• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Truly, the electoral coalition we need. :p

It's good politics to keep competing there because it forces Bernie to focus there instead of being able to spend time in New York. Keeping him limited makes it harder to compete in the April 26th states. It's all about running the clock out for her.

No lies detected. Baseball is shit tier. It's not as bad as cricket, which at least has British charm, but it's pretty damn bad.

I still don't know how Cricket is played and why they wear sweater vests and ascots to play it

CCS

Banned
you are exactly right Slayven.. Can't watch it. I would rather watch Soccer than Baseball.. At least I can get into the Woman's National Team. I do not care about the Men's and can't enjoy the Premier League.

No, you were just displaying your superiority complex and insulting my country... the hell with you.

I know. :)

I don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to sports in all honesty. I'm Scottish and there's yet to be a sport invented we aren't shit at :p

CCS

Banned
I still don't know how Cricket is played and why they wear sweater vests and ascots to play it

Cricket is the most civilised game in the world, any game with a break for afternoon tea is clearly superior. The rules are simple too:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

:p

You can only have one - a Clinton victory in Wisconsin, or a Trump victory in Wisconsin. Which do you choose?
tumblr_na4d6xkTN51ttssato1_400.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm stuck at a starbucks deep in the valley getting my car serviced cleaning up the work notes without headphones this is hell AMA

he's already banned so he's not gonna see this post for a while, if ever, but

In all the polling available, Bernie beats Trump better than Hillary beats Trump. Explain why she is the safe choice.

because after 30 years of attacks from the right (including some attacks from the left), after seeing her net favorable rating drop to -10, Clinton is still beating Trump by ~11

without those 30 years of attacks, with a net positive favorable rating, with all kinds of things you'd think would be hugely advantageous, Sanders is barely polling 4 points ahead of that
Explain why she is the will of the people, for that matter.

because she's beating him in every measurable metric except fundraising, which I see you very ironically clung to.
Go ahead and find me a Republican who would ever entertain voting for an elite establishment DNC candidate like Hillary.

[insert results from practically every poll asking this question of GOP voters, where they've all found something like 15-20% of the non-Trump wing willing to entertain this]
Eh, looks like I'm sticking to Something Awful for politics.

at present, SA is the absolute last place I would look for anything approaching sober discussion of politics, and I've had platinum on there for 10 years now

Holmes

Fun fact: I played against this dude once in schools rugby. You've never truly fancied someone until they've trampled you underfoot :p
One time in high school during gym class when I was a freshman (which was the only time I ever needed to take gym), we were doing wrestling and we needed to pair up based on our builds so we can practice wrestling moves on each other, and I got paired up with the guy I had a crush on. It was almost like a dream come true. He started doing that one move on me where you lay on the other person with your arm around their head or whatever, and he ended up breaking my braces. It was embarrassing but ultimately worth it.

CCS

Banned
Wrestling and shotput? And.. Competitive Monopoly?

It's something :p

One time in high school during gym class when I was a freshman (which was the only time I ever needed to take gym), we were doing wrestling and we needed to pair up based on our builds so we can practice wrestling moves on each other, and I got paired up with the guy I had a crush on. It was almost like a dream come true. He started doing that one move on me where you lay on the other person with your arm around their head or whatever, and he ended up breaking my braces. It was embarrassing but ultimately worth it.

That sounds like a teenage dream come true, not gonna lie. Dammmmmn gurl.

Bowdz

You can only have one - a Clinton victory in Wisconsin, or a Trump victory in Wisconsin. Which do you choose?

Trump by far.

I want anything and everything to crush the Tedsticle. DC Madam story, people remembering he's an asshole, the media doing a deep dive story on precisely why he is scientifically the ugliest human male in the US, anything.

Also, I'm betting Sanders will win WI by 15-20 points. He's got it locked up.

It's probably worth noting BLM has actually made moves to transition into influencing policy and members running for public office. Rather than running drum circles or whatever.

Yeah, there's Campaign Zero. And Deray McKesson is running for mayor in Baltimore.

One can argue that BLM was behind the ousting of Tim McGinty in Cleveland and Anita Alvarez in Chicago, so they are getting something concrete done.

What ever happened to NAACP? I saw a thing on CNN recently that said black millenials trust BLM more than NAACP.

I suspect this is an actual distrust of the establishment. They don't think the NAACP has really done anything recently to help the black community.

Also, Rachel Dolezal. Just...Rachel Dolezal.

Bowdz

GJ, Bernie.

Completely unsurprising.

If Kasich is the nominee, his favorables will drop, if Bernie's the nominee, his favorables will continue to drop. Being in the arena means your favorability plummets. The only upside for Clinton is that the GOP have been hammering her hard and early so, barring an indictment or new bombshell, the damage is mostly done and factored in.

Slayven

Yeah, there's Campaign Zero. And Deray McKesson is running for mayor in Baltimore.

One can argue that BLM was behind the ousting of Tim McGinty in Cleveland and Anita Alvarez in Chicago, so they are getting something concrete done.

I suspect this is an actual distrust of the establishment. They don't think the NAACP has really done anything recently to help the black community.

Also, Rachel Dolezal. Just...Rachel Dolezal.
That shit still hurts

AN NO ONE HAS ATTACKED HIM
It is amazing how Clinton hasn't touch him, I understand why she hasn't but it is still amazing. And it is telling that he is the one that started speaking out the side of his mouth first.

ivysaur12

Banned
Completely unsurprising.

If Kasich is the nominee, his favorables will drop, if Bernie's the nominee, his favorables will continue to drop. Being in the arena means your favorability plummets. The only upside for Clinton is that the GOP have been hammering her hard and early so, barring an indictment or new bombshell, the damage is mostly done and factored in.

~it's almost like we've been saying this for months every time a Greenwaldian brings up Bernie's superior electability~~~~~~~

i recall my PE grades actually being based around doing the shit the teacher(s) wanted to do that day, in addition to attendance

(cleveland heights schools were pretty good about that in general, surprisingly)

Where I went to high school, PE grades were based on attendance and if you dressed in the designated PE clothes.

After two football jocks pinned me to a wall and beat me so bad my kidneys shut down, I kinda stopped doing the whole PE thing.

And when the teachers explained that it wouldn't have happened if I wasn't gay, my parents went a little crazy. (As in someone had to physically restrain my mother...)

Bernie 2016: "If everyone had to pay a poll tax to vote, we'd win"

Well if we are being trolled, then it is nowhere near as good as my trolling and therefore I have sympathy for people less rich and fabulous.

If we are not being trolled, then I am just regular sad and confused.

If we get another thread before Cleveland, Poligaf |OT5| If everyone had to pay a poll tax to post, Y2Kev would win

speaking of gym, my gym experience generally consisted of playing basketball about 70% of the time.

Although my school experience had me fail the eighth grade due to attendance and to get out of it, I had to help pack up the school for 8 hours for three days.

After two football jocks pinned me to a wall and beat me so bad my kidneys shut down, I kinda stopped doing the whole PE thing.

And when the teachers explained that it wouldn't have happened if I wasn't gay, my parents went a little crazy. (As in someone had to physically restrain my mother...)

So.. did your mother basically own those teacher's asses or did nothing ever happen?

CCS

Banned

I'm sorry that happened to you bae :(

ivysaur12

Banned

That's so sad :-(

I'm sorry that happened to you bae :(

It's all good.

My parents only got mad because I didn't tell them what happened. I was embarrassed, and I refused to do anything about it until I physically couldn't move anymore. I bounced back. No worries.

That's so sad :-(

It is what it is. I was bitter about it for a while, but I got over it. You can't always fix stupid, so...meh. I healed. I got better. Fuck 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom