• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
Sold in the high 60s, watched the shares plummet after Wisconsin, but didn't buy back in. I'm regretting that so much.

Ah well, at least you got some decent money out of it.

That's my plan. I won't hang on to them all the way to the convention.

Smart idea, extra profit potentially available isn't worth the risk.

Sold at 72 before he tanked after WI. Thought I was a genius until I see he's in the 80s now. Still made a good profit but I should've held on to them.

Often the way isn't it, make the right, sensible decision but then you see that happen. Still, you made the right call.

S4P being downright rational this morning

I bet if you looked up those posters, they've probably the rational ones the whole time. It's just that maybe the signal to noise ratio is changing enough that they're starting to stand out instead of being over-voted by cheerleaders.

PBY

Banned
Trip Gabriel
‏@tripgabriel Trip Gabriel Retweeted Gary O'Donoghue
Fiorina sighted on a flight to IN yesterday. #veepspeculation

Often the way isn't it, make the right, sensible decision but then you see that happen. Still, you made the right call.

I like having my hands washed of him so I can root for a brokered convention, even though that's seeming less likely now. It was fun to dream for that couple weeks.

Armaros

I bet if you looked up those posters, they've probably the rational ones the whole time. It's just that maybe the signal to noise ratio is changing enough that they're starting to stand out instead of being over-voted by cheerleaders.

The subreddit did have a drop in traffic after NY. The usual craziness returned right before yesterday's primary tho.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
But then one of the top threads is also

Chins up. We keep fighting through the remaining states and deny Clinton the magic number she needs for her coronation, and then we battle it out at a contested convention.

DEMOCRACY AMIRITE?

Teggy

Could be. Is not like there aren't still many posters saying they just need to win by 80 pts in CA, then...

New conspiracy theory: it's not #NeverTrump. It's #JustALittleTrump. If you can't stop him, force an RNC approved VP on him, do everything you can to help him win, and if he takes it, immediately begin impeachment procedures! Checkmate! Good thinking, GOP.

CCS

Banned
Fun fact: one of the top voted threads on r/s4p, about how Bernie can still win, is by a literal 15 year old.

Effect

The way Cenk mumbled under his breath when dude was bringing up the legit point that Bernie hasn't been attacked yet tells you everything.

So unprofessional

Their refusal to even acknowledge this in general has been maddening. I was so glad it was called out.

Oh god, HA Goodman's open letter to the FBI is hilarious. "Dear FBI, please indict Hillary Clinton because that is Bernie's best chance to win the nomination and therefore the presidency. Thanks, HA Goodman"

Teggy

Fun fact: one of the top voted threads on r/s4p, about how Bernie can still win, is by a literal 15 year old.

Doesn't surprise me. So many of the comments last night were, "how can they call MD with 0 votes counted!" A large number of them just don't seem to understand the election process.

Bowdz

It's going to be annoying when Bernie wins a couple of states in a row in May.

MOMENTUM

No, it'll be fine. Again, unless the FBI and DoJ decide to indict her, Clinton has had this race in the bag since Super Tuesday 1: Drake's Fortune. We all need to be kind to Bernie and his supporters and give them the space they need to come around.

CCS

Banned
Doesn't surprise me. So many of the comments last night were, "how can they call MD with 0 votes counted!" A large number of them just don't seem to understand the election process.

The number of people who don't know how the election process works but are certain they know how it works is the very purest example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Ivy had a few choice words to say about that in chat last night. The analogy with Europe doesn't hold up because our demographics are so much more diverse and increasingly so. If the right continues to stick with xenophobia and racism, they aren't going to win the Presidency.

Agreed. I don't really see how a white nationalist can win the presidency in 2020 America. The demographics just don't work and you can't pull anything off with coalitions like you would in parliamentary system. Honestly I've never been particularly impressed with Sean Trende's analysis.

r/politics is morphing out of r/sandersforpresident2 and into r/donaldtrumpforpresident before our very eyes.

It's really something to behold. Mostly seems to be a bunch of people who have completely dropped Sanders because he wasn't a good candidate and he'll likely support Hillary.

They went from subtle racism and minor sexism to flat out blatant sexism almost over night.

Mael

Lawsuit against arizona primary thrown out by judge.

choice quotes :
The suit was filed against Secretary of State Michele Reagan and every Arizona county by attorney Michael Kielsky on behalf of a Tucson man named John Brakey, who says his occupation is "election integrity activist."

During his argument, Kielsky further alleged that 100,000 voters were disenfranchised and that fraud had been committed. He paraded numerous angry voters to the witness stand, but on cross-examination, assistant Maricopa County attorneys were able to show that most of their votes had in fact been counted.

Gass questioned the credentials of the expert witnesses Kielsky and Brakey tried to present. One suggested hackers could have broken into voting databases kept by counties and the Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles. Another said that voting-analysis professionals "voided" his methods because, "They don't want to know the truth."

Brakey himself asked to testify as an expert witness in the case, but said under cross-examination that he had no formal computer or legal training and that he had not published peer-reviewed books or articles on the subject. He was denied the chance to testify as an expert.

Conclusion?
After the hearing, Brakey said he did not intend to appeal the ruling.

"We've achieved what we wanted," he said.

I'm half of a mind to make a thread about this.

Linda Sarsour ‏@lsarsour
Hillary only sees American Muslims through the lens of national security. That's all we are good for. That's why I am #StillSanders
Man I love Linda Sarsour but she has gone full Bernie. It's like a dumb virus that has been infecting everyone.

However she did retweet this, making me believe she will side with Hillary in November
Linda Sarsour retweeted
Matthew A. Cherry
14h14 hours ago
Matthew A. Cherry ‏@MatthewACherry
Which one of y'all is Bernie in the streets but Trump in the sheets? Show yourselves so I can unfollow please.

Presidential campaigns fail to target Indiana college students

In Muncie, the Hillary Clinton campaign is reaching out to Ball State University students by bringing them in as volunteers, said campaign staff member Meaghan Lanane. But the campaign didn't have any events on campus planned, or specific social media campaigns targeting millennials. No candidates have plans to visit Ball State.

When asked what headlines or big stories they remember from this election, the dozen or so Ball State students The Star Press talked to brought up stories about a candidate’s personality or fans. They remember the bird that landed on Sanders’ podium or something crazy that Trump said.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can easily see Trump connecting the failure of Cruz's campaign with Fiorina's failure as a businesswoman.

aTTckr

Since Trump likes Bernie so much, I wonder if Bernie would agree to run as Trump's VP in order to combine for the full on save America from the Establishment ticket. They can say they don't see eye to eye on every position (though at least in terms of economic ideals they are already very similar), but this is the only option to hand power away from the billionaires and give it back to regular people.

Bowdz

CNN has the GOP IN chair on and he says he has it on good authority that Mike Pence is NOT endorsing Cruz which makes the Fiorina VP announcement very likely. I'll give it to Jon Karl though. He predicted on This Week Sunday that Cruz would announce a VP pick before Indiana to shake things up. Good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom