• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last one cuz my friend actually said "Well a democratic majority will be enough to pass liberal legislation"

So I responded with

13a8w9.jpg

CCS

Banned
True story: in public speaking class today a student was giving a speech about how to teach children the value of rules and whenever they said ethics they threw an extra n in and made it ethnics. Ended with a quote "Children need to be taught that ethnics don't come from rules, rules come from ethnics.".

This is incredible. Someone should make this a browser extension.

Shot with what? I saw the Taiwan news video...

Oh lord :p

Cipherr

Gabriel DebenedettiVerified account
‏@gdebenedetti
New report: the Clinton super PAC just dropped $25,000 on anti-Trump digital ads in IN, NE, WV, OR, WA, CA, MT, NJ, NM, SD.

Why now tho

Paint him hard and early, like Obama did Romney.

shem935

Banned
Yeah, still baffling. Superpacs do dumb fuck stuff sometimes, on both sides, in ways that just are beyond me. See e.g. anything Kasich related.
Doesn't seem like that big of an investment. Maybe they are just testing the waters to see what people respond to?

Ethnics. Women in kitchens.

Lol.

Somewhat non sequitur but I wanted to confirm my current understanding: the legislature aren't subject to FOIA? Is there any reason for this?

Because they'd be subject to FOIA and its hard to have people willingly open their doors to people looking for wrong doing.

FOIA was largely in response to defense related stuff, classification and all that.

FOIA doesn't apply to the White House either (well it kinda does but only after at least one term of another president has passed, 5 years and they can drag their feet for up to 12)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Dumb. Let him win the nomination first.

Eh, maximum fuckery is still taking the nomination away from Trump when he is the clear winner. Start painting the likely nominee now before it's finalized, the downside is so small in comparison.

If we use that ABC tally it puts Trump 10 over his aggressive path over at 538. Actually, the only thing that's prevented him from staying above the line for this entire run was Kasich taking Ohio's WTA.

It's about ethnics in state primaries.
SensibleChuckle.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/725814765843410944

All well and good but I hope he understands that's not easy to do.

He can go fuck himself. Closed primaries in all 50 states makes more logical sense.

If you have all open primaries, what is the point of registering for political parties?
Just register as independent and vote on whatever you want, want to fuck with the opposite party since the race no longer matters? Why not!

PBY

Banned
He can go fuck himself. Closed primaries in all 50 states makes more logical sense.

If you have all open primaries, what is the point of registering for political parties?
Just register as independent and vote on whatever you want, want to fuck with the opposite party since the race no longer matters? Why not!

I think the compromise is that they should be *closed, but you can register right there for that party, or switch party affiliation, as you vote.

Suikoguy

I think the compromise is that they should be *closed, but you can register right there for that party, or switch party affiliation, as you vote.

Register for i'd be fine with, but not switching affiliation.
Switching affiliation needs to be done before the primaries start.

PBY

Banned
Register for i'd be fine with, but not switch affiliation.
Switching affiliation needs to be done before the primaries start.

Yeah, I get the point of that, and I understand the purpose of the primary as a party deciding its representative, but I'm always going to be more in favor of more participation and engagement.

Holmes

Even if Sanders' delegates pass a resolution for open primaries in all 50 states, wouldn't it just be non-binding anyway?

Bernie is disillusion if he thinks this would have saved him though.

Bernie's who thing is to rant against the machine and then go back to the machine and say, change and give up your power? Why would they?

I think it's a fair concession if it gets rid of caucuses.

Although that would need to happen at the state level anyway?
You're both right! This is how different states ended up with different rules in the first place.

The notable thing here that Sanders fails to mention is that he'd still be losing even if they were all open. Instead, he's been using this as an excuse for ages.

Alternatively (and hilariously), if the Democrats went to Republicans rules Clinton would have a 1000 delegate lead. This is the advantage of a system skewed toward getting an early winner. Just that it backfired completely this year. There's absolutely no system of voting that could theoretically bring Sanders into a win were it enacted and I'm sick of hearing Sanders supporters claim otherwise. Moreover, full proportionality would make zero difference.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clintons-delegate-lead-would-triple-under-gop-rules/
Bernie is disillusion if he thinks this would have saved him though.
Correct.

Suikoguy

Jane should pill a Bill and just stay out of the spotlight.

Bill has been quiet or just quit taking any risks going off script at appearances.

Are caucuses significantly cheaper?

They are cheaper, but we have like no Data on what caucuses cost, I remember a post about a primary's cost.

Why is Bernie intent on letting Republicans help pick the Democratic presidential nominee?

I think it's this mythical view of independents being actually independent.
People should be able to switch their party ID anytime up to the first primary, but after that it should be locked in until after the primaries are over.

nillah

Banned
The thing with Hiliary is, she comes across as a try hard where's a Trump doesn't even want the damn nomination and he's still clowning the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom