• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Praising the fall of the Berlin Wall seems a bit weird given Trump's "wall" platform :p

Not far off from knocking a former First Lady, Senator, and Sec of State as only having her gender going for her when he has never worked in government at any level. Sad!

agVK5wX.png

Pn34FgM.png

Sianos

Praising the fall of the Berlin Wall seems a bit weird given Trump's "wall" platform :p

I'm disappointed he didn't go all in and defend the Berlin Wall, or better yet say that Germany needs a new wall to keep out the refugees. Some lost potential fuckery, right there!

Crocodile

Honestly, if you were already drinking the Trump kool-aid or were an ardent Republican, this speech probably sounds fine. Maybe I'm thinking too little of those groups though?

LOL YES HE CALLED IT A MESS LOL

David MartoskoVerified account
‏@dmartosko
Trump FP brain trust enters, including Jeff Sessions and Jim Gilmore ...

GILMORE?!

This is where Gilmore hits the RNC with a chair from behind and reveals he was part of the Trump World Order all along, brother.

Sianos

he's reading off of a teleprompter and STILL contradicting himself

oh man that inflection on "CIVILIANS?!" - hilariously done, donny

PBY

Banned
Honestly, if you were already drinking the Trump kool-aid or were an ardent Republican, this speech probably sounds fine. Maybe I'm thinking too little of those groups though?

LOL YES HE CALLED IT A MESS LOL

Yeah this isn't bad. Not good. Not bad for the base though.

Sianos

His inflection is so droll and it sounds like he's reading a bedtime story. It's really bothering me.

Oh no, he's going into the "she said a video did benghazi!!" semantic nonsense! Don't make me dredge up that English 201 lesson I wrote that no one ever addresses again, Trump!

Give Obama three extra points in 2012 and he would have won 241 Congressional districts (30 more than he actually did factoring in the new VA/FL maps). Thanks for the House, Trump.

Is Cruz fucking serious announcing a VP when he won't even be able to get the delegates he needs on the first ballot? God what a moron.

Crocodile

There is the 9/11 name drop :p

Not sure saying it was worse than Pearl Harbor is a good idea. Making any sort of comparison of which military disaster on US Soil was worse just feels like a terrible quagmire to fall into

PBY

Banned
Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like I've heard this exact same speech from GWB, Romney, etc.

Seems fairly standard party line stuff.

We cannot waste one single dollar.

Except on building military things our military says it does not need or want.

Sounds very boilerplate right now.

Crocodile

Wait what did he say about 3D printing? I missed that.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like I've heard this exact same speech from GWB, Romney, etc.

Seems fairly standard party line stuff.

There are a few "Trumpisms" thrown in there and some weird word/grammar choices but overall I agree.

There are like a million topics spread across Gaming-Side. As a summary, what did they do aside from delay everything to March 2017 and look to have a weak Holiday 2016?

That's pretty much it, but it's an absolutely unacceptable decision. Also, Zelda is gonna be the only thing at E3. Sony would be raked over the coals if they ever tried to pull that bullshit.

What the fuck am I supposed to play on my Wii U for 11 fucking months?!!

Thank God I have a steam machine.

This Trump speech is shockingly not awful. I mean, it's far from something that'd be a Clinton standard, but it's extremely coherent! It's obvious he didn't write it and that he maaaaaaybe read it once at most (pronunciations, cadence, inflection all terrible), and he really doesn't care for the teleprompter, but he sounds like a normal human being in this format.

PBY

Banned
This Trump speech is shockingly not awful. I mean, it's far from something that'd be a Clinton standard, but it's extremely coherent! It's obvious he didn't write it and that he maaaaaaybe read it once at most (pronunciations, cadence, inflection), and he really doesn't care for the teleprompter, but he sounds like a normal human being in this format.

This reminds me of the AIPAC speech, but I actually thought that was was legitimately great.

This is the AIPAC speech minus the personable elements.

HylianTom

Banned
My expectations videogame-wise are so low. It's like "Oh, Nintendo is gonna keep making games? Neato! I'm in!"
Me too. I've mellowed-out so much over this stuff over the past decade, to the point where I'm like, "when it releases, it releases."

Thankfully, I love replaying old games. And I still have yet to play Skyrim; that alone (with mods) could keep me busy for a year all by itself.

Still reeling over this Carly news. This cycle just keeps delivering.

Sianos

This Trump speech is shockingly not awful. I mean, it's far from something that'd be a Clinton standard, but it's extremely coherent! It's obvious he didn't write it and that he maaaaaaybe read it once at most (pronunciations, cadence, inflection all terrible), and he really doesn't care for the teleprompter, but he sounds like a normal human being in this format.

Every other sentence contradicts each other, though. We're going to stop nation building - but we need to encourage stability in the Middle East. We need to be unpredictable - which is why I'm listing off this rambling plan of all the deals I will make. We can't afford to spend one wasted dollar because our national debt is so high - which is why we need more bleeding edge hardware the military doesn't want or need to fuel the military-industrial complex. We need to put Russia in their place through showings of strength - which is why need to stop this cycle of mutual aggression.

I mean, not like his support base pays attention from sentence to sentence, but it is really grating to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom