over. Berlusconi is more the best analogue. The Netherlands has its Geert, although he's not the head of government. Marine Le Pen looks set to do well in future.

Ahh okay, thank you for the information :)

No problem. It is really fun to get into. 64 teams and upsets galore, there's always a Cinderella team in some capacity. This year's is Syracuse (how the hell did that work out, I do not know.)

Warren Buffett used to have a Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge for a perfect bracket for further illustration.

Basketball > Soccer, Adam.

King James doesn't take this disrespect lightly.

This is Curry's world, we just live in it.

royalan

In a way, I almost feel bad for Sanders. This is a man who clearly doesn't want the ride to end. The hurling of attacks by him, his campaign, and his surrogates is a desperate attempt to keep Hillary from pivoting to Trump, to keep his campaign relevant, to make the race look a little less over than it actually is.

Sanders doesn't want the huge rallies full of people actually listening to him, and not a room full of senators wondering if they're going to get guac or queso in their burrito bowl, to end.

Weaver and Devine want the money to keep pouring in for a little bit longer.

Rasario Dawson wants to remind people that, yes, she is still alive.

And Susan Sarandon...well, she's always been a mess.

CCS

Banned
No problem. It is really fun to get into. 64 teams and upsets galore, there's always a Cinderella team in some capacity. This year's is Syracuse (how the hell did that work out, I do not know.)

Warren Buffett used to have a Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge for a perfect bracket for further illustration.

Basketball > Soccer, Adam.

King James doesn't take this disrespect lightly.

This is Curry's world, we just live in it.

Right response Adam. Hierarchy of sport:

Rugby > Football > everything else.

Effect

Pretty big. However it doesn't really matter though if it's the same night as all the relevant sections of the debate will get played over and over again the next day or later that night on news channels and will be online. The debate will be viewable for all that care no matter when it happens. If a person still can't make up their mind they'll watch the clips. If they weren't that interested to begin with, it being on a different day wouldn't really matter. Especially this late in the game.

If Donald loses it will send a message about right-wing and xenophobia. Hopefully it might motivate people in Europe to vote against right-wing parties .

CCS

Banned
Football = Football (The Real football) > Rugby > Aussie Rules.

Fixed that for you bae.

I'm sorry babe, this is unacceptable. I'm not going to even start a Handegg v Rugby fight, but rugby is way better than football (soccer football). It just is.

I honestly wonder if they're doing this because they think there's more mileage in trying to create a narrative about Hillary refusing to debate than there is in actually debating.

My thought exactly. They might have been banking on her going fuck you I'm winning this we don't need another debate. That would have alliwed them to paint her as afraid and not for the people. Which they could yse to paint themselves as still in the race and the honourable ones

Bernie's campaign is in its death throes. His people are throwing shit at anything and praying something sticks. There's no message anymore other than "Hillary bad, Bernie good."

Iolo

By the way there is currently some insane stuff going on in TN with delegate selection right now. Follow @joelebert29 for live tweeting.

Burke calls slate a travesty, ends remarks; Sam Cooper says there are names on slate that are not what campaigns asked for

Another committee member rising; says everyone knew it was going to be an interesting day

Says infighting and finger pointing has got to stop; called for question but not allowed to do that; someone else called for question

@TNGOP official who has been counting votes says some information surrounding discussion not accurate; says every campaign agreed to slate

Calls slate a compromise decision

Another committee member rising encouraging everyone in room to vote down slate

Committee member who won't support slate says what is going on here is microcosm of what is going on across the country

Nearing one hour of discussion/debate/frenzy over @TNGOP delegate slate

Another attempt to end discussion; will take a 2/3 vote but that quickly fails

.@RyanTNGOP just said "we received death threats last night"

.@RyanTNGOP said his cell phone was also (figuratively) blown up by @realDonaldTrump supporters because someone posted his # online

GYODX

There are mini-Trumps all over. Berlusconi is more the best analogue. The Netherlands has its Geert, although he's not the head of government. Marine Le Pen looks set to do well.
I still think it's a disingenuous statement.

Somebody mentioned Golden Dawn while neglecting to mention that Tsipras got elected while Golden Dawn was arguably at its height. In the midst of economic downturn and racial tension (Greece was dealing with the refugee crisis well before it turned into a big thing in Germany and the rest of the EU), conditions that are favorable to the rise of the right, Europeans still opted for a party with a far left platform as their head of government instead.

And even if you account for MEPs, the rise of the right is totally overstated. Far right parties currently hold 38/751 seats. Fringe parties are just becoming a little less fringe. Nothing approaching the level of support Trump has in the US.

I didn't realize it until just now but Wisconsin has been close for a long time. If Sanders says he came from being 50 points down, he's right. But in October he was actually only a few points down. The 50 point polls were before he was in the race.

I think her internals are showing it fairly close. I don't think she's going to win, but if she can keep him under 52 that's huge win.
And if she actually wins it outright, Bernie's campaign doesn't have much to hang its hat on before New York.

Well there's always the Wyoming caucus I guess lol

The people of Utah, Wyoming and Idaho have spoken!

I'm sorry babe, this is unacceptable. I'm not going to even start a Handegg v Rugby fight, but rugby is way better than football (soccer football). It just is.

This is why Europe is the worst..

By the way there is currently some insane stuff going on in TN with delegate selection right now. Follow @joelebert29 for live tweeting.

What.. the.. hell.
How is something this mundane have this much fuckery? Jesus..

And if she actually wins it outright, Bernie's campaign doesn't have much to hang its hat on before New York.

Well there's always the Wyoming caucus I guess lol

The people of Utah, Wyoming and Idaho have spoken!

Truly, the electoral coalition we need. :p

It's good politics to keep competing there because it forces Bernie to focus there instead of being able to spend time in New York. Keeping him limited makes it harder to compete in the April 26th states. It's all about running the clock out for her.

And Baseball is purgatory

No lies detected. Baseball is shit tier. It's not as bad as cricket, which at least has British charm, but it's pretty damn bad.

That pollster was way far off for the Iowa caucus by the way. Had a Clinton 29 point margin. Don't know if that's caucus bias or what but who knows.

Holmes

I didn't realize it until just now but Wisconsin has been close for a long time. If Sanders says he came from being 50 points down, he's right. But in October he was actually only a few points down. The 50 point polls were before he was in the race.
Maybe Clinton has a reliable base of 42-43% in Wisconsin.

Iolo

I thought something was off about Loras. Still expect a 10 point Sanders victory.

The TN delegate slate was approved 40-25. I hope everyone checked their guns at the door.

Like I said, I doubt she's in the lead. A small loss, though, is a victory, and I'll take it. I would love for her to win it just to make Sander's campaign stop talking for a few days, but I have little real hope.

you are exactly right Slayven.. Can't watch it. I would rather watch Soccer than Baseball.. At least I can get into the Woman's National Team. I do not care about the Men's and can't enjoy the Premier League.

I'm only kidding, couldn't resist that joke :p

Good to see the GOP Mass Fuckery Generator has resumed service.

No, you were just displaying your superiority complex and insulting my country... the hell with you.

I know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom