• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still would get a few more delegates out of it than he would before. Every bit helps on the path to 1237.

It'd be nice, but we're at the point where the only individual states that could derail Trump are California and New Jersey, the rest he just needs to do well well in aggregate.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
ChJxwNLVEAAIRDb.jpg:large

Can I use that like a metrocard? Because it looks like a metrocard.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hillary has some smart people working for her this campaign.

Clefargle

Jesus conservatives really do just sit around masturbating to the platonic ideal versions of contrarianism don't they? Even the gatdamm national review stakes their entire identity on "going against the flow." They have no identity of they aren't against something. Fucking gross

I think we can now thoroughly discard the idea that the GOP will steal the nomination in order to give it to Ted Fucking Cruz, of all people.

It's clear now why he picked Fiorina. No one else likes him.

It's really been a huge problem for the stop-Trump effort. People have difficulty really committing when the alternative is Ted Cruz.

Jesus conservatives really do just sit around masturbating to the platonic ideal versions of contrarianism don't they? Even the gatdamm national review stakes their entire identity on "going against the flow." They have no identity of they aren't against something. Fucking gross
Former conservative. This is exactly what I did

fantomena

The GE is gonna be so damn fun and hilarious. Thanks to Trump Im actually gonna follow the GE.

I love Trump.

His shticks, insulting comments and his babbling uncostructed speeches are super entertaining to watch.

I can see the debate going this:

Hillary: "Good thought's and ideas for the future"
Trump: "You are such a damn nasty liar. You don't have the balls to tell the truth. Well that's right, you don't have the balls, youre a woman! HAHAHAHAHA!"

It's amazing to watch the GOP botch the last election they truly had a chance at winning with their current policy positions.

This will be taught in game theory classes for decades to come.

Bernie cuts back from Indiana

Bernie Sanders’ campaign is scaling back its television ad reservation in Indiana — the next battleground in the Democratic primary process — one day after his campaign shed hundreds of staffers in its first significant cutback.

The move will cut roughly $200,000 from his initial buy of $1.2 million, according to a senior Sanders aide who confirmed the shift. Trailing Hillary Clinton by wide margins, Sanders is focusing increasingly on mounting a stand in California and the large states left to vote on the calendar as he looks to pick up delegates before July’s Democratic convention.

The Sanders aide said the campaign's ad cut came after it calculated that it wouldn't need the full buy, given Clinton's lack of spending there.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...rimary-spending-cutbacks-222597#ixzz479X1oxh9

Kasich staying in is smart of the RNC. We've got the polling that shows his support wouldn't just flip over to Cruz; it'd split up, and likely push Trump even higher. I think he'd be above a few WTA thresholds too, if he's not already. The GOP, I think, went about this in the completely wrong fashion. Instead of a ton of candidates early that later dropped, they needed either A) a few candidates early to fight harder against Trump instead of each other, or B) a ton of candidates now to split some more votes up.

They went with C) a ton of candidates basically ignoring Trump early, and now too few of them to siphon off enough of his support. Total mess.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is Bernie still spending money at all? Seems like a waste of donor dollars.

Kasich staying in is smart of the RNC. We've got the polling that shows his support wouldn't just flip over to Cruz; it'd split up, and likely push Trump even higher. I think he'd be above a few WTA thresholds too, if he's not already. The GOP, I think, went about this in the completely wrong fashion. Instead of a ton of candidates early that later dropped, they needed either A) a few candidates early to fight harder against Trump instead of each other, or B) a ton of candidates now to split some more votes up.

They went with C) a ton of candidates basically ignoring Trump early, and now too few of them to siphon off enough of his support. Total mess.

I just don't think Kasich is as relevant as Kasich believes he is. I think all three of these guys are likely to implode in a general election. You're seeing Cruz start to implode with minimal attention as it is.

studyguy

Hillary has Birdman's people working for her to turn those memes into gold quick like he did creating those shirts the next day.
Screen%20Shot%202016-04-27%20at%2011.39.03%20AM_o6auat.jpg

thefro

lol, Bobby Knight can't help himself

Politico said:
During a rally in Evansville, Indiana, on Thursday, the legendary college basketball coach and Donald Trump supporter returned to the stage during the Republican candidate's speech when Trump began to talk about his lack of desire to be "more presidential."

"We gotta talk about this presidential crap just for a moment here," Knight said. "I'll tell you who they said wasn't presidential. I don't even know what the hell presidential means, but they told him he wasn't presidential. And that guy they told all these people that wanted to say, you're not presidential, that guy was Harry Truman."

The Missouri Democrat's name drew applause in the crowd.

"And Harry Truman, with what he did in dropping and having the guts to drop the bomb in 1944 saved, saved millions of American lives," Knight said. "And that's what Harry Truman did. And he became one of the three great presidents of the United States. And here's a man who would do the same thing, because he's going to become one of the four great presidents of the United States."

"Such a great guy. Wow. How do you top that? How do you top that?" Trump said. "You should be very proud of him in Indiana ... That is a national treasure, OK?"

Susan is problematic.

Chris Cillizza
@TheFix
Susan Sarandon: I'm more afraid of 'Clinton's war record ... than I am of building a wall'

In 2008:

What would Jesus do this primary season? “I think Jesus would be very supportive of John Edwards,” Susan Sarandon said at a We-TV voter-registration event November 28. “Edwards has very consistently worked for the poor, for labor, for the middle class. And Jesus was all about people outside the system. The political machines of both parties are completely beholden to corporate interests.” She swigged her beer. “And Jesus was anti-corporate, as we clearly saw in the Temple.”

Edwards supported the Iraq War.

In 2004:

Many former supporters, including filmmaker Michael Moore, actress Susan Sarandon, Nader's 2000 running mate Winona LaDuke and 75 of the original "Nader's Raiders" who worked with him in his consumer activist days, pleaded with Nader to drop out of the race. They said the stakes were too high to take a chance that a vote for Nader would help bring about another four years of Bush.

Kerry VOTED for the Iraq War.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It's amazing to watch the GOP botch the last election they truly had a chance at winning with their current policy positions.

Botch is such a tame way of putting it. But ultimately the issue they ran into was Cruz being 2nd choice by a wide margin. Why this is the case is another mater and issue.

Former conservative. This is exactly what I did

I blame South Park. You can trace the real message behind the show as just being whatever pissed off Trey Parker that year. It's small-town stuff early on, then it's Hollywood liberals, and now he's back to right-wing stuff. Literally a contrarian, and nothing else. And waaaaay too many people getting their politics from it.

At this point, I think he's shifting gears. He clearly doesn't think he can win anymore, and now he's moving to "I want a say in the party." He can't get that if he gets blown out again in a large state (if he lost CA by 10, he'd get completely ignored in the lead-up to the convention). He's trying to save face for influence. I'm not sure if it'll matter. Sanders' supporters make a big deal out of being burned by Hillary supporters, but the reverse is true too, and I can see Hillary doing a lot more to sway his supporters than he would to sway hers.

the video of what I was referencing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcDjmeWQ3Yg

redstate uploaded it for a circle jerk

WOOOOOOW, that dude got rekt. This is the kind of thing that's gonna dog Cruz for months. He's running a campaign with the explicit purpose of ignoring the popular vote because "reasons." That's not going to play well, and it's super hard to argue without getting blasted. Deace ended up looking legit crazy in that segment.

I blame South Park. You can trace the real message behind the show as just being whatever pissed off Trey Parker that year. It's small-town stuff early on, then it's Hollywood liberals, and now he's back to right-wing stuff. Literally a contrarian, and nothing else. And waaaaay too many people getting their politics from it.
I had to stop watching South Park because of that. So much 'both sides are the same' shit

I don't buy that this is RNC planning. As far as I can tell they were pressuring him to drop out quite a ways back and he's just staying in out of stubbornness. I also think Kasich is still a net benefit to Trump. The three biggest states remaining in terms of delegates are either winner-take-all (New Jersey) or winner-take-all by congressional district (Indiana, California). Even if some of Kasich's votes go to Trump, if more go to Cruz then Kasich's presence benefits Trump. Having Kasich siphon off votes is helpful to stop-Trump in proportional states, but net he's benefitting Trump.

PBY

Banned
So long as he's not going for the personal attacks, implying she's bought out by those industries and whatnot, I am totally cool with it.

I'd go further - I think this helps. It keeps his base engaged, and slowly they will move to team hill.

I've actually always liked Bernie.

It's baffling. Too bad they didn't fuck up this bad the last time democrats had a weak candidate following a popular two term president (2000).

Losing isn't the only thing though. They're going to go from having a chance at winning to losing in historic fashion that may define the party for years to come.

I knew it! I was saying all along "once Trump hits the general, we'll see how quickly he starts taking big donations"

“I have a lot of friends who want to give a lot of money to the Republican Party. We're not going to do it until they find out whether or not I win," he said. “I have friends that will give tremendous amounts of money to the Republican Party.”

He's "open to the idea" of taking large donations, which means he'll totally do it the minute he's the candidate.

So much for those Bernie fans who wanted to vote for Trump due to his "principles"

Holmes

Megan Kelly on Trump's women comments: "Some would say he was on television playing a role, being provocative."

DWS: "Megan he said those things on the debate stage... about you."

It disturbs me how often people think that South Park is (a) good satire and (b) from a left-wing point of view. (b) is especially baffling to me given how it lacks subtlety as to its message.

It disturbs me how often people think that South Park is (a) good satire and (b) from a left-wing point of view. (b) is especially baffling to me given how it lacks subtlety as to its message.
I am completely okay that South Park makes fun of everyone

I loved it when they made fun of the Screen Actors Guild in Team America and I loved it when Sean Penn sent them an angry letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom