• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Mahfackas try to hold me down in OT for supporting QUEEN. Saying I'm "spewing false and misleading info." Then when I come back and smack yo bitch ass down to show how you incorrect and Modbot locks the threads because of a bunch of pedantic motherfuckers, I get no satisfaction. Booooooo. Makes me want to duel with pistols at dawn (or avatar bet).

Mahfackas try to hold me down in OT for supporting QUEEN. Saying I'm "spewing false and misleading info." Then when I come back and smack yo bitch ass down to show how you incorrect and Modbot locks the threads because of a bunch of pedantic motherfuckers, I get no satisfaction. Booooooo. Makes me want to duel with pistols at dawn (or avatar bet).
Sorry. It's all my fault.

I had a long post about youth turn out since 1984 going.

Fun fact turns out the highest 18-29 turn out in terms of percentage of electorate since from 1984 to 2012 was in fact 1984 when the youth turn out was 23% compared to Obama's turn outs of 18 and 19%.

In 84 the 18-29 vote was won by Reagan by about 59%

Just a fun fact.

HUELEN10

7UfcV2.jpg

There's no stopping Possible President Donald Trump! I like the elephant with the kitchen sink, poor Republicans. That's the one thing I like about Trump though, he is clearly an in-name-only member of political parties, wether he sides with the dems or the Republicans, as he has in the past. I kinda relate to him in solely that regard as a registered NPA voter.

Holmes

Huelen, next time you want to write a pro-Trump post or pro-Sanders post, or any kind of post, open up Microsoft Word, type it there, then exit the program and don't save it.

There's no stopping Possible President Donald Trump! I like the elephant with the kitchen sink, poor Republicans. That's the one thing I like about Trump though, he is clearly an in-name-only member of political parties, wether he sides with the dems or the Republicans, as he has in the past. I kinda relate to him in solely that regard as a registered NPA voter.

I liked how you tried to tie him to the Democrats to make supporting a virulent racist and sexist more palatable.

Nice try bucko

https://thepoliticalanalyzer.com/2016/04/30/sanders-dominates-clinton-in-california-with-61-25/

There hasn't even been a poll showing a Sanders leads let alone a 39% win but man this is spreading around my Facebook.

This is literally predictions made out of nothing but you can bet when Sander doesn't win, this guy won't have been wrong, oh no it'll have been voter fraud!!!!

The following article is based on a public opinion survey. The methodology considers historical survey of Pew Research and Gallup, and CNN and MSNBC Polls.

I worked on the Californian electorate dividing the Democratic electorate in age and ethnicity, I assigned the turnout consideration and I finally divided Counties in California and then in Macro-Areas.

Specifically, according to the latest CNN Poll I assigned to Sanders the 60% of White Electorate and 62% of Black Electorate to Clinton.

I remained faithful to my ‘theory of wildfire’ and I extended it from Oregon to North California to the Bay Area and Sacramento MSA.

Following the data of UC Davis ‘Center for Elecorate Change’ I attributed to the Hispanic Community the percentage of votes and the turnout to be awarded to Bernie Sanders county by county: 60%.

I also worked by age and I corroborated in this way the data of the largest research centers by aligning the percentages of voters to be attributed to Sanders and Clinton.

The current situation in California tells us that the strength of Vermont Senator is still great and he’s by far the most popular politician. He currently reaches 61.25% of the vote but, that being said, it will be important to understand how many Unaffiliated Electors and how many Hispanics will vote.

If Sanders was able to keep focused his electorate, be able to win big the most important state of America, and in so doing to monopolize the Democratic Convention a few weeks later. If that were not enough, the state would be the springboard for the creation of a new political platform and the start of the race in the upcoming Presidential Elections.

This btw is who the guy is

Italian Psychologist and Political Scientist. Social Media Expert, Trends and Sentiment Analyzer, Memetica Expert, Frames Guru, Storyteller, Marketing and Communication, Musician, Rapper, Writer, Ghostwriter, and many more.

This is the political equivalent of mystic healing lol

HUELEN10

I liked how you tried to tie him to the Democrats to make supporting a virulent racist and sexist more palatable.

Nice try bucko

I tried nothing, I genuinely meant every word I said, without hesitation: I can honestly appreciate someone who is unashamed to be RINO or DINO, because I can't say I'm not just that either, I mean I literally became a democrat for a few days, I think a week or so tops, just to vote for Bernie. Wouldn't that action make me a DINO as well?

And as for the other stuff, Mr. Spock, you misunderstand us. We can be against him and admire him all at the same time. Illogical? Totally.

itschris

Wow:

d6aP770.png

This is What Will Happen at the Democratic Convention

Bernie Sanders has vowed to fight relentlessly for the 2016 Democratic Party’s nomination up to the convention and, despite the apparent consensus of the media’s talking heads that the campaign is a lost cause, he has held fast to his claim that there is a “narrow path to victory.” I am reminded of Galadriel’s ominous words of advice, in the Fellowship of the Ring: The quest stands upon the edge of a knife — stray but a little, and it will fail…

she needs an additional 486 delegates to reach the magic number of 2,383, right? Let’s find out how many delegates Clinton would have to win in the remaining states (besides California, of course).

Of the 541 delegates left, once the 475 CA delegates have been subtracted from the 1,016 delegate total, Clinton is going to have to win almost 90% of the remaining non-California delegates!

Wow! Even if Clinton actually wins California with 60% to Sanders with 40%, she will still have to secure about 80% of the remaining vote! Again, this certainly doesn’t seem likely in Oregon, West Virginia, or Indiana, which means the actual percentage would climb each time she failed to take 80% of a state! Now, are you starting to see why I am saying that Clinton will not be securing the nomination before the convention?

First off, let’s acknowledge that the math seems to prohibit both candidates from securing the nomination before the convention — so what does this mean? This means that, since Sanders will not give up before the convention, there will almost certainly be a “contested convention.”

 the new magic number, for Sanders anyway, is actually 64.4% of the remaining states, which would mean winning 655 of the 1,016 remaining delegates, pushing his total up to 2,026, the bare majority of delegates, leaving Clinton one delegate behind at 2,025.

Now, does Sanders winning 64.4% sound too far-fetched? Not particularly, especially when we consider his advantages on the Left Coast, in California’s 475 delegate semi-open primary. An uphill climb, though? Certainly. Remember, though: it is all but certain that Clinton will not secure the nomination, while Sanders supporters are going to be pouring into Philadelphia for the convention by the tens of thousands. Even if Bernie fell short by a few points, we’re still essentially looking at a tie. And that’s when all hell is going to break loose.

Things are going to become very interesting when they look back at the many states that are still crying out for a re-vote, states fraught with “voting irregularities,” polling station closures, and voter roll purges — all states which Clinton won and all states which so far have not received justice.

Things are going to become very interesting when the DNC and the super-delegates realize that Sanders, unlike the Wallstreet-backed Clinton-Machine, will bring in not only millions of independent voters that were unable to vote in the primaries, but even defecting Republican votes, sealing the GOP’s utter defeat in November.

Things are going to become very interesting when, while they are thinking about all of these things, they are doing so to the earth-shaking, thunderous chants of “Sanders! Sanders!” from his tens of thousands of supporters outside, who have time-and-again proven their ability to rally by the tens of thousands — do you think that we won’t do the same at the convention?

And finally, things are going to become very, very interesting when the super-delegates and the DNC are forced to choose, publicly, whether to hand the nomination to Clinton and watch the millions of independents walk away, along with millions of former-democrat Sanders-supporters, basically handing the general election to the neo-fascists Trump or Cruz — or, to hand it to Sanders, a leader who will have the support, not only of the entire Democratic Party, but of millions of Independents, Green Party voters, and — yes, indeed — even Republicans defecting from the extremist GOP.

So much delusion. I don't know where people keep getting the idea that just because a candidate doesn't reach a majority of all delegates purely with pledged delegates that that means it's a "contested convention". And LOL at the idea that Bernie is going to fall a few points short of 64.4% "at worst".

OuterLimits

That Cruz +16 poll in Indiana seems odd. It was done April 13-27. Is it unusual to conduct a poll over 2 weeks? Especially for only 400 people. Does it take 2 weeks to call 400 people. So much of poll would have been done before Trump won big in the NE states. Oh and they haven't done a poll in 5 years and never a Presidential one. Still, Fox and others were showing the poll on their broadcasts and saying Cruz may have a big lead, but cautioned it was done over a 2 week period. Lol. Might as well show the rather bad ARG poll then with Trump up 9. They didn't of course. At least ARG has been doing polls in the last 5 years.

I think it will be close on both sides, but I'm guessing Sanders and Cruz win. Trump will win some districts to get a few delegates though.

CNN shows Trump with 1001 delegates. He got most of the unbound PA delegates saying they will support him. So his big gain in Pennsylvania has made Indiana less important, although the media seems to be trying still stick with the narrative that a Trump loss will almost certainly keep him from the needed delegates.

Kind of like how they kept implying the Clinton/Sanders race was much closer than it really was.

Wow:

d6aP770.png

So much delusion. I don't know where people keep getting the idea that just because a candidate doesn't reach a majority of all delegates purely with pledged delegates that that means it's a "contested convention". And LOL at the idea that Bernie is going to fall a few points short of 64.4% "at worst".

I can picture it now, giant groups of Bernie supporters doing convention parties, getting a shit ton of food, popcorn, drinks, all for the big cluster fuck of the convention.

Waiting for the brokered convention, knowing that Bernie has a legit shot of getting the nomination as delegates start moving around.

"We got this, they are feeling the Bern!!"

Key Race Alert: Hillary Clinton secures democratic nomination on first ballot

latest

CCS

Banned
Wow:

d6aP770.png

This is the worst fanfic I've ever read, and I've read a lot of bad fanfic.

Wow:

d6aP770.png

"I am reminded of Galadriel’s ominous words of advice, in the Fellowship of the Ring: The quest stands upon the edge of a knife — stray but a little, and it will fail"

I wanted to keep reading but my eyes rolled so far back I have lost the ability to see.

I was debating ranting about that specific post. After some contemplation, I realized that my only reply to anyone try to claim any of that was possible would simply be "no." Screw explanations, definitions, terminology, statistics, reality, all of it. Just "no." It's not worth replying to beyond that. More harm than good. Wasted energy against such persons.

Hillary is going to win first ballot, period. And that's it. Zero to contest. Any of the Berniesplaining electoral bullshit or fraud claims aren't going to work on the Supers. That's why they're there. To make sure idiots can't hijack the convention by just making a lot of noise. If there was ever going to be DNC drama it would have been in 2008 when things were legitimately close and if the Supers all worked together they could have actually flipped the nominee if they felt like. But they didn't. Because Democrats are better than that.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This is actual cartoon villainy instead of the horror movie villainy Cruz and Trump usually practice:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...fornia-advisers-guatemala-televised-execution

I'm normally on the side of separation of job / client.
Yet somehow, the world proves there is a line in the sand for everything . And this is really close to that line where i'd probably not take a client.

But i'd typically not hold against someone what clients they had unless there is a degree of certainty that it would affect their job. A good strategist should be able to emotionally detach himself from his client to give the best advice.

History barely remembers the losers in the general. Jeb will be forgotten by next year. Marco Rubio is already forgotten. Ted Cruz will be as memorable as Rick Santorum.
I beg to differ. Cruz would have an awesome legacy if a bodily fluid is named after him and his first google search result showed off his homophobia. Well, transphobia for him? It's really quite scary.

That Sanders supporter delusion makes no sense. I could understand it a few months ago but by now you'd think they realize that "supposing" Clinton doesn't win a single delegate from [insert big state] doesn't make any sense. Hell the same applies to Sanders - he's going to get delegates too, that's how this works. You can't give Sanders all 450+ of California's delegates as the basis of your argument lmao.

Primary losers are never remembered unless they're, sayyyyy, a Kennedy who primaries an incumbent president.

If Trump is a disaster GE candidate and gets immolated in the election, I'd guess he'll be at least as notorious historically as Goldwater or McGovern. It depends on the ripples it makes for the GOP and the political landscape in general.

To be fair, things tend to not change as much as you expect.

It would be really shit if Bernie tried to win the nomination at the convention. After california, he needs to just concede. Hillary didn't try to pull a convention stunt in 08

It would also be hilariously hypocritical of him.

He has literally 0 argument for why the Supers (who he originally hated and thought were undemocratic, but now conveniently doesn't mind anymore) should go against the will of the people and select him.

Holmes

https://thepoliticalanalyzer.com/2016/04/30/sanders-dominates-clinton-in-california-with-61-25/

There hasn't even been a poll showing a Sanders leads let alone a 39% win but man this is spreading around my Facebook.

This is literally predictions made out of nothing but you can bet when Sander doesn't win, this guy won't have been wrong, oh no it'll have been voter fraud!!!!

This btw is who the guy is

This is the political equivalent of mystic healing lol
This person has Sanders winning whites and latinos with 60% of the vote, I'm hollering.

"Based on data by CNN, Gallup and Pew, I'm going to pull numbers out of my ass and assume Sanders gets 60% of whites, Clinton gets 62% of blacks, and Sanders wins 60% of latinos."

These people will be so shocked when the California results start rolling in.

You guys have an unhealthy obsession with that s4p subreddit. Yes, many of them are delusional, but none of them are posting here.

I'm starting to think that this fixation on crazed Bernie supporters has to do with the lack of strongly opposing opinions in this community. Who knows, but whatever the case, I'd rather not see ridiculous subreddit post #688324788 when I come into a poligaf thread.

Has Benchmark posted their final projections for Indiana yet?

This person has Sanders winning whites and latinos with 60% of the vote, I'm hollering.

"Based on data by CNN, Gallup and Pew, I'm going to pull numbers out of my ass and assume Sanders gets 60% of whites, Clinton gets 62% of blacks, and Sanders wins 60% of latinos."

These people will be so shocked when the California results start rolling in.

For more amusement, read how they "predicted" the North Atlantic would go last Tuesday: https://thepoliticalanalyzer.com/2016/04/23/sanders-leads-in-the-north-atlantic-by-5/

The bottom few paragraphs are particularly telling - his analysis is basically adding in an arbitrary "discouragement" modifications based how excited he thinks the Bernie camp is at the moment.

dramatis

Mocking Critics, Donald Trump Says He Can Win Without Republican Unity [NY Times]
For the next 25 minutes, though, Mr. Trump spoke little of California or its June 7 primary. Rather, he wrestled with whether he wanted to begin healing the fractured party he was seeking to lead. Mr. Trump, the Republican front-runner in the presidential race, mocked his conservative critics and his current and former rivals as dumb, “disgusting” and losers. He claimed at least twice that he could win even if the party did not come together. And with some conservatives still uneasy about his beliefs, he breezily dismissed questions about his principles.

“Folks, I’m a conservative, but at this point, who cares? We got to straighten out the country,” he said at a subdued luncheon of party activists who seemed more curious about seeing a celebrity than enthusiastic about their potential presidential nominee.

During the same speech, though, he called for party unity to defeat Hillary Clinton, the likely Democratic standard-bearer.

Mr. Trump’s remarks offered a vivid illustration of the current state of his campaign: As he edges closer to the nomination, he is under pressure to curb his hard-edged language and exude a more statesmanlike demeanor. But the continuing attacks from other Republicans plainly rankle him, and he appears to have little appetite to make peace with his critics.

A Potent Side Effect to the Flint Water Crisis: Mental Health Problems [NYT]
A team of behavioral health specialists from the United States Public Health Service began addressing the mental health problem in February by providing “psychological first aid” training for people interested in helping others cope with the water emergency.

Genesee Health System, a local mental health agency, also created the Flint Community Resilience Group, whose members are focusing on the long-term psychological consequences of the water crisis and how to address them.

With a $500,000 emergency grant from the state, the group is offering free crisis counseling at churches and the public library, and has held two community meetings on stress management. Social workers and social work students from around the state are helping with the counseling on a volunteer basis.

But the need probably extends far beyond the 400 people who have been helped since the counseling started in February.

You guys have an unhealthy obsession with that s4p subreddit. Yes, many of them are delusional, but none of them are posting here.

I'm starting to think that this fixation on crazed Bernie supporters has to do with the lack of strongly opposing opinions in this community. Who knows, but whatever the case, I'd rather not see ridiculous subreddit post #688324788 when I come into a poligaf thread.

Has Benchmark posted their final projections for Indiana yet?
I don't think you're wrong...but it's still entertaining. The actual nominee is pretty weak and I guess people (including myself) would rather discuss the clown show.

S4p and r/politics is the berniebro hivemind. I don't mind seeing what mother brain is thinking with regards to a failed candidacy's delusions of grandeur.

hawk2025

Politics involves understanding the way relevant interest groups are thinking and acting.

Seeing what an important part of the Sanders grassroots campaign like Reddit is up to is not an obsession, it's part of the game. That a ridiculous article floats to the top is an indictment on their movement, not us.

One could easily say no one here understood how the Bernie campaign actually gained traction if we ignored Reddit. None of them are posting here because we are irrelevant as an interest group; They are not.

Teggy

For more amusement, read how they "predicted" the North Atlantic would go last Tuesday: https://thepoliticalanalyzer.com/2016/04/23/sanders-leads-in-the-north-atlantic-by-5/

The bottom few paragraphs are particularly telling - his analysis is basically adding in an arbitrary "discouragement" modifications based how excited he thinks the Bernie camp is at the moment.

I was wondering what this guy's story was because his writing reads like english is not his first language. He's quite the...er...well rounded individual:

Italian Psychologist and Political Scientist. Social Media Expert, Trends and Sentiment Analyzer, Memetica Expert, Frames Guru, Storyteller, Marketing and Communication, Musician, Rapper, Writer, Ghostwriter, and many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom