• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sanders statement is a pretty strong statement that he's done and presumably means he plans to step down the rhetoric.

At least, I hope he plans to step down the rhetoric!

But our long thread-wide nightmare may finally be over.

I hope he also stops soliciting donations. Obviously people are free to spend their money how they want, but at some point it becomes ethically compromising when the campaign is truly dead to continue requests.

Holmes

It's one of the best parts about chat.
Yas bitch. Everyone in chat @ Sanders right now:

tumblr_inline_o4rxxqIsjg1tb0ry4_500.gif

In dark souls 2, im stuck at fighting the fume knight and the blue smelter demon, im using a plus 10 bastard sword and one swing does 2% of their life bar . Im never going to beat this game

I'm really excited to get to DS2 since everyone craps on it so much. Coming to all this stuff late means I have a really different perspective and it's fun to see the ways in which that differs from the original consensus.

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/27/475835464/barring-something-unforeseen-hillary-clinton-will-be-the-democratic-nominee

NPR being one of the most seemingly cautious press I read, I'm kinda surprised they would post this, even if everyone knows it.

Clinton could lose every single remaining contest in every single remaining state by more than 20 points and still get a pledged majority.

That is a virtual impossibility.

But superdelegates should not be excluded. Yes, they won't officially vote until this summer's convention. And, yes, they can vote however they want, but Clinton has a 519-to-39 lead with these elected officials and party leaders. Without Sanders winning the pledged majority, his only argument is that he polls better than Clinton at this point against Donald Trump. That is hardly an argument most seasoned politicians are going to buy at this point.

The bottom line is this: Barring something extraordinary happening, Clinton is going to be the Democratic nominee for president.

Also:

Dave Wasserman
‏@Redistrict
Trump carried every single county and congressional district that voted today. Wow.

"It's like Hillary is this old ass woman who's trying to be hip. And then Bernie is even older! It's so annoying. I just hate old people." I love my girlfriend.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Anyone else get the feeling that the Repubs may rethink the blockade on the Supreme Court pick soon?

They are running out of time.
The longer they wait, the more of a chance Garland will just say "fuck it" and deny the position.

Bowdz

They are running out of time.
The longer they wait, the more of a chance Garland will just say "fuck it" and deny the position.

Yep.

They can't turn back now. There is too much fodder for the Dems to use if they blatantly just turn around if Trump wins the nomination.

Anyone else get the feeling that the Repubs may rethink the blockade on the Supreme Court pick soon?

Their whole public "we won't consider a nominee" position was so dumb. They should have just dragged their feet and then "miraculously" sped things along once it was clear Trump would be the nominee.

Maengun1

Well, I wanted another WallOfWinning gif (not Donald's lol), but all things considered good night. Browsing some of the more rabid Bernie sites it seems the narrative has finally moved from "win 90% of Cali and we're good" to "let's just keep getting as many delegates as possible and we'll be set when Hillary is indicted LOL."

*checks how far away June 7 is*

Really, at this point I should just stop paying attention entirely until the conventions but I have an addiction to following this stuff on an hour-by-hour basis.

Well, I wanted another WallOfWinning gif (not Donald's lol), but all things considered good night. Browsing some of the more rabid Bernie sites it seems the narrative has finally moved from "win 90% of Cali and we're good" to "let's just keep getting as many delegates as possible and we'll be set when Hillary is indicted LOL."

*checks how far away June 7 is*

Really, at this point I should just stop paying attention entirely until the conventions but I have an addiction to following this stuff on an hour-by-hour basis.

I wonder if Sanders will demand another debate lol.

ivysaur12

Banned
I said this in the chat, but I'm pretty sure Garland will get confirmed if Trump is the nominee. Maybe after the election, but he will get confirmed.

Does anyone know the Republican ideological demographics in primary states? It seems that despite around big chunk of Republicans not liking him, anti-trump Republicans aren't voting against him by a lot. In some states the vote is split between Kasich and Cruz, but I am not convinced that if one drops out most of that support would go to Cruz or Kasich. It seems like some Republicans aren't voting.

CCS

Banned
Shame not to get the #wallofwinning, but great night for Clinton regardless.

Rhode Island was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

andthebeatgoeson

What a total joke

Guy is so awful and everyone knows it
My dude made a special arrangement and Kaisch couldn't honor it for 2 days. He's probably taking his 20th shower now.

I really think the Bernie stans just need to go through the stages of grief for a few months. We have 6 straight months of GOP fuckery and non stop Trump incompetence ahead. All the Bernie love in the world can't withstand this assault that is coming up.
Let's just give them time with the body and they'll be begging for Hillary by September.

I hope some of the dopey college kids not paying their loans and eating nothing but pop tarts so they can donate to Bernie give it a rest at this point (for their sake)

I'm hoping for another humble brag campaign ad, where people with not a lot of money brag that they gave up things in their lives in order to donate to Sanders.

For all this talk about money in politics, I think it's funny that it has been Sanders who has seemingly out spent Clinton a lot.

Goddamnit.

Take a hint.

Ecotic

I said this in the chat, but I'm pretty sure Garland will get confirmed if Trump is the nominee. Maybe after the election, but he will get confirmed.
That would truly suck so much. If Democrats slay Trump in the fall they should get a 45 year old intellectual firebrand to inaugurate the era. Democratic Senators better join in and stop Garland.

It would be such a fitting end to Obama's Presidency though. Half a loaf of admittedly meaningful change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom