• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

CggzCRRXEAAJ9rb.jpg:large

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000154-352c-def9-a557-ffbfbacd0000

more of the letter and article.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/bernie-sanders-south-black-voters-222220

Wilsongt

Bernie Sanders is the only Democratic candidate for president not linked to an FBI investigation. This used to mean something in American politics, but those days are gone. Today, I’m viewed as delusional, by the same people who think smart politics and qualifications entail endless scandals, poor decision-making on everything from major foreign policy decisions to Wall Street speeches, and ongoing FBI investigations. In truth, the only delusion is believing that a candidate at risk of DOJ indictments, and facing political repercussions even without these indictments, would make a great president.

This is actually my favorite thing out of yesterday, tied with the CD that had an effective 340 single votes = 1 national-level RNC delegate because of the location.
I dunno, man, that is a pretty specific and clearly visualized alcoholic behavior you claim not to be doing.
No doubt what his preferred booze is, indeed, and that presumably he does have some under his desk. I'm way too far into schadenfreude territory on his job to watch him give up before the convention.
FEC investigations don't count. Because reasons.

Holmes

You know, I saw Hillary three times yesterday - once when she voted, then she spoke to a building trade unions conference, and then finally her victory speech - and she was wearing something different each time. That's dedication to wardrobe.

johnsmith

remember me
Today, I’m viewed as delusional, by the same people who think smart politics and qualifications entail endless scandals, poor decision-making on everything from major foreign policy decisions to Wall Street speeches, and ongoing FBI investigations. In truth, the only delusion is believing that a candidate at risk of DOJ indictments, and facing political repercussions even without these indictments, would make a great president.

I'm not crazy, you're the one that's crazy

Maybe he just needs a Pepsi.

Wait ... people actually put Bailey's in their cereal? This is a thing? At least a thing enough to make a sort of saying / joke out of it ...

For SS, something like Chile's system would be decent.

Wage floors destroys jobs for the poor, that's why the minimum wage should be abolished.

You bring up a good point on the mortgage deduction. It's a hand-out to the rich mostly, and it inefficiently subsidizes home-ownership.

Debt as % of GDP is pretty high right now. By running a surplus now, you leave more room for stimulus when a recession occurs.

I'm not sure what the difference between a mandatory 401K or pension would be compared to a tax and publicly funded plan. Ideally our SS would be a more progressive tax and the cap lifted.

As has been noted I don't think wage floors are a massive destructive force. If the argument is faster automation, that shits coming anyway.

I disagree that its only a handout to the rich. It's a nice incentive to take out a home loan and has helped every single middle and poor family who's ever owned a home, including mine.

Debt to GDP ratio isn't great but it isn't like Japan bad. The stimulus wasn't targeted at the average person's pocket book and the monetary stimulus the feds provided mostly helped the stock market and not the average american either. I think there's very valid arguments for lowering the yearly deficit, but I'm not sure running a surplus right now would be grat since we're not near full employment of productivity. In short ... I'm not sure our economy could take removing money from the supply.

Wait ... people actually put Bailey's in their cereal? This is a thing? At least a thing enough to make a sort of saying / joke out of it ...

Psh, that's for kids. Real men put whiskey in their cereal.
/s

That was a strangely specific place for Reince to go, though, wasn't it? I've known exactly one person who put Bailey's in their cereal, and that was after a night of carousing on St. Patrick's Day that took a nasty turn. The combination lead almost immediately to vomiting, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
ROGER STONE said:
Unfortunately just because Donald Trump gets the 1,237 [delegates needed to win], doesn't mean we aren't going to have a brokered convention. My sources, who are pretty good in the Republican Party, indicate to me that Ted Cruz intends to work a "rules strategy" to try to euchre this nomination away from Donald Trump.

In kind of a shady, using political trickery and so on, utilizing these Trojan Delegates we have been talking about -- Where Trump delegates, from the results of the primary -- those seats are filled with non-Trump voters, non-Trump supporters who will vote against Trump on procedural issues in either rules or credentials that could be used to take away his majority.

Oh man if the RNC pulled this off...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Remember when sanders went to the Vatican three days before a must win primary

:girllookingatcameraawkwardsmile.gif

Holmes please amend

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The only thing that would probably be worse for the Republicans than a Trump nomination is a Cruz nomination that is the result of subverting the will of the voters.

That may be the best outcome. Cruz winning it via true fuckery pissing off Trump supporters. Cruz refusing to do any moderation in messaging for the general election, and the GOP trying to appear to play nice while stabbing him in the back at every opportunity.

Would be a great miniseries.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
The families misunderstood and misinterpreted what she meant - they probably asked "was this a terrorist attack [in the sense that it was perpetrated by a terrorist group]" and she said something along the lines of "no, this tragedy was a lone incident in response to an anti-Islamic video". She certainly could have worded her response better to be more politically correct and avoid unintentional implications, but she is correct that she was not lying.

Do you have, like, evidence that that's anything like what happened in their exchange?

VRMN

That may be the best outcome. Cruz winning it via true fuckery pissing off Trump supporters. Cruz refusing to do any moderation in messaging for the general election, and the GOP trying to appear to play nice while stabbing him in the back at every opportunity.

Would be a great miniseries.
Game of Bigots

yes let this be over before I get one more goddamned text message from Bernie Sanders supporters telling me how much INTEGRITY he has. I'm in PA for Christ's sake, Sanders ain't winning here!

O4R4en4.png

Don't lose hope now! The future is in your hands!
For SS, something like Chile's system would be decent.

Wage floors destroys jobs for the poor, that's why the minimum wage should be abolished.

You bring up a good point on the mortgage deduction. It's a hand-out to the rich mostly, and it inefficiently subsidizes home-ownership.

Debt as % of GDP is pretty high right now. By running a surplus now, you leave more room for stimulus when a recession occurs.
No, don't touch my SS and don't model it after Chile.

Wage floors are part of living in a modern, civilized society. Those jobs are not humane anyway so no one should work them.

Debt to GDP does not matter. Only deficit to GDP matters, and it has gone down. It has also hit a sweet spot, so we should stay at this level of deficit to GDP in order to maximize government utility. You shouldn't run a surplus, ever, because you are underutilizing the role of government and shrinking the size of the economy.

The mortgage deduction is an important subsidy for home owners. Even if much of it goes to high earners, it still helps people buy houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom