• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Sarah McCammon NPRVerified account
‏@sarahmccammon
Kasich: "We're Americans before we're Republicans or Democrats."

WHERE IS THIS GOING JOHN

Iolo

‏@sarahmccammon
Speaking now in Oregon, @JohnKasich says he has "thought deeply" about whether to continue his campaign.

Oh.....?

Is he dropping? Guys...?

He's far too hungry to drop out now.

^ dammit

PBY

Banned
‏@sarahmccammon
Kasich: "I made a determination that the people of American deserve something." Said his wife told him, "The people need a choice."

Crocodile

This is the most succinctly I've seen a non-IN path for Trump put:

Taniel
‏@Taniel
Trump can lose NE, MT, SD and every single district in WA & IN
—and still get to 1237 if he wins NJ, WV, & 40 of 53 CA districts.

Ryan StruykVerified account
‏@ryanstruyk
Brand new @ABC count updated after our team called every unbound delegate:

Trump 996
Cruz 568
Rubio 167
Kasich 154
Uncommitted 58
Other 16

drudge-siren.gif
drudge-siren.gif
drudge-siren.gif

Un-fucking-real......

Bill Kristol was just on MSNBC. He said that the work to run a third party candidate was already well underway.

168RaNA.gif

Not only am I not convinced this will help them save face, it will give Trump the perfect excuse to blame his loss on. "I didn't lose because I was bad, I lost because the Republican Establishment forced the vote to be split. They sabotaged me. I could've/would've won otherwise!"

‏@sarahmccammon
Speaking now in Oregon, @JohnKasich says he has "thought deeply" about whether to continue his campaign.

Sarah McCammon NPR ‏@sarahmccammon 23s24 seconds ago
Kasich hasn't said yet what he's decided about his presidential campaign, but he's recounting his career.

Oh.....?

Is he dropping? Guys...?

Just hold off until after Tuesday Pancake Man!

I really think it was those PA unbound delegates. He has really been doing a poor job getting those on his side in CO/WY/ND, but he put in the work there and it paid off.

It just goes to show you if he had been running a halfway competent campaign from the start, he would have clinched this weeks ago. Every other Republican who ran this year should be embarrassed.

PBY

Banned
‏@sarahmccammon
Kasich: "I made a determination that the people of American deserve something." Said his wife told him, "The people need a choice."

‏@sarahmccammon
Kasich: "I've decided to keep going, and there are going to be people who criticize me for that."

KasichLaugh.gif

SheSaidNo

The main trade component of the decline of US manufacturing was opening of markets and supply chains to China. This isn't really a secret, it isn't something that economists will refuse to admit when talking about the effects of trade. Industries at a competitive disadvantage will decline without protectionist barriers and these tend to be highly localised.

But it was already declining prior to this, and to the implementation of NAFTA due to technology and/or productivity improvements.

The gains to society are much more diffuse, but still significant and its still generally agreed they outweigh the negative impacts.

The protectionism comes about because we don't do enough to help unemployed workers once they lose their job. Welfare sucks, unemployment sucks, trade adjustment assistance was slashed, so people are afraid of losing their jobs; they know they will be unlikely to adjust to another industry before the lack of unemployment benefits devastates them. We need to address this stuff if we are going to continue passing trade agreements. I agree that protectionism is not the best way to go about protesting the trade agreements.

Ryan StruykVerified account
‏@ryanstruyk
Brand new @ABC count updated after our team called every unbound delegate:

Trump 996
Cruz 568
Rubio 167
Kasich 154
Uncommitted 58
Other 16

drudge-siren.gif
drudge-siren.gif
drudge-siren.gif
He's holding out for a show offer from Food Network.

<Insert witty title suggestion>

Kasich needs to create his own show of Eating on the Road ala Anthony Bourdain,
Rubio is still ahead in delegates LOL

Jesus conservatives really do just sit around masturbating to the platonic ideal versions of contrarianism don't they? Even the gatdamm national review stakes their entire identity on "going against the flow." They have no identity of they aren't against something. Fucking gross

They are definitely for something, but the something that they're for is unpopular with most people. Thus, they can only run the cash machine by scaring people into being against the things that they are against.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
&#8207;@sarahmccammon
Kasich: "We're Americans before we're Republicans or Democrats."

WHERE IS THIS GOING JOHN
everyone is invited to this cute little diner I found to eat after this pressed. Everyone in America.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Bill Kristol was just on MSNBC. He said that the work to run a third party candidate was already well underway.

168RaNA.gif

I imagine that work is well underway seeing as he announced he was working on it a month ago.

Supposedly it's likely to be Tom Coburn, with Rick Perry being the other name floated at that time.

Something I learned today:

Kasich didn't even make the voter's guide in Oregon.

And that's the state (along with New Mexico) he's supposed to take.

I imagine that work is well underway seeing as he announced he was working on it a month ago.

Supposedly it's likely to be Tom Coburn, with Rick Perry being the other name floated at that time.

Cotton is pro-Trump, Perry already said he isn't running. It's impossible for a third-party campaign to get started in this limited of time. Kristol is just smoking meth to avoid reality.

He's holding out for a show offer from Food Network.

<Insert witty title suggestion>

John Kasich: Delicate Constitution

Something I learned today:

Kasich didn't even make the voter's guide in Oregon.

And that's the state (along with New Mexico) he's supposed to take.

He's mentioned in the Oregon Voter's Guide, but he didn't furnish a statement (unlike literally every other candidate in there, including random district commissioners or whatever). So, yeah, that's funny. My wife and I assumed it meant he was dropping out.

Hmmm.

Gun violence affects African Americans in high numbers, with 4 in 10 saying they, or someone close to them, have been personally affected by gun violence.

This number is even higher among young African Americans, at 48%.

Further, more than half of African Americans and 1 in 3 Hispanics have had a negative interaction with law enforcement, and a majority of people of color know someone who has been incarcerated.

Despite gun violence affecting African Americans in high numbers, there is a belief that most Americans don&#8217;t care about gun violence that affects communities of color.

57% of African Americans agree that &#8220;most people in America don&#8217;t care about the gun violence that is affecting communities of color,&#8221; a feeling that is particularly pronounced among young people, with 64% of African Americans aged 18-29 agreeing.

Hispanics are less inclined to agree with the statement with only 45% agreeing and 48% of Hispanics aged 18-29.

In addition to gun violence, high numbers of African Americans and Hispanics have also had personal experiences with incarceration or negative interactions with law enforcement.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2817940-BSG-Memo.html#pages

My friend said that facebook isn't the place to post Political things if you want to be taken seriously. Facebook is for memes.

So I responded with this.

13a81i.jpg

Teggy

Antisemtism isn't that big of a deal though! At least that's what some people on gaf told me!

The funny thing is that my Dad is always telling me he won't plan any trips to Europe for a while because the anti-Semitism is too bad. I really should forward this to him so he can see what's going on at home, and in support of the guy he'll probably vote for.

PBY

Banned
daveweigelVerified account
&#8207;@daveweigel
&#8220;I don&#8217;t know how many ethnics live in Portland, but I&#8217;m a Pittsburgh boy,&#8221; says Kasich, setting up a story about Polish weddings

John Kasich, friend to the ethnics.

CCS

Banned
daveweigelVerified account
&#8207;@daveweigel
“I don’t know how many ethnics live in Portland, but I’m a Pittsburgh boy,” says Kasich, setting up a story about Polish weddings

John Kasich, friend to the ethnics.

It's about ethnics in state primaries.

Ethnics. Women in kitchens.

Lol.

Somewhat non sequitur but I wanted to confirm my current understanding: the legislature aren't subject to FOIA? Is there any reason for this?

PBY

Banned
Gabriel DebenedettiVerified account
&#8207;@gdebenedetti
New report: the Clinton super PAC just dropped $25,000 on anti-Trump digital ads in IN, NE, WV, OR, WA, CA, MT, NJ, NM, SD.

Why now tho

shem935

Banned
It's about ethnics in state primaries.
True story: in public speaking class today a student was giving a speech about how to teach children the value of rules and whenever they said ethics they threw an extra n in and made it ethnics. Ended with a quote "Children need to be taught that ethnics don't come from rules, rules come from ethnics.".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom