• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm okay with him still running following this statement. Even though I definitely don't agree with some of his platform, he did run a campaign that got votes and delegates. He should stay in and try his best to get young people and progressives more involved and say their opinion in the Democratic Party.

Looks like Devine won with a "graceful wind down" strategy against Weaver's idea of "flipping super delegates if we lose Tuesday" strategy.

Looks like Devine won with a "graceful wind down" strategy against Weaver's idea of "flipping super delegates if we lose Tuesday" strategy.

It goes along with Al Giordano's theory that whoever won the battle over the Vatican trip would lose the war after it failed.

Anyway, it's certainly better that he listens to Devine at this point.

He's still pushing certain policies that are anathema to the Democratic orthodoxy and presumptive nominee. And some of them are just bad policy.

But I guess it depends on how he frames it and whether things like the "disastrous trade policies" are used alongside "Secretary Clinton supported" and "that took your jobs."

So, this new method Sam Wang has been talking up is interesting. It was actually developed by one of his commenters, but it seems solid. Almost seems like a successful version of what Tyler Pedigo was trying to do: use Internet data to measure support where polls fail. Takes advantage of Google searches that correlate with a candidates support. It's something to at least keep an eye on as it develops.

Also worth watching to find out why Trump support is so strongly correlated with searching "Degrassi season 13."

He's still pushing certain policies that are anathema to the Democratic orthodoxy and presumptive nominee. And some of them are just bad policy.

But I guess it depends on how he frames it and whether things like the "disastrous trade policies" are used alongside "Secretary Clinton supported" and "that took your jobs."

Well it was his platform so he has to wind that down in some fashion. Most likely he'll get as a platform position one or two ideas, possibly adjusted from his platform, and say "we fought hard and got some victories in the end."

Conversation with my savage girlfriend.

"I just hate Hilary. And I hate her smile because it's soooooo gross. And she's so fake! It's like, STOP trying to be trendy, you're obviously not! She's so dumb. And she looks stupid." "You know she was criticized for not being friendly enough in 08?" "Well now I can see why she didn't smile, like damn! Maybe she should go back to that. And she's so old, people are going to have to help her hold a pen and remember stuff. And she's such a liar!"

Damn I love this girl.

It will never end
Squidwardheaddesk_zps54088388.gif

Paskil

The best part about this election if Trump gets the nomination is that when he loses, you will have the super vocal, fringe ultra conservative right squealing about how they keep losing and would finally win if they just nominated a true conservative. I'm curious how that post-mortem will look and if the Republicans will again fail to take any substantive actions to improve their party standing with the fast changing demographics of this country.

If the left could ever sufficiently mobilize their base to vote in midterms, the Republicans would have to move towards the center because they would be fucked.

"I just hate Hilary. And I hate her smile because it's soooooo gross. And she's so fake! It's like, STOP trying to be trendy, you're obviously not! She's so dumb. And she looks stupid." "You know she was criticized for not being friendly enough in 08?" "Well now I can see why she didn't smile, like damn! Maybe she should go back to that. And she's so old, people are going to have to help her hold a pen and remember stuff. And she's such a liar!"

Damn I love this girl.

Literally words to the cracker eating meme.

ampere

Damn I love this girl.

Wat

Damn I love this girl.

Bernie supporter?

So, this new method Sam Wang has been talking up is interesting. It was actually developed by one of his commenters, but it seems solid. Almost seems like a successful version of what Tyler Pedigo was trying to do: use Internet data to measure support where polls fail. Takes advantage of Google searches that correlate with a candidates support. It's something to at least keep an eye on as it develops.

Also worth watching to find out why Trump support is so strongly correlated with searching "Degrassi season 13."

Searches for Hillary Clinton highly correlated with searches for "Sonic vs. Shadow"

Cg-bJVzWgAA2ZXJ.jpg:large

hawk2025

If I were Clinton, my whole strategy for the debates would be two fold: first, prove you are head and shoulders more qualified than Trump in every regard to be president, and second, try to get him to call you a bitch on stage or make some other sexist remark. She needs to just try and get under his skin like crazy during the debates.

Also, I'm confident the general will in large part be Obama vs. Trump. The president is going to weigh in to a large extent and he is the only person who can get more coverage than Trump. He'll get under his skin more than anyone else.

This all started with Obama humiliating him at the White House dinner.

It will end with Obama crushing his remains after Hillary is done with him.

Bowdz

She doesn't have the strength
She doesn't have the stamina
If she was a man she would be getting 5%

Good luck with that women vote GOP

Yeah, he gave the Dems TONS of material tonight. It is important to remember that Romney won white women by 14 points in 2012. As important Hispanics are as a voting block, just imagine the electoral damage Clinton could do if she dropped that number to 7% or even flipped it in her favor. It will be a bloodbath.

Throwback to that Dark Souls discussion, I turned up my gamma/brightness for Blight-town and it made a gigantic difference. My monitor is really old and has terrible black crush, it just made it so hard to see in ways that I don't think were intended. Been blowing through the game now and I just got the Lordvessel. I was 'spoiled' a bit by that gif someone posted about the arrow-knight on the ledge but it was so hilarious to recognize it from that post. I was so nervous about screwing it up that I almost fell off after killing him.

hoos30

Edwards is a good person, I wish her luck. Nothing was going to stop the golden boy this year.

BTW when Sanders talks about establishment politics...look at the Congressional Black Caucus and all the people who Edwards has supported for years who didn't lift a damn finger to help her. Because the establishment. Granted by many accounts Edwards can be difficult to work with but if she has your back, she has your back.

It wasn't her year. And unfortunately I don't believe she can get Cardin's seat either.

There's gonna be a reckoning in MD if the Dem establishment can't find a black candidate to get behind when Cardin's seat is open.

Throwback to that Dark Souls discussion, I turned up my gamma/brightness for Blight-town and it made a gigantic difference. My monitor is really old and has terrible black crush, it just made it so hard to see in ways that I don't think were intended. Been blowing through the game now and I just got the Lordvessel. I was 'spoiled' a bit by that gif someone posted about the arrow-knight on the ledge but it was so hilarious to recognize it from that post. I was so nervous about screwing it up that I almost fell off after killing him.
In dark souls 2, im stuck at fighting the fume knight and the blue smelter demon, im using a plus 10 bastard sword and one swing does 2% of their life bar . Im never going to beat this game

pigeon

Banned
The Sanders statement is a pretty strong statement that he's done and presumably means he plans to step down the rhetoric.

At least, I hope he plans to step down the rhetoric!

But our long thread-wide nightmare may finally be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom