• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdijoseph

So the deadline to receive absentee ballots is at 5 pm on Friday, and I am mailing my ballot today. Is there anyway to ensure it gets there in time, or should I just use regular postage and just hope it gets there in 2 days (my election office is 3 hours from where I live)?

Ouch.

Maybe Bernie should spend this week shaking hands with everyone in Rhode Island so he doesn't get totally swept on Tuesday? That should only take what, twenty minutes?

Has MSNBC updated that ridiculous blue states-only delegate chart?

Southern states, doesn't count.

Maryland is technically a Southern state :p
Mason-dixon-line.gif

/s

Holy smokes my good man!

I'm not sure how you would unwind SS, but beyond that, are you aware of how underfunded most people are for retirement? All we need is a bunch of incontinent old people around with no money.

I'm not sure why expanding the ETIC has to go along with the destruction of wage floors. Why not have both?

You stay away from my child tax credit and my mortgage deductions.

Would it be wise to run a surplus right now? We have massive trade deficits. We're not really seeing inflation. We need to do infrastructure spending.
For SS, something like Chile's system would be decent.

Wage floors destroys jobs for the poor, that's why the minimum wage should be abolished.

You bring up a good point on the mortgage deduction. It's a hand-out to the rich mostly, and it inefficiently subsidizes home-ownership.

Debt as % of GDP is pretty high right now. By running a surplus now, you leave more room for stimulus when a recession occurs.

Kangi

Gravis poll is garbage for deleware. 5% AA with an expected electorate of 21%

And it still shows him losing.

On the one hand, I wonder if they mess with the screening intentionally to drum up shock results; Benchmark pretty much accused them of such. On the other... their results don't wind up all that shocking, just noticeably inaccurate.

Still find Bernie's campaign hyping that Gravis poll ridiculous.

Holmes

Indiana early voting:
This might help Cruz. If Cruz is bloodied after this massive loss in New York, and it keeps going next week like it seems to be and Cruz places third across the board again, the anti-Trump vote might be split enough for Trump to take Indiana, but these early votes might put Cruz over the top.

For SS, something like Chile's system would be decent.

Wage floors destroys jobs for the poor, that's why the minimum wage should be abolished.

You bring up a good point on the mortgage deduction. It's a hand-out to the rich mostly, and it inefficiently subsidizes home-ownership.

Debt as % of GDP is pretty high right now. By running a surplus now, you leave more room for stimulus when a recession occurs.

Labor is far from a perfectly competitive market, so unless you wanna amend destroy to "wage floors have a small negative impact on the employment prospects of those in the low-skill labor market, and the depth of that negative impact is itself outweighed by the benefits it brings to those that find employment," what you're saying is not supported by much research at all.

Teggy

I dunno, man, that is a pretty specific and clearly visualized alcoholic behavior you claim not to be doing.

"I mean, I'm not hiding Stoli in my sock drawer. I'm not stashing Xanax underneath the toilet in the second stall of the men's bathroom on the 4th floor."

Benchmark's benchmarks:

PA: H 55, S 45
MD: H 66, S 34
CT: H 55, S 45
DE: H 60, S 40
RI: H 53, S 47

incidentally these are right around where i've been expecting each state to fall

maybe a little wider in PA

also on the subject of "policies we want implemented in a best-case november scenario", i want to somehow see more funding allocated directly to cities for public transit. if kasich's gonna shitcan any statewide rail, columbus might as well have another shot at getting it going on a more regional scale

ampere

Glad to see this. Pissed me off a lot that I voted for him and then he talks shit about how our votes don't matter. Not like I chose to live in a red state! It's where I grew up and in state college was cheap. Atlanta is really metropolitan too, mostly the rural areas that make the state go red often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom